Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Have to say, it is a cracking looking phone, and I've been looking forward to it coming out. But, the rumoured cost is putting me off. Half tempted to go for and S7, or the new Howaya P10 plus.

I should say, I'll be upgrading from a two amd a half year old Xperia Z3 (which I love) so any of the above will be a improvement.

More pics here

http://bgr.com/2017/03/01/galaxy-s8-leaked-images-specs-exclusive/

Unexpected bonus that I can cancel my 3 contact 7 months early due to their price increases, so at least have the option of the S8+ on a new contract instead of buying outright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Patww79 wrote:

Is usb c bad? I though they were trying to make it the new standard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Patww79 wrote:

Oh yeah and most people already have lots of standard usb leads already so no need for more

Patww79 wrote: »
    It's grand when you've the right cables but if you've the wrong one then it's bye bye device and warranty. There's loads of crap ones out there too. With micro USB you could just buy anything.

There's loads of crap micro USB cables out there, I've bought plenty of them. Just buy your USB-C cables from a reputable brand and you'll have no issues. I have multiple USB-C adapters and cables, and they're still as good as the day I got them. Micro USB cables all need replacing for me within about 6 months (I'm a heavy cable user).

USB-C is awesome, ridiculous how slow Sammy have been to adopt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Basil3 wrote: »
    More pics here

http://bgr.com/2017/03/01/galaxy-s8-leaked-images-specs-exclusive/

Unexpected bonus that I can cancel my 3 contact 7 months early due to their price increases, so at least have the option of the S8+ on a new contract instead of buying outright.

Check out the fingernails :eek:

• Advertisement

BArra wrote: »

Someone took care of that :pac:

C52KsXaUYAE8S_4.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

BArra wrote: »

I know disgusting! Did some farmer rob the prototype?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone on the S7 Edge thinking of upgrading? I love my S7 edge so i'll watch this with baited breath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

jones wrote: »
    Anyone on the S7 Edge thinking of upgrading? I love my S7 edge so i'll watch this with baited breath

I mentioned earlier in the thread that while my S7 Edge has been in for repair I've been using an old S4 and I have to say I much prefer the flat screen,
    It's only now I realise how many accidental screen presses I used to have on my S7 edge daily.

And it's nothing to do with the screen size it's just too hard to handle with one hand, I had the S6 edge plus before this and I don't remember having to think about my finger placements every time I picked it up but I do with the S7 edge.

I like the big screen and I've bought into the gear vr scene so Samsung haven't left someone like myself with any options.

I'll only truly know what way the S8 plus handles when I see it in store but until then I'm sticking with my S7 Edge .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I have a S6 and am considering a new phone. I was considering either the S7 (or edge version) but I will wait for the announcement of the S8 and see what they reveal!

I bet the S8 will cost a good bit on bill pay though :(

Vahevala wrote: »
    I have a S6 and am considering a new phone. I was considering either the S7 (or edge version) but I will wait for the announcement of the S8 and see what they reveal!

I bet the S8 will cost a good bit on bill pay though :(

I would say the used phone market is about to be flooding with S7's from all the people who are cancelling their 3 contracts and then taking out a new contract.

I'm 90% getting the S8+. The only other thing I'd get would be an HTC, but there's not even rumours about their latest flagship, so I'd say it's a long way away.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I would say the used phone market is about to be flooding with S7's from all the people who are cancelling their 3 contracts and then taking out a new contract.

I'm 90% getting the S8+. The only other thing I'd get would be an HTC, but there's not even rumours about their latest flagship, so I'd say it's a long way away.

I don't like to buy used phones really. I am one of those people who cancelled from 3 (but I have a S6) so I am tempted to see what Samsung come up with!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,724 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watching the build-up to the Liverpool game and an ad for Samsung just played which was all about their testing process/quality control!

Little nervous after the Note 7 disaster that they're trying to get the "we've learned our lesson!" message out before the S8 launches I reckon.

Here it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Does anyone go for two Sony phones in a row? I've had one, would not go back, few people i know think the same..

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Doubt my next phone will have a curved screen. It can get very annoying for people with fat hands like me. I'm eyeing up the Sony Xperia XZ Premium..

I really don't want a curved screen and I hear the speakers are poor on the S7 so I don't know what to do. :confused: I am just sick of having to constantly charge my S6 grrrr

I hate the design of the Xperia, I think the shape looks quite ugly.

Also these phones are getting so big and I have small hands :(

D0NNELLY wrote: »

Saw that earlier. Someone's head will roll for that :pac:

Reminds me of the HTC leak a year or two ago, where an employees kid got ahold of the phone and made a video, then put it on youtube. Funny stuff.

I reckon most leaks are by Samsung themselves. Hype and free advertising in one go.

Patww79 wrote: »

Fingerprint scanner is only really a backup. Iris scanner will be used most of the time.

• Advertisement

Advertisement