Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Very Good Looking people have it easier in life

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

I really wanna see what everyone looks like :D

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    I really wanna see what everyone looks like :D

I'm a hottie!

I'm a little off color in that photo, mind.

Candie wrote: »
    I'm a hottie!

I'm a little off color in that photo, mind.

Be still my beating heart :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Wibbs wrote: »
    I don't see any issue with the age gap thang, if both are into it, but in general everyday terms outside of film stars, lead singers and tribal guys with a hundred head of fatted cattle and a fetching bone through the nose most guys(and gals) tend to hover around their own age when it comes to attraction, with a general skewing towards the woman being the younger to some degree. Big age gaps, like over ten, fifteen years are rare enough. To survive much beyond a flingette anyway. And I say that as a bloke who tended to end up in age gap relationships well above the average. I've haven't gone out with a woman "my own age" since I was 20.

As far as attraction goes; for me - and given my previous - I wouldn't "feel it" beyond a certain age gap TBH. And oddly(or not) it would be in the physical end. Me at 50 I can most certainly mentally gel with a woman of say 25, but in the physical not so much. At 35 I would have, but now, nope. I can appreciate why others might, but not for me TBH. Now my attraction point would be in the thirties.

Now if I was asked to respond to a survey question along the ones of: What age are women at their most attractive in general? Sure, yeah I'd probably say 20-25, but if the question was phrased: What age are women at their most attractive to you? I'd have a different answer. I'd have a different answer if I'd been asked when I was 15. Then I'd be thinking a 25 year old was an Oulwan(™). :D

I've gone out with women younger than me and found that they were immature (shock!)

So for me I tend to find women past the age of 30 more attractive at first sight. However I'm mainly attracted to their personality and especially intelligence so within 5 minutes of talking to them any initial attraction could disappear or attraction could appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

A lot of women are very against the idea of dating guys younger than them. Seen this first hand.

Everyone I meet is younger than me. I don't even plan it that way. Possibly because I never grew up.

• Advertisement

Everyone I meet is younger than me. I don't even plan it that way. Possibly because I never grew up.

There was one woman that was two years older than me and said she wasn't comfortable with it. Cmon like!

There was one woman that was two years older than me and said she wasn't comfortable with it. Cmon like!

Sounds a bit rich. Ditch her and move on.

Sounds a bit rich. Ditch her and move on.

Well she ditched me cos of it. The go to line is, I've done the younger thing.... So some immature tits have ruined it for the rest of us.

Well she ditched me cos of it. The go to line is, I've done the younger thing.... So some immature tits have ruined it for the rest of us.

Age is irrelevant, she just was treading deep water I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

some people look better in their 30s from a wellness perspective, start taking care of themselves and get into fitness, learn how to dress etc.

I feel more attractive now at 31 than I ever did in my 20s. mainly because im slimmer and that seems to suit my frame more, my face is smaller, i look better in clothes.

But i miss the smooth, baby-faced skin of my 20s - sun damage hasn't been my friend since i turned 30, i've started getting botox to deal with the wrinkles and i find generally my face was pretty, less tired and haggard looking in my 20s. i got away without wearing much makeup. id notice the same about acquaintance of my age - they just lookolder, even with the most diligent skincare and in the absence of wrinkles.

a lot of being attractive is about taking care of yourself tho, and being confident in your own skin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

tomthetank wrote: »
    id notice the same about acquaintance of my age - they just lookolder

I don't mean to sound smart - and I know that I will because of the tone of text but genuinely that's not the way it's meant....

Of course you're going to look older, as you get older. People rarely believe I am the age I am (not that I tell them, but I might have said something that gives away my age say), but I certainly look older than I did 10 years ago and I'll continue to look older as I get older. Don't get me wrong, I like looking younger than my years, but that's pure vanity.

My facebook over the past few days has been "reminding" me (thanks facebook) of how I looked 9 years ago. Yeh, I had smoother skin, and was a bit more babyfaced but sure that's how it works. Not a thing you can do about it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I don't mean to sound smart - and I know that I will because of the tone of text but genuinely that's not the way it's meant....

Of course you're going to look older, as you get older. People rarely believe I am the age I am (not that I tell them, but I might have said something that gives away my age say), but I certainly look older than I did 10 years ago and I'll continue to look older as I get older. Don't get me wrong, I like looking younger than my years, but that's pure vanity.

My facebook over the past few days has been "reminding" me (thanks facebook) of how I looked 9 years ago. Yeh, I had smoother skin, and was a bit more babyfaced but sure that's how it works. Not a thing you can do about it.

You don't look a day over 87 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Boom_Bap wrote: »

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Whoopsie is a Cylon. I call her "Boards Six". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

I guess there's this pervasive message around us that age (or moreso youth) is intrinsically linked to beauty and i think especially for women that can be a tough one to digest. it's why turning 30/35/40 can be a complete nightmare for people, and we fight to the death against this notion that we're "passed it" or the "glory days" are behind us or that we actually may in fact *horror of all horrors* look our actual age.

maybe because an entire multi million pound industry relies upon us feeling like we need to fight ageing to the death and at all costs.

Ageing hasn't really worked its way into the script yet when it comes to women and beauty like it has with men. we don't really have a George Clooney silver fox equivalent to aspire to. Maybe Helen mirren I guess. i just think that rhetoric that you can get more beautiful or even that you can BE beautiful as you age isn't as common for women.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Sunscreen is really important when it comes to signs of ageing. I wear an spf 50 everyday, sun or no sun.

That's not a statement of fact, merely an opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    That's not a statement of fact, merely an opinion

What? SPF along with high doses of Vit. A topically are the only ways to slow and reverse skin aging. Thats a fact not an opinion.

I think I'm just going from personal experience. I have never been. They seem to have a healthier lifestyle though. I agree with the tonnes of make up generated by TV shows like Geordie Shore which is a complete disaster. I wear fake tan but no make up. I hate that fake look and I don't know how fake nails ever got so popular, they are pure rank.

Isn't it hard to hate the fake look, while wearing fake tan!

Parchment wrote: »
    What? SPF along with high doses of Vit. A topically are the only ways to slow and reverse skin aging. Thats a fact not an opinion.

Sunscreen provides protection from the harmful UV rays from the sun, it's not sourced at the fountain of youth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Based on the daydreams and fantasies I've had involving Kelly Brooke, If she ever heard them, She may wish she wasn't as good looking as she is.

Unless of course she'd want me to act out some of this utter depravity then she's a real champion in my eyes.

Like everything else in life there's a price to be paid for being really good looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I generally look about 10 years younger than I am but part of it is how I take care of myself. I started losing hair in my 20's so I shaved it all off (I now look like Richard O'Brien). Because of shaving you can't see the hair loss or the fact that most of it turned grey in my 20's.

Strange thing is that I look nearly exactly the same as did in my facebook photo's 10 years ago.

Sunscreen provides protection from the harmful UV rays from the sun, it's not sourced at the fountain of youth.

Did you read my post ? it slows and reverse the signs of aging which are mostly caused by UV damage......like you said by protecting the skin.This is how it works. Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Bubble bursting time. :D

When most people tell you "you look this age" in all honesty its just them being polite. Whenever I hear the "what age is such and such a person", I usually subtract 5-10 years on what I actually think it is; depending on the person's health situation/appearance. No one likes to hear they look their age/might look older.

Most people very much do look their age tbh.

Did you read my post ? it slows and reverse the signs of aging which are mostly caused by UV damage......like you said by protecting the skin.This is how it works. Think about it.

It does not reverse the signs of ageing nothing does, which is a natural and biological process. Sunscreen needs to be used in specific climates.

Bubble bursting time. :D

When most people tell you "you look this age" in all honesty its just them being polite. Whenever I hear the "what age is such and such a person", I usually subtract 5-10 years on what I actually think it is; depending on the person's health situation/appearance. No one likes to hear they look their age/might look older.

Most people very much do look their age tbh.

Whenever a girl asks i will deliberately guess 5 years younger than i think she is. Or if she says a certain age, i will stay i would have thought younger.

It does not reverse the signs of ageing nothing does, which is a natural and biological process. Sunscreen needs to be used in specific climates.

It actually does - say you have a sun spot and you cover it with sunscreen...its protected and the skin can repair itself while protected by the spf.

If used in conjunction with high doses of Vit. A in the form of retinol , retinaldehyde and tretinoin which can be applied topically - you have yourself an excellent anti aging cocktail. Nothing else has been scientifically proven to work. Moisturizers just plump the skin

This article illustrates my point further - protecting your skin from uv rays IS anti-aging :
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2012/jun/05/face-shows-damage-from-sun

It actually does - say you have a sun spot and you cover it with sunscreen...its protected and the skin can repair itself while protected by the spf.

If used in conjunction with high doses of Vit. A in the form of retinol , retinaldehyde and tretinoin which can be applied topically - you have yourself an excellent anti aging cocktail. Nothing else has been scientifically proven to work. Moisturizers just plump the skin

This article illustrates my point further - protecting your skin from uv rays IS anti-aging :
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2012/jun/05/face-shows-damage-from-sun

Again ageing is a natural biological process and there is nothing that can be done to stop or reverse it. Anti ageing is a extremely effective marketing technique. Sun Protection is warranted in a climate that demands it.

Again ageing is a natural biological process and there is nothing that can be done to stop or reverse it. Anti ageing is a extremely effective marketing technique. Sun Protection is warranted in a climate that demands it.

We were talking about skin ageing - thats what i am addressing.

Retin A/Vit. A:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583892/

Sunscreen/SPF topically applied:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3266803/

We were talking about skin ageing - thats what i am addressing.

Retin A/Vit. A:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583892/

Sunscreen/SPF topically applied:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3266803/

Ok great you must look 10/15 years younger than you are.

• Advertisement

Ok great you must look 10/15 years younger than you are.

Well science works!

Advertisement