Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Ensure its sold by amazon and not a third party seller

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

chewed wrote:
    Has anyone here purchased the S8 from Amazon.de or .es? I'm very tempted, but want to make sure it's secure.

Yes...got s8+ from .de and its grand...sold by amazon...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

BArra wrote: »
    Ensure its sold by amazon and not a third party seller

I notice the price shoots up when you choose "sold by Amazon"! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

If its .de there is then slightly higher tax rate when you deliver to ireland, maybe 10-13e more?

Either way buy off amazon themselves, reliable.

I saw in the s8 german amazon page comments recently a LOT of people bought an s8 off a third party seller, what they got was an old nokia with no battery

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

chewed wrote: »
    I notice the price shoots up when you choose "sold by Amazon"! :eek:

Where's the option to choose sold by Amazon??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Does anyone who is with Vodafone use the hotspot on their phone for wifi?
    Is the data used taken from your plan or is it extra?

I can't get a reply from Vodafone and their new app doesn't inspire confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

It's taken from your plan. 100% (For me anyway - Student X Plan, i'm sure it would be the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

rizzee wrote: »
    It's taken from your plan. 100% (For me anyway - Student X Plan, i'm sure it would be the same)

Do you have to use some sort of vodafone.live.com setting?

Haven't touched any of the internet settings since I got the phone, it just worked straight away when I turned hotspot on andset my password to connect to my phone. I should mention the phone was bought sim free, not locked to Vodafone, if that makes a difference.

500mb+ update there for fix some bug issues. Vodafone.

• Advertisement

Does anyone use their phone without a cover? I've a lot of covers for it at home and using a clear hard cover, glass protector and back of phone carbon-style skin/protector from scratches (if it ever was out of the cover)

I've gone through about 7 or 8 glass protectors due to dust accumulation under it, no cracks, never dropped the phone.

It's a shame, it's a beauty I'd love to be able to use it without a cover - even though never dropped i'd be afraid I would within 5 minutes of it out of a case!

And all good? Dust/blockages etc? I'm pretty OCD about cleaning it, using compressed air every week on the holes and giving it a good wipe every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jones

Whatsapp acting a bit funny for people since the latest update? I've noticed it's freezing sometimes when you open a notification. Phone unusable for about twenty seconds... Very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

any of you ported the google camera app for portrait photos ? ...if so how do you like it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

dougm1970 wrote: »
    any of you ported the google camera app for portrait photos ? ...if so how do you like it ?

I do it.

Very buggy, barely works, only front camera ads the cool effect. Back camera rarely does.

Maybe there is a better version out by now? Hopefully someone can answer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Anybody recommend a hard case or book style cover for the s8??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

JonnyM wrote: »
    Anybody recommend a hard case or book style cover for the s8??

I've always used Spigen for my phones. They're generally well priced and never had any issues with them.

https://www.spigen.com/collections/galaxy-s8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

chewed wrote: »
    I've always used Spigen for my phones. They're generally well priced and never had any issues with them.

https://www.spigen.com/collections/galaxy-s8

I'm also using a spigen since getting the s8 in Jan and its one of the best cases I have had on any phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jones

Just received another ota update on s8+ from three last night. 180mb

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Da Optimist

tommycahir wrote: »
    The S8 has now been reduced once again to €499 on amazon DE -
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XJ49G5B?language=en_GB

It's now €470. Is this new or a refurb? Does it cost extra to deliver to republic of Ireland?

I want to buy but looks too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Unbranded phone from Amazon with Vodafone sim. Had a 570.24MB update on the 12th of May and phone has been a bit sluggish and when I unlock the screen from fingerprint, the bottom nav loads half a second faster than the rest of the screen.

Anyone else have this happening?

Unbranded phone from Amazon with Vodafone sim. Had a 570.24MB update on the 12th of May and phone has been a bit sluggish and when I unlock the screen from fingerprint, the bottom nav loads half a second faster than the rest of the screen.

Nope, mine has had no issues since that update last week (and before that too)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Cant say I have, best bet is to wipe the cache partition, worst case you could backup and factory reset. Try wipe the cache partition first though.

https://www.technobezz.com/wipe-cache-partition-samsung-galaxy-s8/

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

Since I got the phone I've been having issues with notifications not coming up for calender events, anyone else having this issue or any idea how to sort it?

Robin132 wrote: »
    Since I got the phone I've been having issues with notifications not coming up for calender events, anyone else having this issue or any idea how to sort it?

Settings > apps > calendar > notifications set to allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

Basil3 wrote: »
    Settings > apps > calendar > notifications set to allowed?

Yup, one of the first things I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

S8 on sale here for €461, anyone have any experience with buying from these guys and what would the downside be of buying an unlocked phone?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s8-g950fd-dual-sim-4g-64gb-sim-free-unlocked-with-screen-protector-for-samsung-galaxy-s8-curved-protection-film-maple-gold.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

mutley18 wrote: »
    S8 on sale here for €461, anyone have any experience with buying from these guys and what would the downside be of buying an unlocked phone?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s8-g950fd-dual-sim-4g-64gb-sim-free-unlocked-with-screen-protector-for-samsung-galaxy-s8-curved-protection-film-maple-gold.html

€455 from Amazon with free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

€455 from Amazon with free delivery

Link?

• Advertisement
Advertisement