Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I never managed to get my hands on a Note 7 but will the iris work in landscape when it's in the car mount? Smart lock has some bug where it only works half the time on my S7 so sometimes I have to fingerprint it to unlock it for Android Auto. Pain when it's on the back as you'd have to take it out to do that if the iris doesn't.

Not sure, I always found smart lock with BT to be the most reliable. Will be interesting to see how that pans out

Release is apparently back to April 28th now according to Evan Blass. Low yields on the Snapdragon 835 and the Exynos they're going to be using.

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/838802701223931904

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20170302PD207.html

It was have a huge impact on other OEMs, as Samsung are first in line for the 835. You can see why LG brought out the G6, and HTC released the U phones. End of April isn't that far away, though.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Makes sense as I have seen photos of the s8 with the recents on the left and on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Had the Xperia 5 and would never go back to a Sony. Couldn't wait to get rid of it. Specs good on paper but a horrible phone all round IMHO.
    D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Does anyone go for two Sony phones in a row? I've had one, would not go back, few people i know think the same..

• Advertisement

Do you need root access to do that?

No, it should just be in the phone settings. HTC allow you to switch back and recent, and even add a 4th button which has a load of options for functionality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Launch is on 29/03. Received an invitation from Samsung yesterday, bought the S7 off them directly last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Had the Xperia 5 and would never go back to a Sony. Couldn't wait to get rid of it. Specs good on paper but a horrible phone all round IMHO.

Yup.

Once you go Sony you never go back (to Sony)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Launch is on 29/03. Received an invitation from Samsung yesterday, bought the S7 off them directly last year.

Don't confuse the launch with the release.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any word on the size of the battery?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

1000fps slomo video

http://shr.gs/qZ4akmZ :D

Looks nice.

I have a friend who beta tests for HTC in the US, so have seen images of the upcoming HTC 11. Looks like a no-go for me.

The S8+ would be a definite choice for me, but I'm going to try to stay strong and hold out for the Note at the end of the year.

• Advertisement

Yup, I think the Note will be something else this year. As you know, I've purchased another toy to keep me going until then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I thought the Note was being replaced by the S8 Plus?

Thought i read somewhere that Samsung were dropping the note line.. will have a look and post a link if i can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Thought i read somewhere that Samsung were dropping the note line.. will have a look and post a link if i can

There was alot of stipulation about that back in the middle of the **** storm, but ask yourself this, is Samsungs reputation really damaged by now? I would say no and I think plenty of people are going to hold out for the new note.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    There was alot of stipulation about that back in the middle of the **** storm, but ask yourself this, is Samsungs reputation really damaged by now? I would say no and I think plenty of people are going to hold out for the new note.

Almost every reviewer I follow rated it as the best device of last year (if you ignore that one minor issue :pac:)

sentient_6 wrote: »

Thought it was more recent than that, not sure..
    But yeah, Samsung rep wasn't hit badly. Looking forward to the 8. My company buying it is a nice bonus! :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement