Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

George Hamilton and tony o donoghue from rte sports, can't stand them 2 cnuts

Need to expand on that pal ...I know it;s inexplicably ..but why these two ...I am a guy finds it really easy to hate media people .

But why these Duds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Need to expand on that pal ...I know it;s inexplicably ..but why these two ...I am a guy finds it really easy to hate media people .

But why these Duds ?

I'm not sure why, its uh ............inexplicable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

cj maxx wrote: »
    Not for farting, but if she started talking then I'd fuc her out in 2 seconds
    What if she is talking out her arse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Everyone in the GoMo ad.

Every
    Single
    One

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I'm not sure why, its uh ............inexplicable

Ha ha ...good response !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Ha ha ...good response !

To be serious, i don't know why but George Hamilton is not as bad as Tony o donoghue, i simply can't stand to have him on the telly, George isn't all that bad i suppose, no obvious reason for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Louis Theroux

I don't know how he's remotely considered a journalist. That, and he has the personality of it a brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,623 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

To be serious, i don't know why but George Hamilton is not as bad as Tony o donoghue, i simply can't stand to have him on the telly, George isn't all that bad i suppose, no obvious reason for it

I hate George for his commentary on the Poland game in 92?/6 ?? . 3-0 up to qualify for the Euros I'm guessing and George was giving it loads and the poles come back to draw 3-3 and deny qualification.
    Always blame him for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Louis Theroux

I don't know how he's remotely considered a journalist. That, and he has the personality of it a brick.

I like his interviewing style personally. He is very good at getting people to open up and betray themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I have only developed this huge disliking over him during this pandemic.

George Lee !!

Does my head in !

I'd imagine Tony Holohan would explain to you why he's not likable :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Louis Theroux

I think the opposite of both of those. His documentaries are all very good, he's great at being seemingly neutral and level headed in some really awkward situations with some horrible situations. He's been a guest in a few podcasts I listened to, he always comes across as funny, interesting and knowledgeable imho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think the opposite of both of those. His documentaries are all very good, he's great at being seemingly neutral and level headed in some really awkward situations with some horrible situations. He's been a guest in a few podcasts I listened to, he always comes across as funny, interesting and knowledgeable imho.

The man is hilarious, but I think he is deliberately feeding to a certain moral high ground. It is easy to travel to America where given its' level of egalitarianism you can get some fairly extreme and outrageous social groupings and basically rip the piss out of them under the guise of trying to understand or promote their movement or lives. He is basically a fraud in all fairness. I still watch him though.

The one I would throw under a bus is that Stacey Dooley. She is too pure to be true. She wades in with the auld virtue and moral high ground every time. I was delighted when she got a hiding in Africa a while back foe being a "white saviour". When you think about it how can you justify her double standards?

In one breath she is interviewing murderers in a female prison with acute patronisation to enable her sell a television programme... then she is down in commonwealth Africa feeding the poor babies ( noble I admit ), but my point being that I sincerely doubt her genuine empathy. She has no problem using psychotic murders or other obscene persons to further her career, but that is all ok because I pick up African babies and kiss them on the cheek like Lady Diana used to.

Anyone watch the Louis Theroux doc A Place for Pedophiles?

Very depressing, and disturbing, but gripping at the same time.

As I said, Louis's very good at getting people like this to dig a hole for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    ...The one I would throw under a bus is that Stacey Dooley...

I suggest never watching Billie JD Porter if you haven't already done so. She started doing documentaries around the same time Dooley did on BBC3. Thankfully she never took off in the same way.

Of course, neither are as bad as our often-mentioned homegrown journo :D Vogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Anyone watch the Louis Theroux doc A Place for Pedophiles?

Very depressing, and disturbing, but gripping at the same time.

As I said, Louis's very good at getting people like this to dig a hole for themselves.

That was such a good documentery.I think Louis gets everyone to open up because hes not hostile.Hes like their friend,and he listens to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

That's Sam Neal you're thinking of, and you are right, a great actor.

No it's Sam Rockwell in those films I mentioned

Jameela Jamil,what a ugh.She jumps m every bandwagon going.And when she doesnt get her own way,she says shes being bullied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

The chief medical examiner
    He looks like a bryor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

smilerf wrote: »
    The chief medical examiner
    He looks like a bryor

It's the other f*cker who winds me up. Prof. Nolan. President of Maynooth University. A very false man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I suggest never watching Billie JD Porter if you haven't already done so. She started doing documentaries around the same time Dooley did on BBC3. Thankfully she never took off in the same way.

Of course, neither are as bad as our often-mentioned homegrown journo :D Vogue.

Another model turned...documentary maker? huh?

Dooley was grand for a while, she seemed empathetic, imo. (You often get a real sense that documentary makers are more happy to have the camera pointed at themselves). Whereas Dooley used to get people to talk, I think she started to buy into her own hype.
    (Sort of similar Ross Kemp, imo).
    Documentaries should be lacking sensationalism as much as possible, or even allow two sides of the story to be told.
    If you start and end with the same angle in your 'documentary', then you're both biased, and you've failed to make a documentary-you've made a puff piece. (Case in point-Louise o'Neill's Asking for it).

• Advertisement

Niall Boylon on the radio today asking if alcohol could be restricted.Really,if they did that there would be murder.And for that stupid suggestion i cant stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

dubstarr wrote: »
    Niall Boylon on the radio today asking if alcohol could be restricted.Really,if they did that there would be murder.And for that stupid suggestion i cant stand him.

There’s nothing as bad as a reformed hoor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Graet idea Niall. Let's lose even more jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

There’s nothing as bad as a reformed hoor!

It’s one of the worst things about lads who have to knock the booze on the head. A lot of them get very preachy about the evils of drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

It’s one of the worst things about lads who have to knock the booze on the head. A lot of them get very preachy about the evils of drink.

It’s often a case of, I had my fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭TheDavester

dubstarr wrote: »
    Jameela Jamil,what a ugh.She jumps m every bandwagon going.And when she doesnt get her own way,she says shes being bullied.

i agree with some of Piers Morgans points of view but i love it when he winds her up on Twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Lily Singh - not many have heard of her but she’s like the female “””””comedian””””” version of that piece of dog **** on your shoe that you keep scraping off grass or footpaths but it stays there embedded.

Dermot Bannon. For someone who looks like a rodent he fairly carries an aura of smugness.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Dermot Bannon. For someone who looks like a rodent he fairly carries an aura of smugness.

:eek:

Going in early Jeffrey, in fairness.

No hold back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

And I suppose you're the picture of Adonis Jeffrey.

Advertisement