Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

rizzee wrote: »
    Ah, thanks. I'll keep an eye on it so. I got mine from Adverts (new).

I bought mine from Vodafone and nothing yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Have Vodafone rolled out Oreo yet?

I read an article yesterday saying there was a delay due to a bug and that operators are only now testing oreo and it will be April before it's fully rolled out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lads ... whats the battery life like? s8 and s8+?

whats it like for daily use?... does it need a boost during the day?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Lads ... whats the battery life like? s8 and s8+?

whats it like for daily use?... does it need a boost during the day?

Mine will go 24hours and I'd be a heavy user, I use mine for work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Mine will go 24hours and I'd be a heavy user, I use mine for work

8 or 8+?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭dubrov

Definitely not the S8 anyway.
    You might get 16 hours moderate use.

S8+

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

S8 charge in the evening and usually 45% left following evening, marginally better than my previous S7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

Got the Oreo update last night (Vodafone). Haven't messed around with it yet.

Also; here's a link for €1.91c Glass protectors in various colours that are case-friendly.

• Advertisement

Got the Oreo update last night (Vodafone). Haven't messed around with it yet.

Also; here's a link for €1.91c Glass protectors in various colours that are case-friendly.

Mine is downloading now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Updated to Oreo, its noticeably quicker and more responsive for me. I had done a factory reset on Saturday so thats probably helped as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Bought an unlocked Samsung S8 from Amazon Germany and see it's not running Oreo yet. Assume the update isn't linked to any network or carrier as it's unlocked, so how can I get Oreo?

I'm using it with my Three simcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Bought an unlocked Samsung S8 from Amazon Germany and see it's not running Oreo yet. Assume the update isn't linked to any network or carrier as it's unlocked, so how can I get Oreo?

I'm using it with my Three simcard.

The unlocked ones from Germany got it quite a while ago, you could manually update it yourself via ODIN, it's not hard to do and the guide to do so is a couple pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Is it the CRAP or the CRB7 build that is OTA in Ireland? I flashed the former when it came out first and lost WiFi calling because of it. Was hoping the latter would fix the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

The unlocked ones from Germany got it quite a while ago, you could manually update it yourself via ODIN, it's not hard to do and the guide to do so is a couple pages back.

And it literally takes 15 mins to update :) I'm always impressed by the speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Still no sign of any update on my S8 on eir :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

V9 wrote: »
    Is it the CRAP or the CRB7 build that is OTA in Ireland? I flashed the former when it came out first and lost WiFi calling because of it. Was hoping the latter would fix the issue.

I have the CRAP version - but got that using the ODIN update method a month or so ago.

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I have the CRAP version - but got that using the ODIN update method a month or so ago.

Yeah there seems to be an update to the CRAP version (Non-Carrier German), but it doesn't seem to be available from the OTA update on the phone, only on SamMobile.

Might do the upgrade to it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Yeah there seems to be an update to the CRAP version (Non-Carrier German), but it doesn't seem to be available from the OTA update on the phone, only on SamMobile.

Might do the upgrade to it later.

Will there ever be an OTA update to the CRAP version?

• Advertisement

The new caller ID is cool. I would have a lot of businesses ringing my mobile for work and now their name comes up if I've not got the number saved. That's the biggest thing I've noticed so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Thanks for the reply, don't think I understand though - I'm not too keen on doing anything 'unofficial' with it as I literally just got the phone.

It's my first time ever with Android/Samsung though so I'm a bit confused - surely there'll be some 'official' way I can get Oreo? What do you mean when you say unlocked phones from Germany 'got it' a while ago?

Sorry if this is a bit basic, been googling but finding it confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Anyone using official clearview flip case ? How good is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

tommycahir wrote: »
    From the ask eir section on here.

The oreo update won't be released until after the S9 is launched so it'll be a few more weeks yet.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

tommycahir wrote: »
    Does Eir have their own specific firmware? Lot of phones in Ireland come with BTU firmware (UK sim free) even if you got the phone from network. And BTU haven't been released yet, always one of the last ones.

Edit: just checked and got the update. Downloading now. So to correct myself, BTU is out. :-)

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Will there ever be an OTA update to the CRAP version?

I can imagine so, however the newly released one isn't really much than a bug fix. I can imagine security updates and such will be released OTA.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I got the update on the Three network. Looks good so far, but my location based smart unlock isn't working. Anybody else have the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

delly wrote: »
    I got the update on the Three network. Looks good so far, but my location based smart unlock isn't working. Anybody else have the same issue?

Just noticed that now, same here. Vodafone.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just noticed that now, same here. Vodafone.

Okay, figured it out. I removed the location, then disabled smart lock in security -> other security settings -> trust agents. Then re-enable it and add the location again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Got promoted to download the update this morning around 6am (with VF)

some nice visual updates, haven't delved in to the functions too much so far, but the one that had caught my attention the most was the automatically connecting Wi-Fi one.

I assumed that this was going to disable and re-enable my Wi-Fi for me when I left the home or office.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it looks like the re-enabling is the only option available, and the phone won't auto disconnect?

Someone has it arse about face I think. Because for me, it's constantly forgetting to turn Wi-Fi off when I go out of the house or leave the office, and the phone lying on Wi-Fi trying to establish a connection that's the battery drained as far as I'm concerned.

Seldom times I've not returned home, lifted my phone to check an email or something and then re-enabled the Wi-Fi..

Advertisement