Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Dubh Linn wrote: »
    My simple question is: is it going ahead?

Are you well? Do you think we've some inside knowledge of Kim's future plans and thought we'd just start talking about it on Boards?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

PREG1967 wrote: »
    have you seen NK launch many of their 'long range ICBMs?'

Eh no and with good reason they haven't, they'd be bombed back to the stone age. Just because they have not tested one doesn't mean they haven't the means to produce some. Nobody including you can say the missiles on display aren't the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

archer22 wrote: »
    I thought the parade was very impressive...lots of orderly disciplined well coordinated and fit looking people and some nice military kit :cool:.
    I would like to see Ireland try to match any of that...best we can hope for here is a few dopes waddling about :D

I had thought from most of the posters on here that it would be an endless procession of starved dressed in rags poor wretches carrying stone tipped spears dragging themselves down the street :rolleyes:.

You'd have to be some delusional lad to believe that whatever North Korea wants you to see is exactly how the entire country is.
    Most of their gdp is spent on defence so no **** it looks impressive.
    Most of the stuff they have are Soviet hand me downs.
    You seem to be giving the impression that it must be some paradise living there.

Imo the North Koreans are going to troll the hell out of Trump. They'll wait a few weeks until the American aircraft carrier heads back on it's next mission and then carry out their next test. This will go on for maybe another year or so until Trump decides enough is enough and hands the North an ultimatum. When NK refuses the Chinese (who have had spy's and plants within the NK army for years) decide to assassinate Kim Un Fat by means of a coup. It will make the fall of the Berlin wall look like a tea party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

Eh no and with good reason they haven't, they'd be bombed back to the stone age. Just because they have not tested one doesn't mean they haven't the means to produce some. Nobody including you can say the missiles on display aren't the real thing.

I could also parade my own ICBMs if i was running my own town somewhere and I had the cash to mock up some cardboard ones or metal ones if I was starving the population of my town and saving on the cost of food, you would be fooled in the same way?

• Advertisement

I could also parade my own ICBMs if i was running my own town somewhere and I had the cash to mock up some cardboard ones or metal ones if I was starving the population of my town and saving on the cost of food, you would be fooled in the same way?

So you agree you have no idea if they are real or fake?

Imo the North Koreans are going to troll the hell out of Trump. They'll wait a few weeks until the American aircraft carrier heads back on it's next mission and then carry out their next test. This will go on for maybe another year or so until Trump decides enough is enough and hands the North an ultimatum. When NK refuses the Chinese (who have had spy's and plants within the NK army for years) decide to assassinate Kim Un Fat by means of a coup. It will make the fall of the Berlin wall look like a tea party.

wow thats a fantasy, if that was the case why has it not happened yet?

wow thats a fantasy, if that was the case why has it not happened yet?

Not a fantasy just a possible scenario. It's more likely than a nuclear exchange of weapons on China's doorstep.

So you agree you have no idea if they are real or fake?
    tests my friend, tests are the only way NK know whether they are duds/fakes etc. and the rest of us know they have not tested long range ICBMs so these are duds/fakes until proven otherwise, the burden of proof is on NK to prove these missiles are functional not the rest of the world, they have a massive failure rate on just their short range missiles, its reasonable to presume these are duds/fakes therefore

Not a fantasy just a possible scenario. It's more likely than a nuclear exchange of weapons on China's doorstep.
    Kim purged many of his own family members when he came to power because they had links to the chinese but you seem to know more than he does about moles in his circle :D

• Advertisement

Kim purged many of his own family members when he came to power because they had links to the chinese but you seem to know more than he does about moles in his circle :D

Where did i say i know anything? If you read the post i said a possible scenario. Anyway dude enjoy your evening. :)

Anyone who thinks that the average NK man in the street would celebrate the toppling of Fat boy un, needs to remember one thing: the People of NK have only ever been told "one version of the truth" and the government have gone to great lengths to ensure that they only hear the "correct" version.
    For example Radios & televisions made for the local market are designed to operate on frequencies that are outside of the internationally agreed radio spectrum, this means that they will not receive foreign broadcasts, short wave radios are banned and being found with one is a one way ticket to oblivion.

They'll support the supreme leader because they're so conditioned to follow, they have no other option (or opinion) and will die for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

All I have learned is the average man in the street in Ireland knows feck all about North Korea other than what they have been conditioned to believe by western MSM and Hollywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

All I have learned is the average man in the street in Ireland knows feck all about North Korea other than what they have been conditioned to believe by western MSM and Hollywood.
    And what does the above average man believe??

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

I don't see any threat from NK. But I do see how aggressive Trump is, he is way more aggressive than Obama was. He could walk blindly into a terrible conflict with Russia or Iran, and when the gloves are off it's too late have regrets. NK can't respond to an attack and China won't retaliate against America so the fears are laughable because they are baseless. Good for Kim of he developes a nuke or 2, it might stop America or others invading in the future, after all, it's only countries that had no nuclear weapons were invaded and destroyed.

NK can't respond to an attack
    seoul will have no soul left if NK are attacked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭Damien360

Ah yes. I must have missed the North Korean tourist information messages.

News just in of a failed missile launch of the NK east coast.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

North Korea has launched a missile on its east coast which is believed to have failed, South Korea's military says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39612095

And so it continues...

I think they'll go for a nuclear test now. Interesting days ahead.

• Advertisement

byte wrote: »

probably was damp when they lit it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

probably was damp when they lit it

"ah ****it, dese tings are useless. Will we just do a genie with it, lads?"

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

"Bring out the Gimp"

Bambi wrote: »
    "ah ****it, dese tings are useless. Will we just do a genie with it, lads?"

call this one the Taepodong-Squib

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Imminent strike from the US fleet on the way? How do they respond I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

ChikiChiki wrote: »

They probably won't

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Pretty embarrassing for the North Koreans.

Some North Korean scientists/general whatever are going to get it now.

I have this image in my head of Kim force choking some poor general because they f****d up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

ChikiChiki wrote: »

To a missile test?

Are missile tests even illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Apparently it launched and blew up almost immediately. Embarrassing for the fat one.

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/853389826896179200

• Advertisement

bilston wrote: »
    To a missile test?

Are missile tests even illegal?

tis

Advertisement