Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    21st April release date about the only thing that wasn't leaked.
    Samsung is like a sieve.

That was leaked also :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Bixby was a serious anticlimax.

Oh wow I can ask it to take a screenshot but then I have to manually choose which contact and add text!!

Ground-breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I have concerns over the battery. I always tend to find with every Android release, the battery tends to get worse and I was never a fan of the curved displays to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I have Snapdragon 435 with 4,000mah battery and its hard to beat . Single charge lasts 24 hours .

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

All a bit gimmicky imo, plus all the accessories you need (vr headset, 360 camera, router, dex)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

markad1 wrote: »
    Three prices are up
    S8 + Bill pay €399 Prepay €899
    S8 Bill pay €299 Prepay €799

That's pretty much what was predicted. Hopefully Vodafone get their prices up soon also. That €299 is for new customers, so I wonder what it will be for existing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Toots wrote: »
    That's pretty much what was predicted. Hopefully Vodafone get their prices up soon also. That €299 is for new customers, so I wonder what it will be for existing.

New contract each time you sign back with them, so it'll be the same for everybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Like I won't the plus model but I really need to hold. One in my. Hand to see if it's way to bug.

As have a switch and the screen is 6.2 inches and if it's that's size f me it's big eg just the screen part

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I wonder when they'll have a working model in stores - will it only be after the Pre orders are out? I'd like to have a look at the plus and see is it outrageously big

• Advertisement

I wonder when they'll have a working model in stores - will it only be after the Pre orders are out? I'd like to have a look at the plus and see is it outrageously big

For scale, s8+ will be 4mm longer and 2mm narrower than a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6.

Vodafone prices are up now for the S8 it's it's €449.99 on the €40 per month plan, €249.99 on the €60 plan and free on the €80 per month plan. The S8+ is €549.99, €349.99 and €149.99 respectively.

For scale, s8+ will be 4mm longer and 2mm narrower than a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6.

So it's not that big then?. I am going to get a tape out when I get home from work haha to see how big it compare to a one plus three

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I'm considering getting the S8 on three. Just on live chat to them now. Will be interesting to see what they offer.

So it's not that big then?. I am going to get a tape out when I get home from work haha to see how big it compare to a one plus three

One+3 153mm x 75mm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I'm considering getting the S8 on three. Just on live chat to them now. Will be interesting to see what they offer.

299 @ 60 a month.

You'll get no offer off that shower.

tenner off on upgrades is all they do

For anyone with an s6 or 7, did Samsung remove the mount option for the SD card? No use having 256gb card if you can't put apps on it..

Since my phone updated, and lost the mount option, phone is full just from Spotify, with the card empty.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    299 @ 60 a month.

We'll see. Think I got a month free last time :)

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    299 @ 60 a month.

No go with 3 live chat. Going to give them a call and see if they can do anything. If not Vodafone looks promising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I just bought a one plus 3 the other day.

Want this now :D

Decisions decisions

One+3 153mm x 75mm

7mm longer than is very doable I think it's going to be a s8 edge plus need to pre order mine now on Vodafone I am looking at 350 I think get about 250 for my one plus so about 100 to upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Galaxy-S8-and-S8-official-battery-life-stats-are-in-a-mixed-bag-compared-to-the-S7-and-S7-edge_id92557

Why could they not improve on existing poor battery life ? Laughable really. Huge advancement right there.

medic087 wrote: »
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Galaxy-S8-and-S8-official-battery-life-stats-are-in-a-mixed-bag-compared-to-the-S7-and-S7-edge_id92557

Why could they not improve on existing poor battery life ? Laughable really. Huge advancement right there.

Think I'm gonna get the battery mod for my Moto Z, bump my battery to 4800mAh, and wait things out. Battery life is the constant thing that people ask for more of, and all we get is faster and easier ways to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Basil3 wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna get the battery mod for my Moto Z, bump my battery to 4800mAh, and wait things out. Battery life is the constant thing that people ask for more of, and all we get is faster and easier ways to charge.

Easier and faster ways to charge are nice but I prefer to not have to like you said. Samsung would have been better spent putting at least a 4000 mah battery in this phone.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

More Ram would've been nice. But Note 5 is getting on a bit, and a bigger screen would be nice. I'm probably sold on it.

Once i can be sure the battery isn't another dud. Sending that Note 7 back was a nightmare.

I'm being seduced by that massive screen... It'll all come down to price in the end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I'm being seduced by that massive screen... It'll all come down to price in the end though.
    How long does that usually take?

Just pre-ordered the 8 with 3

I was thinking buying it straight out. I'm on the 30 day at 30 quid a month at the mo.

But when you work out 24 X 60 euro & 299 for phone.

Then 24 x 30 & 799 phone only about 200 difference over 2 years, about 9 quid a month difference so just took the contract **** it.

Cant wait to get no calls or texts on my new phone :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Same here it's crazy money for a phone no matter what way we look at it.

The s8 is basically what an s8 Edge would be price wise and spec wise and they haven't released a 600 euro spec phone this time round which I would of liked the option of..... a flat screen with the tiny bezel at top and bottom and little bit smaller screen size would of been an excellent phone.

Advertisement