Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

Does anyone know how to download your live photos as videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Is the glass on the s8 really as fragile as people are saying please? Some places are saying if you drop this at all, even only a few inches of a drop, the screen will crack?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Is the glass on the s8 really as fragile as people are saying please? Some places are saying if you drop this at all, even only a few inches of a drop, the screen will crack?

They can be fragile, i dropped mine with a normal Samsung case on it. The back glass broke but I got a slightly used pristine genuine one off Ebay for around 13 quid.

Does anyone know how to download your live photos as videos?

Found a solution to this. Go into samsung's photo gallery browser. Long press any photo, start selecting as many as you want, tap share at the top, then by tapping "Share as Video file" it will convert all your photos to their live photos and save them to their gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

June security update is out on Eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've dropped mine about 50 times with a Spigen case and it's fine. Wife dropped hers more and she has no case, never a cracked screen or case. Most falls were onto wood floors from about a metre, but the odd concrete fall. You can just be unlucky and a small fall gets the wrong angle of the phone and it breaks. If that happens to be the first fall and your first Samsung you'd probably curse them and never get one again

Does anyone actually use the edge part? Sometimes I accidentally open that edge menu. Its useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

It can be easily disabled

Slide it open then click the settings cog down the bottom left

Then switch it off on the top of the settings screen

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Does anyone actually use the edge part? Sometimes I accidentally open that edge menu. Its useless.

Yeah, it's really useful. I love bixby too. I use it to search for my favourite things, like jar-jar, sprouts, joffery, ricks wife from walking dead, sandals with socks and a bit of piss dribbling out my dick when I put it back in my pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

I use it, find it very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Screen Sensitivity.

I'm one of the converted from iphone. Been using it a few days and its ok, still getting used to locations of things.

One thing, I find when I'm scrolling my thumb will click an item on the screen when I don't want it to, it can't really define whether you're scrolling or if you're clicking on something. Is there any way to reduce the screen sensitivity or is there any way around this?

jamesd wrote: »
    I use it, find it very handy.

For what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

For what?

For quick access to apps that I use quiet often, handy to swipe and have the few of them just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

June update on Three came out last week. Said something about camera stability but i haven't noticed anything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Is everyone who bought their phones outright sim free running their carrier CSC code or the BTU? For some reason the one i bought from Argos stuck on the BTU code.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭The Wife

Where’s the best place to buy a Sim free S8 at the moment please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

What's the best screen protector (that isn't a pain to put on) or a decent case?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

Just noticed a big scrape on my screen looks like key in kind of an L shape. Really surprised haven't had a scrape on a phone screen in years. So much for gorilla glass. It's about an inch long and all I can see is it now especially when the phone is off grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Looking for a screen protector that fits when I have my Spiegen case protector on.
    Ive had a couple before that get pushed up the minute my case goes on so really looking for a film or something like that.

If you know what I mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

JonnyM wrote: »
    Looking for a screen protector that fits when I have my Spiegen case protector on.
    Ive had a couple before that get pushed up the minute my case goes on so really looking for a film or something like that.

If you know what I mean...

Take my advice and get another case that will fit a tempered glass protector. I put a film on after my spigen lifted a few of the tempered glass ones I bought. Dropped the phone a few weeks later and cracked the screen. Ive no doubt a tempered glass protector would have saved it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I was watching a mainly white video earlier and have only now noticed how bad the screen burn is. I use dolphin browser and the dolphin logo is burnt in in the bottom middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Anybody recommend a good screen protector??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

JonnyM wrote: »
    Anybody recommend a good screen protector??

Otter box wallet case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Just got mine on an upgrade on Saturday, coming from an S6.

What an absolutely great upgrade. I've always skipped a generation but this time the jump is phenomenal.

I was looking at the s9, but friends still working for a few networks say there isn't a massive difference.

Gonna pick up some tempered glass on payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

What would be the best case in regards to drop protection please? Looking for one that has decent lips all around the screen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭shannonman81

I have this and I can't recommend it enough. It has a built in screen protector and the ports at the bottom are protected too.
    Only negative is that with the protection of the ports it can make plugging in charger and headphones a little awkward but it's a small price to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

I have been using Spigen cases for years now on my phones and find them very usable and offer good protwection as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sodabread

Convert to the S8 from iPhone 8 here. Strange at first but on balance I think its superior. Screen is amazing.

Also looking for a slimest of slim case and glass protector... dropped it last week. Screen wrecked and €255 in Vodafone for replacement. Ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

The Wife wrote: »
    Where’s the best place to buy a Sim free S8 at the moment please?

Looking for this myself. Just been checking the various amazon sites and it seems to be around €450 but the seller aint amazon so probably a no no.
    Any other deals out there?

Advertisement