Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

412mb update for me this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

i'd consider a note 8 over s9+

also..if you can get a google camera apk with potrait mode working from a pixel, than s8+ is value compared to s9+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Any of you know of anyone who has bought from there? Would the need for a 3 pin plug negate a chunk of the saving, as I presume it comes with a European plug.

Get a cheap adapter....no need to buy new charger....e.g.Travel Adapter US AU EU to UK Plug Travel Wall AC Power Adapter 250V 10A Electrical Power Plug Universal 1pc

Aliexpress cant post link...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I've had enough of this stupid blurred camera issue on my S8. Sending it back to Vodafone / FonFix to have it looked at. Have suffered with it for almost a year, so time to get it done while it's still in warranty.

Anyone else have the issue? Basically when launching the camera app (back camera), the picture is blurred. You have to shake the phone, or tap the back of it near the camera lens - and you can actually hear a little click and the camera refocuses. So damn annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I've had enough of this stupid blurred camera issue on my S8. Sending it back to Vodafone / FonFix to have it looked at. Have suffered with it for almost a year, so time to get it done while it's still in warranty.

Anyone else have the issue? Basically when launching the camera app (back camera), the picture is blurred. You have to shake the phone, or tap the back of it near the camera lens - and you can actually hear a little click and the camera refocuses. So damn annoying.

I notice mine is a little blurry at times and I have to restart it for it to refocus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Mr Velo wrote: »

Yeah happens mine the whole time. Normally just give the phone a shake and it sorts itself out. Only slightly frustrating compared to the charging issue.
    Really should get the finger out and send it back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Same here, But for the amount I use the camera, and the inconvenience of being without my phone for 2 weeks or so, I doubt I'll bother sending it back while the shake still sorts the issue,

What are the charging issues referred to here?

Edit: Just saw the post in which you refer to the issue a few pages back

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rkdub

I'm on crc7 and to be honest it's more or less identical performance and battery wise to when I was on nougat which is to say everything is fine with no issues. A factory reset would probably improve things but then I would expect it would of improve things(for a while) regardless of android version.

Same here. CRC7 on vodafone doing much better than crb7 and about the same, or slightly better than nougat. (without factory reset).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

so have many more people had this issue with the out of focus camera?

I'm planning to switch over to the S8 and I use the camera alot. Would prefer there wasnt major issues with that

Mine's working perfect, no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Cameras worked fine any time I've used it. Sometimes the notification bar doesn't pull down properly though. Fixes itself after a while though. Only fault I've so far found on an otherwise quality phone.

Cameras worked fine any time I've used it. Sometimes the notification bar doesn't pull down properly though. Fixes itself after a while though. Only fault I've so far found on an otherwise quality phone.

Have you tried the setting that you can swipe down anywhere on the home screen and the notification bar goes down? I'd be lost without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

rizzee wrote: »
    Have you tried the setting that you can swipe down anywhere on the home screen and the notification bar goes down? I'd be lost without it.

I haven't.

Settings > Display > Home Screen > Quick Open Notification Panel. Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

The S8 has now been reduced once again to €499 on amazon DE -
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XJ49G5B?language=en_GB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭D3V!L

tommycahir wrote: »
    The S8 has now been reduced once again to €499 on amazon DE -
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XJ49G5B?language=en_GB

Thanks for that :)

I was about to buy it from Virginmedia on contract. Is this the cheapest you can get it simfree these days ?

Just picked up an excellent quality clear hard case with raised corners half price at 7.49 in Tescos. Really good fit and feedback from the buttons too.

Just signed up to three’s business offer. €45+vat unltd text and calls with no charge on S8. Wasn’t far off what I was paying already so it’s the best deal I could find out there

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Just waiting to pull the trigger on 1 of these. Seems Amazon.es/.de is Best price at the minute approx €510.

I see some s8's advertised on Amazon saying doesn't include Samsung pay and others do. I thought all would have this included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Has anyone noticed their battery draining REALLY fast in the last few weeks... not so long ago I was getting a full day & more on a full charge, today it was at 24% by 11am, my usage hasn't changed!

unreg999 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed their battery draining REALLY fast in the last few weeks... not so long ago I was getting a full day & more on a full charge, today it was at 24% by 11am, my usage hasn't changed!

Nope, I'm a heavy user and have about 20 percent left after 13 or 14 hours. Have you the latest software installed? Do you do daily device maintenance checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Rizzee can you post up a pic of the box/ barcode for your tesco cover so I can ring around and see who has them. Thanks

On a separate note to anyone who bought via Amazon.de. Any issues with the phone, I take it the come sealed and new and they are genuine S8

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

rizzee wrote:
    Nope, I'm a heavy user and have about 20 percent left after 13 or 14 hours. Have you the latest software installed? Do you do daily device maintenance checks?

Yes had a software update around a month ago, constantly checking for background apps, putting to sleep, maintenance etc :(

I'm charging it 2 or 3 times a day at this rate :(

Had it plugged in and left home on 36% at around 4, home now at 6.25 on 13% barely used it....

There must be an app eating he battery in the background? Any new apps recently installed since you've noticed the problem?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Check the battery usage and see what percentage the bixby apps are using. For the first week after the update my battery was quick to drain and I found bixby to be the cause, which I've now disabled.

just gone from iphone to samsung. As its not something I do every day, its quite alot of work!

So I'll be annoying you lots with loads of stupid questions :)

first up, is there a way of taking photos in the square format? Mainly for use to upload to instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Just got an update 81.49MB in size for my S8+...with three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Just got an update 81.49MB in size for my S8+...with three.

me too...i always worry, because down through the years ive had a lot of updates that mess up battery life..only for a later update to rectify it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Has anyone here purchased the S8 from Amazon.de or .es? I'm very tempted, but want to make sure it's secure.

Advertisement