Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Absolutely love the pics of the s8, now if only I can find a way to justify the probable price my s6 would be definitely upgraded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

I don't see anything in this new phone to make me think of trading in my S6 Edge which has one of the best phone cameras available.
    Have we reached a peak in phone technology?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Rodin wrote: »
    I don't see anything in this new phone to make me think of trading in my S6 Edge which has one of the best phone cameras available.

We kind of have and it's the same with computers as like only so much faster you can make the phone after all.

I had to use a iPhone 4s the other day and compare it to say my one plus three you realized how much phones have moved on in 6 years ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

There hasn't been anything major new on phones in nearly 4 years but for the looks alone and bigger screen for me id definitely upgrade. The s6 is still worth a bit second hand so that knocks a bit off the price :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Yeah, i think so. I reckon that's why they push vr and ip68 as if it's ground breaking..

Similar with tellys.. oh look at the slightly curved screen, slightly better resolution that your eyes can't detect, deepest of deep blacks... all for watching Wheeler Dealers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

D0NNELLY wrote:
    Thought it was more recent than that, not sure.. But yeah, Samsung rep wasn't hit badly. Looking forward to the 8. My company buying it is a nice bonus!

I need to move to your company lol

Bigger screen, better battery, expandable storage. All of those improvements aren't just minor, so well worth it.

Add to that the S6 won't get much more software support, and your warranty is almost up, makes it well worth the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am just not a fan of these curved displays but I know they sell more than the flat version. :(

I have a S6 as well (regular version though) but the flipping USB charging port went bang so getting repaired right now.

• Advertisement

Won't be able to watch today because of my work schedule. Don't expect I'll miss too much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I managed to break the screen on my S7 yesterday so hopefully there won't be a big delay in the release of the S8

I managed to break the screen on my S7 yesterday so hopefully there won't be a big delay in the release of the S8

Normally about a month after the launch

Samsung shop in pavilions aren't taking SIM free preorders..
    Neither are Vodafone with their locked s8's

Launch is 4pm on Samsung.ie

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I wonder when the various providers will have the prices for the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

I can't believe there's only a 3500 mah battery in the S8 plus. Unless that's a seriously efficient chipset, no sale from me. Hope it's a mistake in that early review. Was expecting 4000 at least.

Patww79 wrote: »

I see what you're saying but I find the s7 edge battery to be just ok. I was hoping for a big upgrade in battery life. Huawei can fit a 4000 mah battery in their mate 6. Be interesting to see if their is any improvement in the battery life from the s7 edge. Hope you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I know its not anything new today but im perplexed at the fingerprint sensor position, will there be a little lens cloth in the box for the camera which will end up destroyed in finger grease?!

OSI wrote: »
    That crap is rolled out with every release, and yet the battery life is still ****.

Agreed Samsung aren't taking any risks this time around. The S8 plus has a smaller battery than the s7 edge despite its screen being 6.2 rather than 5.5. It really is laughable. Don't care how efficient chipset is it still has to power a much bigger screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Three prices are up
    S8 + Bill pay €399 Prepay €899
    S8 Bill pay €299 Prepay €799

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I know its not anything new today but im perplexed at the fingerprint sensor position, will there be a little lens cloth in the box for the camera which will end up destroyed in finger grease?!

Didn't see the event, but isn't the iris scanner going to be the main unlock method? Was under the impression that the FPS wouldn't be used much.

• Advertisement

21st April release date about the only thing that wasn't leaked.
    Samsung is like a sieve.

Advertisement