Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

PREG1967 wrote: »
    bilston wrote: »
    To a missile test?

Are missile tests even illegal?

tis

Didn't know that.

Either way the Americans won't be doing anything while Pence is in Seoul...unless the Donald wants a new VP already...but seriously I doubt this is grounds for an American military response.

The really significant thing is that the North Koreans are further thumbing their noses at the Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The U.S. should announce that any missile launch by NK will be regarded as an attack on the U.S. and will be responded with a nuclear response.

Iran is also attempting to build nuclear weapons, and while not a direct threat, the mage needs to be sent out that those type of countries should not be allowed to hold the world to ransom.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

archer22 wrote: »
    been conditioned to believe by western MSM and Hollywood.

NK is actually heaven on earth. The western media makes NK look bad because they are jealous of glorious leader and the Paradise he created. It is whispered by the clouds that one day the great and noble leader will take pity on the rest of the human race and will take upon himself the great burden of liberating everyone from the tyranny and evil of the outside world.

All I have learned is the average man in the street in Ireland knows feck all about North Korea other than what they have been conditioned to believe by western MSM and Hollywood.
    Some of us have more world experience that the average man in the street and actually know what we are talking about.

Think about the fanatical support the Japanese gave to the emperor in the closing stages of WWII and you''ll have some insight into the support the NK leadership expects of its citizens who have had a lifetime of indoctrination and "brainwashing".

Even the USA indulges in similar massaging of their citizen's egos (but to a far lesser extent) and Americans generally think they live in the best country in the world.

Eoin247 wrote: »
    NK is actually heaven on earth. The western media makes NK look bad because they are jealous of glorious leader and the Paradise he created. It is whispered by the clouds that one day the great and noble leader will take pity on the rest of the human race and will take upon himself the great burden of liberating everyone from the tyranny and evil of the outside world.
    Yes and the (general) population of NK actually believe that, mainly because they in the main have no alternative information, nor do they have access to such information.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

Pretty embarrassing for the North Koreans.

Some North Korean scientists/general whatever are going to get it now.

I have this image in my head of Kim force choking some poor general because they f****d up.

Could be completely fabricated by the west how are we supposed to know? That's the thing so much fake news around it's hard to know what to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Kim Jong considers his next move after recent Rocket Launch Failure

funny-picture-kim-jong-un-playing-with-star-wars-toys.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

I wonder if the US put a finger in the barrel! (sabotage)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

I wonder if the US put a finger in the barrel! (sabotage)

Cyber sabotage could be a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Should they not just bomb the bollocks out of it and put us out of our misery

21/25

While China seeks peace on the Korean peninsula and will try everything politically possible to achieve this...but this does not mean they will ever support American aggression against their neighbour.
    China has its own problems with American provocation both in the South China Sea and the American "pivot to Asia" which in plain language is ..containment of China by surrounding it with military bases.
    China has developed its DF-21D ballistic missile system for one purpose and one purpose only...TO SINK AMERICAN CARRIERS.
    The Chinese want peace...but its not peace at the price of humiliation like they suffered previously at the hands of foreigners.
    They remember well Whitey sailing up their rivers bombarding their cities and parking off their coast forcing them to smoke opium.
    They might not overly love Kim Jong Un but they will certainly support their North Korean neighbours against Whiteys new round of gunboat diplomacy ...thats a certainty.

I love how you start with China will not support the USA, and then you get into your stride about "whitey" and "opium" and in just a few lines you move to China will certainly support their North Korean neighbours...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,328 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The U.S. should announce that any missile launch by NK will be regarded as an attack on the U.S. and will be responded with a nuclear response.

Iran is also attempting to build nuclear weapons, and while not a direct threat, the mage needs to be sent out that those type of countries should not be allowed to hold the world to ransom.

'Murica

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

America needs to 'spread' more 'democracy'!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Pretty embarrassing for the North Koreans.

Some North Korean scientists/general whatever are going to get it now.

I have this image in my head of Kim force choking some poor general because they f****d up.

Can you people not see? This was orchestrated by the fat one. He is scared sh1tless of Trump.

Thank God for Trump. He actually has the balls to do what he says he will do, instead of constantly playing political chess. That MOAB he detonated last week was a direct message to ANYONE who hates America, that he will not tolerate their threats, nevermind their violence, any longer. Even Putin was all pally with him at the start, and now China, the only army in the world capable of beating the US, are breaking their silence and caling for peace.

What happened here is Kim blinked first. He knows Trump is the real deal. If he went ahead and tested that missile on Saturday, he knew he would not be alive on Sunday. Therefore, he didnt test it on Saturday. BUT, he cant be seen to NOT test it at all, so he did it there now, and IMO purposely made it fail. THat way, yes he tested the missile and gave 2 fingers to America and still looks like a brave leader to his people, but it was not enough of a provocation to bring American firepower to bear. Win/win for Kim, Trump, China, and humankind as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭XsApollo

It doesn't really matter if it failed or not , they will learn from it and have a better one next time, they are closer now to having one than they were before the test.
    See what trump does now , he said they better not do it , they did it, now it's up to trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭XsApollo

XsApollo wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter if it failed or not , they will learn from it and have a better one next time, they are closer now to having one than they were before the test.
    See what trump does now , he said they better not do it , they did it, now it's up to trump.

Just to add , if there is 1 war I'm in favour of its getting this lunatic out of there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

Can you people not see? This was orchestrated by the fat one. He is scared sh1tless of Trump.

Thank God for Trump. He actually has the balls to do what he says he will do, instead of constantly playing political chess. That MOAB he detonated last week was a direct message to ANYONE who hates America, that he will not tolerate their threats, nevermind their violence, any longer. Even Putin was all pally with him at the start, and now China, the only army in the world capable of beating the US, are breaking their silence and caling for peace.

What happened here is Kim blinked first. He knows Trump is the real deal. If he went ahead and tested that missile on Saturday, he knew he would not be alive on Sunday. Therefore, he didnt test it on Saturday. BUT, he cant be seen to NOT test it at all, so he did it there now, and IMO purposely made it fail. THat way, yes he tested the missile and gave 2 fingers to America and still looks like a brave leader to his people, but it was not enough of a provocation to bring American firepower to bear. Win/win for Kim, Trump, China, and humankind as a whole.
    more fantasy, most of their missile tests fail embarrassingly, do they also fail for the same reason you infer?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,460 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How could they caim ANY missile launch ad an attack on the US? Where do you think should be nuked?

USA/RUSSIA held the world to ransom for decades, you're probably too young to remember so maybe you should Google the cold war and the nuclear arms race and spend the rest of the weekend educating yourself on that

more fantasy, most of their missile tests fail embarrassingly, do they also fail for the same reason you infer?

Eh, why the aggression /insulting tone? Are you related to Kim?

I would say the fail / success rate is 50/50. But on THIS particular occasion, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, I would say it was done on purpose. The first clue of cracks showing being that he didnt go ahead with it when he said he would.

• Advertisement

. The first clue of cracks showing being that he didnt go ahead with it when he said he would.

He never actually said he would. It was all (correct) speculation prompted by the activity at the launch sites and the upcoming anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The first clue of cracks showing being that he didnt go ahead with it when he said he would.

When did he say he would? Was there a quote?

Eh, why the aggression /insulting tone? Are you related to Kim?

I would say the fail / success rate is 50/50. But on THIS particular occasion, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, I would say it was done on purpose. The first clue of cracks showing being that he didnt go ahead with it when he said he would.

wrong the Musudan which is their intermediate-range missile has a failure rate of 88 percent. Back to the books with you, perhaps you need to be more humble

wrong the Musudan which is their intermediate-range missile has a failure rate of 88 percent. Back to the books with you, perhaps you need to be more humble

I think its you who needs to be more humble. I didnt do / say anything to you to warrant nastiness. Can I not express my opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I think its you who needs to be more humble. I didnt do / say anything to you to warrant nastiness. Can I not express my opinion?

Some people, like Trump and Kim are just @ssholes with a superiority complex

fake news is no news thats all im saying, apology accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

The story about the missile test failure is possibly fake news, put out to give the american Tramp regime an excuse to back down.
    But anyhow even if it is not, failures are par for the course in missile development and every failure a stepping stone to success.
    Remember even Germany's world class scientists and engineers had years of failures before they got the V2 to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The story about the missile test failure is possibly fake news, put out to give the american Tramp regime an excuse to back down.

Yeahhhhhhhhhg, in going to say 'no'

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

Don't worry North Korea. It happens to every man at some point in his life :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Kim: No one tells us what to do, fire the missile!!!!!

*kabooomm**

Kim: what was that?

General Wang: The missile

Kim: it go up

General Wang: it go boom.....all over the launchpad.

Kim: awwwww not again, anyone see?

General Wang: the entire world

Kim: :( shoot some engineers

Advertisement