Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options
1727374757678»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

dougm1970 wrote: »
    i like to turn all animations off in developer settings....but on pie, when a call is incoming, the caller i.d. name / number is flicking really fast, it can be corrected by changing animations to 0.5.....is there a way to change the incoming call / caller i.d. screen completely....not a dialer app, but one that chages that screen ?

Is that related to the new caller Id and scam number blocker? I've noticed it to, but the ability to know the company's calling more than makes up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

i noticed if i get a text message while in an app, its just a round circle to indicate an incoming message rather than a pop up preview of the message.....is there a setting i can change ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Got the March patch today - 425MB and only states "The security of your device has been improved"

I was hoping they'd fixed dodgy media controls when the screen is off (Pause, FF, Rew often ignored from BT headphones or car). Or maybe it's Spotify that's causing my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

Im on Eir, got my S8 updated to Pie.

It's slower, the face unlock is way slower, apps no longer have badges to show notifications even though I toggled the setting, the force press for home screen is gone?

:(

Any one similar, any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,028 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I preferred the old split screen and switching between apps. Do feel my wifi has got worse since the update. Really not sure why hardware should be effected like that, maybe I should factory reset.

My mobile signal doesn't feel too good lately either but less inclined to blame that on the pie update

edit: force press still works, haven't notice any face unlock slowdown, badge notifications stiill work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Downloading the Eir (One UI for Pie) update here now total of 1219.34 MB needed :( and it brings the security patch up to 1 February 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭jones

jogdish wrote: »
    Im on Eir, got my S8 updated to Pie.

It's slower, the face unlock is way slower, apps no longer have badges to show notifications even though I toggled the setting, the force press for home screen is gone?

:(

Any one similar, any help?

Factory reset after a big update always better to have a "clean install"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Don't know if anyone else has this issue, but when using a bluetooth headphones and the screen is locked, if I stop the music via the headphones that works fine, but it wont resume. Even if I hit play on the lock screen itself, it wont plan until unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Don't know if anyone else has this issue, but when using a bluetooth headphones and the screen is locked, if I stop the music via the headphones that works fine, but it wont resume. Even if I hit play on the lock screen itself, it wont plan until unlocked.
    Got the March patch today - 425MB and only states "The security of your device has been improved"

I was hoping they'd fixed dodgy media controls when the screen is off (Pause, FF, Rew often ignored from BT headphones or car). Or maybe it's Spotify that's causing my problem.

Yup. Fair annoying. I'm not sure if it's suspending Spotify or not though. I've told it not to put the app to sleep when not in use but it quickly vanishes from the lock screen after only being paused a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Yup. Fair annoying. I'm not sure if it's suspending Spotify or not though. I've told it not to put the app to sleep when not in use but it quickly vanishes from the lock screen after only being paused a short time.

I've just installed the latest patch and restarted and so far its working as expected. but ill keep an eye on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

I'm getting this too but only recently

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads what the best case for this , had an otterbox for my old S7 but not sure what to get with this with the edge screen

Advertisement