Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Which network are you ?

I have a simfree s8+ i got from amazon germany..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Got the same update on Friday on Eir, they seem to be releasing the updates the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I have a simfree s8+ i got from amazon germany..

Ah it must be the CRC7 build you are after receiving. God knows when it will come to Vodafone. Any improvements or anything you noticed with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Ah it must be the CRC7 build you are after receiving. God knows when it will come to Vodafone. Any improvements or anything you noticed with it ?

the vodafone version is up on sammoblie if you know your way around odin (CRB7)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

the vodafone version is up on sammoblie if you know your way around odin (CRB7)

CRC7 is not available for Vodafone yet though.

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    On Eir myself and no sign of Oreo, nevermind the newer patch.

Yeah according to sammobile Eir is still on android 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Bought my phone in Germany, don't know if that would have anything to do with me receiving faster updates.

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Bought my phone in Germany, don't know if that would have anything to do with me receiving faster updates.

Yes they will come faster, generally phones sold sim free get updates direct from Samsung, where as those sold on a network, the updates need to be approved by the network first.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got the oreo update on weds and think it's draining my battery a lot of faster (even with location in battery saving mode, Bixby off and auto brightness on)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rkdub

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Got the oreo update on weds and think it's draining my battery a lot of faster (even with location in battery saving mode, Bixby off and auto brightness on)

Same here. S8 on Vodafone

• Advertisement

rkdub wrote: »
    Same here. S8 on Vodafone

What build number are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

Really? I'm the opposite. Feel like it's about 10% better. Vodafone / oreo update.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rkdub

Mr Velo wrote: »
    What build number are you on?

R16nw.g950fxxu1crb7

rkdub wrote: »
    R16nw.g950fxxu1crb7

By all accounts people are raving about the CRC7 update (which includes March Security update), but Vodafone haven't rolled out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I updated to Oreo weeks ago from the link siemoen posted. I'm sitll on 8.9.0 CRAP. No update available even though it's a simple free version of Oreo

Mr Velo wrote: »
    By all accounts people are raving about the CRC7 update (which includes March Security update), but Vodafone haven't rolled out yet.

Just got it a couple of minutes ago on Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

My battery is definitely better on Oreo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭jones

Three is CRB7 at the moment just tried to search for update again and nothing. Be interested in the fabled CRC7 for battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Checked for an update, never said what the update was but it's over a gig with eir. I assume it's Oreo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

OSI wrote: »
    It is yeah, just got same myself:

[IMG][/img]https://up.cduff.in/uploads/resized/825773636.png

Still nothing here. I wonder if I revert to Android 7, will it update to the crb7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

jones wrote: »
    Three is CRB7 at the moment just tried to search for update again and nothing. Be interested in the fabled CRC7 for battery life

I'm on crc7 and to be honest it's more or less identical performance and battery wise to when I was on nougat which is to say everything is fine with no issues. A factory reset would probably improve things but then I would expect it would of improve things(for a while) regardless of android version.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

So just broke the back glass on my s8.... anyone done similar on here. To be honest it seems very fragile phone dropped 4 inches from my pocket while sitting on an outdoor step.

I had no case silly me I know.

255 for a Samsung repair with car phone warehouse.... anyone tried a cheaper repair? Were u happy with the repair?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

So just broke the back glass on my s8.... anyone done similar on here. To be honest it seems very fragile phone dropped 4 inches from my pocket while sitting on an outdoor step.

I had no case silly me I know.

255 for a Samsung repair with car phone warehouse.... anyone tried a cheaper repair? Were u happy with the repair?
    For the back glass. That's mental.

Judging by username you could try fonez they're something's decent with prices

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

For the back glass. That's mental.

Judging by username you could try fonez they're something's decent with prices

Yeah was a lot more expensive that I was expecting... could understand the main screen costing this but not the back.

It's not a major crack so may not repair it and just pop it in a otter box flip case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭statto25

Yeah was a lot more expensive that I was expecting... could understand the main screen costing this but not the back.

It's not a major crack so may not repair it and just pop it in a otter box flip case

Fonez are charging €59 for a back glass repair

https://www.fonez.ie/collections/samsung-galaxy-s8-repairs

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Is it still worth buying one of these brand new? I'm able to get one from the UK VAT-free at a decent price.

My current phone is bolloxed and I don't fancy shelling out big money for an S9. I've read that it isn't a major improvement on the S8 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭jones

Definitely worth it. I am not upgrading to the S9 as my S8+ is still flying. If you can get a good price i'd jump on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

Is it still worth buying one of these brand new? I'm able to get one from the UK VAT-free at a decent price.

My current phone is bolloxed and I don't fancy shelling out big money for an S9. I've read that it isn't a major improvement on the S8 anyway.

Absolutely.

I was going to upgrade to the S9, but decided not to, mainly because:
    * It's essentially the exact same as the S8, but with a slightly better camera and slightly faster processor. Everything else is the same.

* It has bugs with calls dropping, and battery life draining.

Tbh, it reminds me of the iphone 7 / iphone 8, not much difference in either.

The S8 is a cracking phone, well worth the money it is selling for now, and will last you a good while. Its a lovely looking phone, it's fast, and its light. You won't do wrong, and given the price difference in both, I'd go for the S8/S8+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Helpful replies there lads, thanks.

I've also seen them on amazon.de/it, also fairly cheap.

Any of you know of anyone who has bought from there? Would the need for a 3 pin plug negate a chunk of the saving, as I presume it comes with a European plug.

Advertisement