Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Very Good Looking people have it easier in life

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

When I was young and attractive I used to walk into clubs free and never got charged. I used to just chance my arm. My friend was a bit of a minger and tried to copy me and she got hauled out screaming by the bouncers. Bit of a laugh now looking back. I think it's cos I was so thin and small at the time, about a size 6-8, nobody noticed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Going on myself and my friends and relatives and people around in general I don't think we age any better or worse than any other nations
    Same here - well to a point. I think certain nations are overall better-looking but I don't buy into this pathological need to put ourselves down either.

The people who look wrecked prematurely are the minority from what I observe. Depends on other factors too (e.g. socio-economic class).

As a nation we are getting much healthier too - there are countless exercise events and clubs, and a bigger variety than ever of healthy foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Flimpson wrote: »
    Same here - well to a point. I think certain nations are overall better-looking but I don't buy into this pathological need to put ourselves down either.

The people who look wrecked prematurely are the minority from what I observe. Depends on other factors too (e.g. socio-economic class).

As a nation we are getting much healthier too - there are countless exercise events and clubs, and a bigger variety than ever of healthy foods.

Unfortunately as a nation and as a planet we are doing anything but getting healthier

Scandinavians are a wholly better looking race. You put a good looking Irish woman next to those lookers and they look awful. They are also very open with their sexuality and their bodies.

Scandinavians are a wholly better looking race. You put a good looking Irish woman next to those lookers and they look awful. They are also very open with their sexuality and their bodies.

Have you actually been to Scandinavia? Because I have and I know a lot of Scandinavians personally I think there is almost no difference in attractiveness between them and other europeans incl the Irish ,despite their reputation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Ah I don't agree with that. I've seen some stunning women from Scandinavia but there are some stunning women from Ireland too! Have also seen absolute wrecks from both necks of the wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

I think we've adapted this reality TV thing where the fake tan fake hair fake nails ten tonnes of makeup look is all the rage - other European countries like France, Spain, Scandinavia don't buy into it at all and they're far more natural and fresh faced as a result imo.

I think irish women can be stunning - I love that celtic look with the pale skin, dark hair, bright eyes - but it's rare to see someone stripped down and just owning that look, at least in the major cities anyway. tis worse in the UK though, that look is all over the place.

tomthetank wrote: »
    I think we've adapted this reality TV thing where the fake tan fake hair fake nails ten tonnes of makeup look is all the rage - other European countries like France, Spain, Scandinavia don't buy into it at all and they're far more natural and fresh faced as a result imo.

I think irish women can be stunning - I love that celtic look with the pale skin, dark hair, bright eyes - but it's rare to see someone stripped down and just owning that look, at least in the major cities anyway. tis worse in the UK though, that look is all over the place.

Most irish women tend to ditch that look by their early to mid twenties. All my female friends did. I did too. Red hair, pale, blue eyed and freckled now.

I think I'm just going from personal experience. I have never been. They seem to have a healthier lifestyle though. I agree with the tonnes of make up generated by TV shows like Geordie Shore which is a complete disaster. I wear fake tan but no make up. I hate that fake look and I don't know how fake nails ever got so popular, they are pure rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Am not a fan of fake nails on a woman at all. A well painted (or non painted) normal set of nails are far sexier.

• Advertisement

I think I'm just going from personal experience. I have never been. They seem to have a healthier lifestyle though. I agree with the tonnes of make up generated by TV shows like Geordie Shore which is a complete disaster. I wear fake tan but no make up. I hate that fake look and I don't know how fake nails ever got so popular, they are pure rank.

Yeh I don't get them. Cant say Ive ever been attracted to somebody because of their fingernails..so all they do is make you look overly done up and completely fake

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    Am not a fan of fake nails on a woman at all. A well painted (or non painted) normal set of nails are far sexier.

I like killer red but it's an awful pain to get rid of the morning after. I've never had a manicure or had fake nails. I couldn't clean or anything with them. I don't know how women go around with long nails managing stuff.

I like killer red but it's an awful pain to get rid of the morning after. I've never had a manicure or had fake nails. I couldn't clean or anything with them. I don't know how women go around with long nails managing stuff.

Red or black is my fav on a woman. So daymn sexy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Booty is in the hands of the bee keeper.

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    Red or black is my fav on a woman. So daymn sexy :)

I've a red bag to match my exact red nails but I don't know if any guy I dated actually noticed. It depends on what job you're doing too, my nails are naturally long from non manual labour so I suppose people who don't scrub walls for a living would have better nails. Then I had a guy say to me that they first thing they look at is a person's nails. I couldn't believe that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Beauty fades
    Some people can be stunning and then age poorly
    '' nothing says the same''

I've a red bag to match my exact red nails but I don't know if any guy I dated actually noticed. It depends on what job you're doing too, my nails are naturally long from non manual labour so I suppose people who don't scrub walls for a living would have better nails. Then I had a guy say to me that they first thing they look at is a person's nails. I couldn't believe that at all.

I'd be very observant so I would defo notice nails on a woman. A nice set of nails is always a plus in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

I have always had it easier in the ladies department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

I have always had it easier in the ladies department.
    Lingerie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Got lost there once. I still find it hard to talk about :(

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Got lost there once. I still find it hard to talk about :(

Was it the largest lingerie department in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Wondered how long the irish women slagging would take. And by an irish woman too!

ligerdub wrote: »
    I think it's rather negative to say that it's tough for them because they get unwanted attention. Unwanted attention is part of the deal to be part of the deal where you get the attention you genuinely want. The burden of those making a choice.

Have to agree with this. And I'm not talking harassment levels obviously.

I, like most women, get approached a fair amount when out. Men and women both go out to "pull" (not all, and not always) so it's reasonable to expect to be chatted up if in a pub/bar. You can't then decide that the hot men chatting you up are grand but the ones you're not attracted to are giving you unwanted attention.

And it's very mild in Ireland. In Italy men will hang out of their car windows to tell you they think think you're a beautiful. In the states I've had men and women walk right up to me in the street or in shops.

Now I know it's not all as black and white as that and I know sometimes men can be creepy about it but I'm not talking extremes.

Do good looking people have an easier life? In certain situations then it will be an advantage of course. Bad sh*t still happens to good looking folk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,018 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

The whole point of long nails is to signal that you don't do manual labour or cleaning. Think WAGs

The whole point of long nails is to signal that you don't do manual labour or cleaning. Think WAGs

How do WAGS find their footballing husbands sweet spot then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Well that's put me right off me porridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,018 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

How do WAGS find their footballing husbands sweet spot then?

Their mistresses do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

This is all pathetic. People don't automatically have easier or better lives cos of their looks and honestly it reads like jealousy off of people who feel they're somewhat hard done by.

I've a friend who is stunning and gets a lot of attention. Her life isn't easier. She has been assaulted, catcalled, sexually harassed in work, not treated as seriously as her colleagues cos she's 'just a pretty face' etc, and all because she's good looking. Gimme a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

Wondered how long the irish women slagging would take. And by an irish woman too!

who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

This is all pathetic. People don't automatically have easier or better lives cos of their looks and honestly it reads like jealousy off of people who feel they're somewhat hard done by.

I've a friend who is stunning and gets a lot of attention. Her life isn't easier. She has been assaulted, catcalled, sexually harassed in work, not treated as seriously as her colleagues cos she's 'just a pretty face' etc, and all because she's good looking. Gimme a break.

As I said, it's probably more advantageous for men than women.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Beauty fades
    Some people can be stunning and then age poorly
    '' nothing says the same''
    Sure enough, though I found this notion most often trotted out as a consolation prize. Plus yes people age and some can age very badly, but generally speaking good looking 20 year olds tend to make good looking 40 year olds. Or at least more than their frumpier peers at either age. Indeed the very Carly Simon who sang the song you quoted was 40 odd in that video. She was(individual tastes aside of course) a very attractive 20 year old and she remained that way for decades. Hell she looks pretty good for a woman now in her 70's.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement