Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Very Good Looking people have it easier in life

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

As if certain Boardsies heads needed to get any bigger :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Parchment wrote: »
    Well science works!

Of course it does, you have defied the ageing process and look 10/15 years younger, cause you have used all those vitamins/products in the sources you cited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    Whenever a girl asks i will deliberately guess 5 years younger than i think she is. Or if she says a certain age, i will stay i would have thought younger.

I'd never ever ask someone what age they think I am.

There's one very nice man who I thought was older than me, and he thought I was younger him, he was 29 at the time and I was 34! Whoops :P;)

Dug out my FB profile pic from 9 years ago (pic on left) and the pic on the right is from a couple of days ago (I was wearing penguin pyjamas and had to send a pic to my penguin loving friend - hence the selfie :P). I genuinely don't think I look that much older now. And I wouldn't be one for taking a lot of care of my skin, though I do wear SPF. Maybe I just looked much older back then though which is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

There's one very nice man who I thought was older than me, and he thought I was younger him, he was 29 at the time and I was 34! Whoops :P;)

Dug out my FB profile pic from 9 years ago (pic on left) and the pic on the right is from a couple of days ago (I was wearing penguin pyjamas and had to send a pic to my penguin loving friend - hence the selfie :P). I genuinely don't think I look that much older now. And I wouldn't be one for taking a lot of care of my skin, though I do wear SPF. Maybe I just looked much older back then though which is fair enough.

You look a lot younger now, somehow. Nice complexion.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Dug out my FB profile pic from 9 years ago (pic on left) and the pic on the right is from a couple of days ago

You look much better since the operation to remove your cojoined twin

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    You look a lot younger now, somehow. Nice complexion.

Hmmm, no I definitely don't there are wrinkles in my forehead now that probably aren't showing up as well in that pic but are most certainly there.

Photography is all about optimal lighting, and even the technology used to capture a photograph, i'm guessing would have significantly over the course of 9 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Hmmm, no I definitely don't there are wrinkles in my forehead now that probably aren't showing up as well in that pic but are most certainly there.

Maybe it's me, but I notice some quite stunning women of about 45-50 who would be considered "wrinkly" by their 20-something counterparts, but their faces have wonderful character and are very attractive.

Photography is all about optimal lighting, and even the technology used to capture a photograph, i'm guessing would have changed radically over the course of 9 years.

Absolutely, the first picture was taken on a digital camera, the second on an iphone 6 so it will most certainly be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Again ageing is a natural biological process and there is nothing that can be done to stop or reverse it. Anti ageing is a extremely effective marketing technique. Sun Protection is warranted in a climate that demands it.

For humans it isn't but for mice it is. And possibly soon for humans too.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/dec/15/ageing-process-may-be-reversible-scientists-claim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

You look about 12 :p

Love the pjs

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    You look about 12 :p

Love the pjs

I cant see any pics there, do I need facebook or something?
    I'm just intrigued now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Isn't it hard to hate the fake look, while wearing fake tan!

Grumpy!
    I missed all the pictures again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

rusty cole wrote: »
    I cant see any pics there, do I need facebook or something?
    I'm just intrigued now ;)

Well, you can't just expect her to hang around all day, can you? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Ah I didn't get to see whoopsadoodles pics :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

tomthetank wrote: »
    I guess there's this pervasive message around us that age (or moreso youth) is intrinsically linked to beauty and i think especially for women that can be a tough one to digest. it's why turning 30/35/40 can be a complete nightmare for people, and we fight to the death against this notion that we're "passed it" or the "glory days" are behind us or that we actually may in fact *horror of all horrors* look our actual age.

maybe because an entire multi million pound industry relies upon us feeling like we need to fight ageing to the death and at all costs.

Ageing hasn't really worked its way into the script yet when it comes to women and beauty like it has with men. we don't really have a George Clooney silver fox equivalent to aspire to. Maybe Helen mirren I guess. i just think that rhetoric that you can get more beautiful or even that you can BE beautiful as you age isn't as common for women.
    I think women should stop letting this stuff get them down though (and kinda contributing to it tbh; aiding and abetting it) - it's a self fulfilling prophecy at times. A woman thinking she's not as attractive because she's a certain age when she looks great and wouldnt even question this if it weren't for the calendar year.

Some people do of course get haggard earlier (sun worshipping exacerbates this) but so many women really don't look the advanced age they're "supposed to".

There are preconceptions and then there is the reality.
    Bubble bursting time. :D

When most people tell you "you look this age" in all honesty its just them being polite. Whenever I hear the "what age is such and such a person", I usually subtract 5-10 years on what I actually think it is; depending on the person's health situation/appearance. No one likes to hear they look their age/might look older.

Most people very much do look their age tbh.
    But how do you know what most people think? And why would someone bother going to the trouble of telling someone they look a particular age (when it's a complete lie) just out of politeness when all they have to say is "You look great"?
    Any time I say it or others whom I know say it, it's actually very sincere - it literally means they look way younger than one would expect for their age (wherever we get these notions as to what particular ages look like - I guess maybe our parents' generation?)

"You look great" is a compliment that's likely to be less sincere and just said out of politeness. If anything, when a person does not look good but does look much younger, that's a handy fallback to replace an insincere "You look fab hon".

Edit: oh you mean when people ask what age you think they are. Yeah I'd subtract a few years all right, but people don't tend to ask that question.

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    Ah I didn't get to see whoopsadoodles pics :(

you'll find her name in any temple bar toilet, c/w phone number! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,355 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Right, which is why I said most guys past 40 can't usually pull a girl from 20-25. Maybe you'll be an outlier and will skirt the odds into your 50s and beyond!

They would have nothing in common anyway, the conversation would die fairly quickly IMO.

rusty cole wrote: »
    you'll find her name in any temple bar toilet, c/w phone number! :D

That's your ma's number.

Just uses my pic to get calls.

That's your ma's number.

Just uses my pic to get calls.

makes sense alright , My ma was getting a lot of calls from people congratulating on her/his transition... "you look great", "gosh you'd never guess" and the likes :)

• Advertisement

Grumpy!
    I missed all the pictures again.
    Where your picture, i love a nicely bronzed lady

Where your picture, i love a nicely bronzed lady

I wouldn't want to get you overly excited.

I wouldn't want to get you overly excited.
    I am in need of some excitment

2561cc8f31f881b60c5de954fd0ddb9e.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

D'you want any pegs, Dave?

2561cc8f31f881b60c5de954fd0ddb9e.jpg

Just as i imagined wow!!

Just as i imagined wow!!

Wanna hook up?

Wanna hook up?

Hell yeah! Your are more beautiful than i though possible. i have a reason to visit Dublin now

Hell yeah! Your are more beautiful than i though possible. i have a reason to visit Dublin now

I don't even live in Dublin.

• Advertisement

I don't even live in Dublin.
    I didn't mean Dublin, i meant wherever you live.

Advertisement