Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Ah here, harsh enough maxx. I though private Pyle was excellent in Miami Vice.

Leon-Wolf.jpgfullmetaljacketdonofrio.jpg

Maybe your right but if I see him in a movie I just lose interest immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

cj maxx wrote: »

I'm like that with Forest Whittaker. Whenever I see that big-crossed eyed bear, I turn off immediately.

There are just some actors I cannot watch: Ryan Reynolds springs to mind. Same shtick in every movie he has ever been in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Paul O'Grady

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Vincent D'Onofrio.
    Always plays the same character. Badly

JEsus yeah-and it's sorta like 'small doses' with him. He's fine as private Pyle, because he's only in the movie for a short while.

Men in Black, you're meant to hate him as the alien-and he's not in it for too long.

He overdoes it as an actor-often distractingly so. And that is frustrating to me.
    But he's also got Asperger's (high functioning autism) so 'being human' is difficult for him. (Apologies, I know that sounds insulting-but for autists, reading the cues of normal social interaction is quite difficult).

But I see him in a movie-my brain switches off. Even tho I know some folks who love him as an actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I'm like that with Forest Whittaker. Whenever I see that big-crossed eyed bear, I turn off immediately.

There are just some actors I cannot watch: Ryan Reynolds springs to mind. Same shtick in every movie he has ever been in.

Mine is Adam Sandler,hes graduated from playing the son to the father.Hes the same in every role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

dubstarr wrote: »
    Mine is Adam Sandler,hes graduated from playing the son to the father.Hes the same in every role.
    Seth Rogan too. Slightly overweight, immature slacker every time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You beat me too it. I am saying Paul Rudd now as well, I got there first.

Although I like both, they are both funny and I like watching them.

It is a pity Chevy Chase never got the opportunity to play James Bond either.

If there's one good thing to be said about the legalization of cannabis in multiple states in the US, is that it killed off the stoner movie.

Which in turn killed off the likes of Rogen's career. Hopefully he disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Drew Barrymore is another one,its her mouth i think.I know its not her fault,but its a bitch when you are trying to lipread:D

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    You beat me too it. I am saying Paul Rudd now as well, I got there first.

Although I like both, they are both funny and I like watching them.

It is a pity Chevy Chase never got the opportunity to play James Bond either.

Chevy has a serious ego-it's why he left SNL. He thought he was too good for them. (He became such a douche, the normally laid back Bill Murray actually got into a fist fight with him.)

Years later, Dan Ackroyd and Chevy worked together on Nothing But Trouble... and things got so bad, the crew threatened to beat the snot out of him.

There's an interesting retrospective about the making of the movie, with lots of details about the behind the scenes. It's not a good film, but had tons of trouble behind the scenes.

• Advertisement

Chevy has a serious ego-it's why he left SNL. He thought he was too good for them. (He became such a douche, the normally laid back Bill Murray actually got into a fist fight with him.)

Years later, Dan Ackroyd and Chevy worked together on Nothing But Trouble... and things got so bad, the crew threatened to beat the snot out of him.

There's an interesting retrospective about the making of the movie, with lots of details about the behind the scenes. It's not a good film, but had tons of trouble behind the scenes.
    Didn't he get kicked off Community as well?
    Fletch and Fletch Lives were probably the closest Chase came to a Bond-like role.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Jonah Hill comes to mind!

Didn't he get kicked off Community as well?
    Fletch and Fletch Lives were probably the closest Chase came to a Bond-like role.

Yep, Dan Harman and Donald Glover (the creator of the show and his co-star, respectively) said he got quite racist at times.

Got reprimanded on more than one occasion for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Stay away from his twitter ... he's eh ... he's a bit weird.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Stay away from his twitter ... he's eh ... he's a bit weird.

Oh man-when hollywood folks got on twitter, people realised very quickly all these people who 'play pretend' are often miserable twits.

Adam Baldwin, James Woods, Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan, Rosanna Arquette, Patricia Arquette...

Crazy, the lot of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Piers Morgan. What a thoroughly obnoxious twat.

Piers Morgan. What a thoroughly obnoxious twat.
    That's not inexplicable. There would be something wrong with you if you didn't hate that smarmy git.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Steve Guttenberg. No particular reason, he just looks smug in a Jerry Seinfeld kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Steve Guttenberg. No particular reason, he just looks smug in a Jerry Seinfeld kind of way.

I feel like that about Billy Crystal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭She is d.i.s.c.o

David Walliams.

I cant be sure if its inexplicable or not though since the a in William's annoys me and then also that bitty sketch :/

• Advertisement

Didn't he go mad on plastic surgery?

I remember seeing him mentioned on some show, and he'd absolutely turned into a Ken Doll.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

David Walliams.

I cant be sure if its inexplicable or not though since the a in William's annoys me and then also that bitty sketch :/

He's creepy to unbelievable extent, sort of get the feeling there is no real personality just many false faces

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Donal Skeehan , persistent attention seeker . I dont care that he is now returning form LA or wherever .

He comes across as a complete phoney. I'd say his real life personality is a far cry from the smiley salt of the Earth Mammy's boy he comes across as on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Has Martin King been mentioned?:rolleyes: If not he is now

Has Martin King been mentioned?:rolleyes: If not he is now

I'll give him credit for discussing a recent health scare he had.

5 stents (a couple in the heart) is not a small procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

Gerard Manley Hopkins. Never met the man as he died about 80 years before I was born. But............

Cloud-puffball, torn tufts, tossed pillows | flaunt forth, then chevy on an air-built thoroughfare: heaven-roysterers, in gay-gangs | they throng; they glitter in marches.

If I had a time machine when I was in school I'd have kicked him in the b***s.

David Walliams.

Walliams reminds me of this guy who was on a drama course I did years ago. He would get a kick out of making creepy homoerotic sexual remarks.(and no it wasn't in character) I remember one time while everyone was queuing at the canteen he started singing a rhyme about felching that went "i like sucking *** from my lovers bum" Weirdly he went on to marry a woman.

Walliams reminds me of this guy who was on a drama course I did years ago. He would get a kick out of making creepy homoerotic sexual remarks.(and no it wasn't in character) I remember one time while everyone was queuing at the canteen he started singing a rhyme about felching that went "i like sucking *** from my lovers bum" Weirdly he went on to marry a woman.

Drama course?

Like, are you a trained actor, or was it a 'improve public speaking' kinda deal?

Also... JESUS that dude sounds like a creep. Don't get me wrong, I am terrible for innuendos.
    But that's not innuendo-that's creepy.

pawdee wrote: »
    Gerard Manley Hopkins. Never met the man as he died about 80 years before I was born. But............

Cloud-puffball, torn tufts, tossed pillows | flaunt forth, then chevy on an air-built thoroughfare: heaven-roysterers, in gay-gangs | they throng; they glitter in marches.

If I had a time machine when I was in school I'd have kicked him in the b***s.
    If we are going back in time then...

• Advertisement

Drama course?

Like, are you a trained actor, or was it a 'improve public speaking' kinda deal?

Also... JESUS that dude sounds like a creep. Don't get me wrong, I am terrible for innuendos.
    But that's not innuendo-that's creepy.

I had ambitions about doing acting professionaly but it fizzled out. I still do a a bit of am dram. Yeah no one liked him. Very arrogant and massive ego too. That was about twenty five years ago but Walliams always reminds me of him.

Advertisement