Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Very Good Looking people have it easier in life

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Shimmy off the dance floor like it’s part of the dance and you’re just going with it :D

:D I'm too sexy for that Jack! My dad's joke vanity coming out in me :)

No seriously, was just joking! Didn't mean myself, just for "the beautiful people" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

I find that very good looking people aren't taking seriously. That is, people can't past their looks and see them defined as such. Good looking people tend to have it easier but not that much. Proof is always in the actions of what you do and what you produce as a person such as in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

chrissb8 wrote: »
    I find that very good looking people aren't taking seriously. That is, people can't past their looks and see them defined as such. Good looking people tend to have it easier but not that much. Proof is always in the actions of what you do and what you produce as a person such as in work.

I actually have found that a bit tbh without bragging, and it genuinely can be a bit irritating. You can be making a point in a meeting and you see two women looking at each other and having a giggle and you know well they aren’t focused on what ur saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Well actually Id say a very ugly person will immediately not be taken seriously as well and theyll have to work harder to prove themselves as people dont see past their bad looks intitally ,in that context(jobs, business) Id say slightly above average/decent looking is best

I think this is all a bit stupid though, nobody wants to be ugly, everyone wants to be good looking, and thats just the way it is, the position thats desired is the easier one in life overall
    Theres some tiny ridiculously specific downsides to being rich like maybe your child will be kidnappd for ransom poor people dont have to deal with that but in reality nobdoy wants to be poor and will always take being rich over poor even if they dont necessarily desperately want to be rich in the same way most people are pretty okay with how they look even if we're not all good looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

chrissb8 wrote: »

I have a highish turnover of staff. Most that dont last are the young people that think they are great because they think they are good looking/rich daddy or in one case a sugar daddy/went to uni/spent a summer outside Europe.

Arses.. Thick as ****. My most reliable and good staff only care about others. Not what others think about them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Yes they have it easier. Don’t need to be a genius to know that. Fact of life tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I actually have found that a bit tbh without bragging, and it genuinely can be a bit irritating. You can be making a point in a meeting and you see two women looking at each other and having a giggle and you know well they aren’t focused on what ur saying.

Maybe your zipper was open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

lawred2 wrote: »
    Maybe your zipper was open

No, this kind of thing happens a lot. I work in a management position and even if I’m talking about cutting costs or something women are generally reluctant to take what I’m saying in. Just get a bit preoccupied by my appearance, like to make little jokes and stuff. It’s annoying when it happens so often, although I know it probably does open doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

I remember there was a pretty awful American programme a few years back (can't quite recall what it was called) where they took people and spent a fortune on them with various plastic surgery procedures and dental treatment and lifestyle changes etc. One woman in particular did turn out to be stunning, but that may have been because she was somewhat pretty to begin with. It all made them look more mature but much more glamorous.

Just remembered: it was called ''the Swan''. I think there may have been a similar programme with men it it - I'm not too sure.

Advertisement