Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Very Good Looking people have it easier in life

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭HughWotMVIII

Scandinavians are a wholly better looking race. You put a good looking Irish woman next to those lookers and they look awful. They are also very open with their sexuality and their bodies.

This is one of those statements that reminds me how subjective beauty is. I've always found Irish people to be far far more attractive than Scandinavians. I love the pale Irish skin, the red hair and and the dark and pale combination that happens sometimes.

The Nordic look on the other hand does absolutely nothing for me. I find the majority of them so incredibly boring looking.

I am African though, so my beauty ideals are likely dissimilar to the average European's ideals. Still, it's definitely true that one's meat is another man's poison.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Hans_Memling

They do, absolutely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 purple_432

While they're certainly not immune to the different stresses of life, they certainly have it easier in the dating game. It's been proven that good looking people have more ONS and relationships than less attractive/average folk. I think this is what the OP may have been alluding to in their original post.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I love seeing hot people having a hard time, but it happens far too rarely. Definitely get n easy ride in every aspect of life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Up to a point, its probably easier, but at the top end, it can become a liability.Look at Rob Lowe's career and how is was hampered by being just too goddam pretty.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I don't even remember posting in this thread..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

No People with a GSOH get all the breaks apparently according to everyone who has lied when asked what attracts you to another person. If true why are comedians so depressed in private.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Off course its easier when your good looking
    This may not last as you age, but in your early thirties and down its 100% easier

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Hung like a donkey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

• Registered Users Posts: 46 madwidow

irishman86 wrote: »
    Off course its easier when your good looking
    This may not last as you age, but in your early thirties and down its 100% easier

Theres always a doctor that can help after you hit your "prime"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Weirdoes, jealousy and unwelcome unwanted attention - not ideal.
    Being good looking is definitely beneficial. Being very good looking might not be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

What's the outfit change nonsense about? Is she trying to suggest that people don't think she's beautiful just because she wears a long skirt and jumper? :confused:

Definitely easier. But who'd want to play life on easy mode?

(me)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Do Very Good Looking people have it easier in life?

of course they do.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 inspector frost

They do have it easier when it comes dating/ attracting people. It's always going to be much easier to attract the Margot Robbie's of this world if you're a Rob Kearney lookalike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

madwidow wrote: »
    Theres always a doctor that can help after you hit your "prime"

Im not a fan of the plastic look myself

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Definitely easier for good looking people

Rightly so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

They do have it easier when it comes dating/ attracting people. It's always going to be much easier to attract the Margot Robbie's of this world if you're a Rob Kearney lookalike.
    Not as straightforward as you'd think. Very good looking women tend to go for a certain type of guy, not necessarily exceptionally good looking ones. Personally I tended to punch above my weight and found that the women who were most interested in me were often very good looking. Dunno why. I was never inclined to show off to women, or get into pissing contests with other guys, so maybe that was something to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm not so sure they do.

I've a good friend who is a stunner - she's tall, with blond, naturally curly hair, big blue eyes, lovely face, and really good figure. We used to work together for a while, and while she was easily as qualified as I was for the job we were doing, many people took one look at her and assumed she was a bit of a bimbo. There was a noticeable difference between how people talked to her, compared to how they talked to her. Some really went out of their way to slow down their speech and dumb down their language when addressing her. Sometimes it was rather funny, but I think it much have been rather annoying and tiring for her.

And what people say about being attractive being a good thing - again, not convinced. You'd absolutely no control of who you are attracting, and let me assure you there are way, way more creeps out there than you'd think.
    She's had some very unwelcome attention on numerous occasions, some of it downright scary.

I actually think that average looking people are the ones who've won life's lottery when it comes to looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Lots of average look women and even bad looking women I know have had lots of unwanted attention and creepy suitors

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

wakka12 wrote: »
    Lots of average look women and even bad looking women I know have had lots of unwanted attention and creepy suitors

I'm one of the bad looking ones, and I can assure you there was a marked difference both in frequency and intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

Just watching an old BBC sitcom, "Ever Decreasing Circles".
    In one episode Martin discovers a woman sunbathing topless in his neighbour Paul's garden.
    Martin's wife Ann talks to Paul about this and Paul teasingly asks, "What more has she got to offer - except a perfect body".
    To which Ann replies, "What more does she need?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Of course they do and should cause they are good looking. Think of your good looking female friends turning heads everywhere she goes.

Good looking people should get a state payment every week in appreciation and upkeep of their looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

They shouldn't but definitely have it easier. If your good looking most members of the opposite sex find you interesting before you've even opened your mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I dont mind that they have it easier, everyone wants to be good looking, they are lucky. People say it shouldnt matter and shouldnt be appreciated because its just looks, they didnt do anything to earn them, but you could say the exact same about people being smart of funny or having good personality traits, also are born with them and those people who enjoy those desirable traits did nothing to earn them either and gain a lot of advanatages in life by having them, why are they treated differently to natural good looks?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    Of course they do and should cause they are good looking. Think of your good looking female friends turning heads everywhere she goes.

Good looking people should get a state payment every week in appreciation and upkeep of their looks.

and we need more good looking people in this country, cause lets face it us irish we ain't that pretty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

No I wouldn't say that good looking people have it easier. Maybe different in some ways. Looks are subjective especially in terms of attractiveness.

First impressions are good but shallow so whilst a very good looking person may make a good first impression, they might not live up to that standard and if anything, the percieved standard set may be higher because they're good looking. Also they might be a target of jealously etc.

One thing that I'd say is definitely harder is when out at a disco or something and Donna Summer's Hot Stuff comes on but they really need to go to the toilet or up to the bar. How will they walk? Confident like "ye I know" or slouched like "I'm good looking but I don't know it" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Lorelli! wrote: »
    One thing that I'd say is definitely harder is when out at a disco or something and Donna Summer's Hot Stuff comes on but they really need to go to the toilet or up to the bar. How will they walk? Confident like "ye I know" or slouched like "I'm good looking but I don't know it" :pac:

Shimmy off the dance floor like it’s part of the dance and you’re just going with it :D

Advertisement