Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

dasdog wrote: »

Skipping through yesterdays military parade. The goose-stepping is so enthused it looks painful. And kim looks totally bored. It really is bizarre.

NK - a world leader in Potempkin Village mock ups. A capitalist like me could use those skills and slave labour to make a lot of foreign currency in Expos , themed partys and theme parks around the world. Kim , if you see this I'm the hero you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

Can you people not see? This was orchestrated by the fat one. He is scared sh1tless of Trump.

Thank God for Trump. He actually has the balls to do what he says he will do, instead of constantly playing political chess. That MOAB he detonated last week was a direct message to ANYONE who hates America, that he will not tolerate their threats, nevermind their violence, any longer. Even Putin was all pally with him at the start, and now China, the only army in the world capable of beating the US, are breaking their silence and caling for peace.

What happened here is Kim blinked first. He knows Trump is the real deal. If he went ahead and tested that missile on Saturday, he knew he would not be alive on Sunday. Therefore, he didnt test it on Saturday. BUT, he cant be seen to NOT test it at all, so he did it there now, and IMO purposely made it fail. THat way, yes he tested the missile and gave 2 fingers to America and still looks like a brave leader to his people, but it was not enough of a provocation to bring American firepower to bear. Win/win for Kim, Trump, China, and humankind as a whole.

Congratulations, you just wasted 5 mins of your life writing the above. Surely, this is satire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

dasdog wrote: »

Skipping through yesterdays military parade. The goose-stepping is so enthused it looks painful. And kim looks totally bored. It really is bizarre.
    No hope a US drone could have tottered overhead and slammed one eensy hellfire down on the podium, solving a few issues all at the once? Apart from a few old ex-soviet tanks spewing smoke and some outdated tracked rocket-launchers, the legions of goose-steppers look to be his only asset.

Speaking of which, are there not sanctions against selling stuff to NK? Naughty Mercedes benz so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Maybe it's left over stock they made for the Nazis.

The anthem is equally comedy gold.
    It's a take on "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands!" right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Are North Korea actually a threat. I'm not being silly here because I don't really know an awful lot about them but I always get the impression that if they were to set off a nuclear missile it would fail and blow us on themselves or something. That's if they even have those missiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Feck up a step in that parade and it's 20 years hard labour for you and your family...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

So trump was all talk, nothing happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So trump was all talk, nothing happened.

Or did it?

Also pretty sure a fleet of warships still sailing that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Did anyone spot the bogey missles with wonky warheads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭jackboy

Are North Korea actually a threat. I'm not being silly here because I don't really know an awful lot about them but I always get the impression that if they were to set off a nuclear missile it would fail and blow us on themselves or something. That's if they even have those missiles?
    They have carried out nuclear tests but have no nuclear weapons yet. They will never be allowed to have nuclear weapons.

jackboy wrote: »
    They have carried out nuclear tests but have no nuclear weapons yet. They will never be allowed to have nuclear weapons.

No they have nuclear weapons just they don't have the capability to mount a nuclear weapon to a warhead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭jackboy

Gatling wrote: »
    No they have nuclear weapons just they don't have the capability to mount a nuclear weapon to a warhead

Do they have the capability to drop one from a plane? I'm not sure they could even achieve that.

jackboy wrote: »
    Do they have the capability to drop one from a plane? I'm not sure they could even achieve that.

No bombers I'm aware of they have an aging fleet of former Soviet Aircraft from mig15s to the mig 29s and a handful of transports , which in theory could be used to drop a nuclear weapon off a crate

Did anyone spot the bogey missles with wonky warheads

The whole collection looks like a small excerpt from Janes Military machines 1982. I'd say the fuel bill for that drive-past alone took a chunk out of their national coffers you could drive a T34 through.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

USA/RUSSIA held the world to ransom for decades, you're probably too young to remember so maybe you should Google the cold war and the nuclear arms race and spend the rest of the weekend educating yourself on that

I'm not young and I do recall. This isn't the same as that was the prospect of global thermonuclear war. This is isolated .
    How could they caim ANY missile launch ad an attack on the US? Where do you think should be nuked?

I'm sure the U.S. have ideas about where weeks be appropriate targets in NK. They also have form for this having dropped the A bomb.

NK had been firing missiles in the direction of the U.S. in an attempt to imperative the technology to the point of reaching the U.S. coast. It's a clear pattern, and I'd say that Kimmy will be happy if he succeeded even if it meant he would have to live in his fallout shelter.

Have a look at the attachment

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Have a look at the attachment
    Looks just like the boosters on the Thunderbird missile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Every time I see Kim he always looks drunk. Always swaying and sporting a wide "loving life" grin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

For some reason whenever I think of N.K. I always think of the movie "The Truman Show".
    If or when their great fraud of a leader is toppled and their population get to see the real world, I wonder how they will react when they realise all the B.S. they have been fed by their Almighty One all these years.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

Strategic Patience Has Become Strategic Passivity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I was half kind of expecting a MOAB to be drooped on Kim Jong's Parade at the weekend.
    Surely that would have been the time to take out Kim-jong-un and his whole regime + the military hardware/missiles + the army + his followers + everything connected to him!

...but they didn't.

LordSutch wrote: »
    I was half kind of expecting a MOAB to be drooped on Kim Jun's Parade at the weekend.
    Surely that would have been the time to take out Kim-jum-un and his whole regime + the military hardware/missiles + the army + his followers + everything connected to him!

...but they didn't.

you must be new to this world

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Apparently most of the missle wreckage fell into the yellow sea and has been recovered by south korea and the US ,

Is that the one all the Koreans pee into?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,314 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

They are a threat to South Korea. They have their real weapons in hardened bunkers in the mountains ready to rain down shells on Seoul if anyone tries to attack them.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

The problem isn't that they're a threat currently. It's that they insist on continuing nuclear tests which will eventually make them a huge threat. If Kim il dumbass just gave up on his nuclear ambitions, then the rest of the world would just ignore NK indefinitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

PREG1967 wrote: »
    LordSutch wrote: »
    I was half kind of expecting a MOAB to be drooped on Kim Jun's Parade at the weekend.
    Surely that would have been the time to take out Kim-jum-un and his whole regime + the military hardware/missiles + the army + his followers + everything connected to him!

...but they didn't.

you must be new to this world

Why?

Who knows what craziness Trump is capable of.

last chance saloon for NK, next time will be the last time-Pence

PREG1967 wrote: »
    last chance saloon for NK, next time will be the last time-Pence
    We hear similar claims each year and every year NK pull back, while at the same time inching forward.

NK have probably just moved another inch or so, what are out gonna do about it US?

• Advertisement

We hear similar claims each year and every year NK pull back, while at the same time inching forward.

NK have probably just moved another inch or so, what are out gonna do about it US?
    THAADilbe the last time Kim gets a missile into the sky

Advertisement