Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If they test another nuclear missile it is then a declaration of war.
    The declaration of war was at dawn on 25th June 1950. Please try to keep up.

Alpha_zero wrote: »

Also their is a possibility that China will support North Korea in a conflict.

Any 'support' for North Korea from China will be more a pretext to annex it rather than actually supporting its fight against the South and the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Everybody talking about NK having nuclear weapons. I just don't get it, what reason do NK have to nuke anyone. There threats are surely just propaganda for the puppets that follow him. Fuss over nothing. Leave him implode from within with further sanctions. The latest one from China by turning away their coal could be a game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

tbayers wrote: »
    Everybody talking about NK having nuclear weapons. I just don't get it, what reason do NK have to nuke anyone. There threats are surely just propaganda for the puppets that follow him. Fuss over nothing. Leave him implode from within with further sanctions. The latest one from China by turning away their coal could be a game changer.

Nuclear weaponry is a great way of leveraging foreign assistance. It would be one thing if the nuclear weaponry was limited to deployment in the event of a foreign invasion, but this is a tinpot dictatorship and what greater way of extracting money from your neighbours than threatening to destroy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Nuclear weaponry is a great way of leveraging foreign assistance. It would be one thing if the nuclear weaponry was limited to deployment in the event of a foreign invasion, but this is a tinpot dictatorship and what greater way of extracting money from your neighbours than threatening to destroy them.
    Big poker game so, I suppose who wants to call NK's bluff is the question. He must know any provocation will result in his death, there is mad then there is suicidal, I somehow doubt it is the latter.

• Advertisement

There is mad then there is suicidal, I somehow doubt it is the latter.

When you're the third of a line of people who can do no wrong, who have infinite wisdom, whose every utterance is written down.. you get to believe the myth yourself.... Its not suicidal, its delusional... and just as dangerous.

This is the guy (or maybe it was his father) who scored a hole in one on his first attempt at golf... at every hole!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

When you're the third of a line of people who can do no wrong, who have infinite wisdom, whose every utterance is written down.. you get to believe the myth yourself.... Its not suicidal, its delusional... and just as dangerous.

This is the guy (or maybe it was his father) who scored a hole in one on his first attempt at golf... at every hole!! :)

He single handedly won the last FIFA world cup smashing goal scoring records according to NK media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Yeah spot on.

When you start to believe Your Own cult of personality, you become convinced you can do no wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭Dubh Linn

I haven't heard about this missile test going ahead, is it? When would it most likely happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Dubh Linn wrote: »
    I haven't heard about this missile test going ahead, is it? When would it most likely happen?

The next time you go to the toilet. So don't go or you'll start the next world war

• Advertisement

Seriously, is it still going ahead or what. And when?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Nobody knows when anything is going to happen.

What? Will it happen tonight? Tomorrow perhaps? You must have some idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Or maybe it was like the Philippines president Duterte who promised during the election to jet ski out to one of the islands claimed by both his country and China if China did not hand it over.

When asked recently by reporters if he was going to keep his promise and jet ski out to it, his reply was..."Were you fools stupid enough to believe me when I said that!" :D

Well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Have an idea of what?
    If Kim Jong UN is going to launch a nuclear missile?
    How would I have an idea lol
    Don't think think anybody in the world knows except the man himself.

What was all this about the missile test today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

I texted Kim there. He'll answer in a minute.

:confused:

My simple question is: is it going ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Beyondgone wrote: »
    I texted Kim there. He'll answer in a minute.

:confused:

Well?.....what did he say?....is there a missile test?.....you must have some idea?......Well?.....someone tell me all the answers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Yes, and this time, for some odd reason, he has not said when.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Maybe

Right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

the US will certainly take the bait, the fake long range missiles are the same bait as Saddam's supposedly at the time fully functional supergun, nothing has changed, just a new dummy in the white house who will be told what to do, the other dummy in downing street is isolated globally and will tag along as she needs the other dummy as a friend, sigh get ready for the nuclear fallout in the chernobylesque rain showers :( folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

And it is indeed simple. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

I thought the parade was very impressive...lots of orderly disciplined well coordinated and fit looking people and some nice military kit :cool:.
    I would like to see Ireland try to match any of that...best we can hope for here is a few dopes waddling about :D

I had thought from most of the posters on here that it would be an endless procession of starved dressed in rags poor wretches carrying stone tipped spears dragging themselves down the street :rolleyes:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

PREG1967 wrote: »
    the US will certainly take the bait, the fake long range missiles are the same bait as Saddam's supposedly at the time fully functional supergun, nothing has changed, just a new dummy in the white house who will be told what to do, the other dummy in downing street is isolated globally and will tag along as she needs the other dummy as a friend, sigh get ready for the nuclear fallout in the chernobylesque rain showers :( folks

How do you know they are fake missiles?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

How do you know they are fake missiles?
    have you seen NK launch many of their 'long range ICBMs?'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭threeball

Mr Kim would like you to know that he has locked himself in a room full of easter eggs and does not intend to emerge until they are all gone. This will probably result in him having a tummy ache til Wednesday so all nuclear tests are on hold til then.

• Advertisement

It's been tomorrow in NK already for several hours. The special day was yesterday, the party's over.

Testing (missiles & Trump's patience) will happen another day, sometime soon.

Advertisement