Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid deli workers, annoying as fucκ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Roll

I did my own lunch rolls for a while. Better and healthier than any deli, and cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

What mainly happens in deli's is the sandwich toppings consist of out of date pre packed ingredients, ie coleslaw, ham, .

Out of date chickens and portions are usually cooked and made into chicken pieces for sambo's and maybe chicken curry .

Generally though I'd always look at staff and ask yourself the following.

1 . Does this person look like the type that would have a good scub of the hands just after taking a poo.

2. Does this person have pride in their work . and don't tell me they're only a deli worker .

Shop wise..... Do they sell a lot of pre packed stuff... . do they have a cooked food counter .

Me personally...... I make my own food , saves me a fortune and I know where it came from .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

My local Deli is excellent, they even bake their own bread. Years ago they had a new East European Girl, who had recently started. A customer said that he wanted a sandwich & a steak & kidney pie.

The girl took a slice of bread, buttered it, emptied the pie on top & squashed the lot :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

When I ask for a white roll, don't just assume want butter and just put a glob on the knife.

Don't look so shocked at me ask me if "I'm sure" when I tell you I want neither butter nor mayonnaise.

Don't cut my roll open with a butter-laden knife after I clearly stated that I don't want butter, thus leaving butter residue in my roll.

When I ask for meat, salad and stuffing, don't jam in the salad and put the meat on top then drizzle the stuffing on top, thus causing it to fall out.

When you cut my roll in half GO ALL THE WAY BASTARDING THROUGH, don't just cut half way thrugh it leaving me to tare the rest.
    Make your own fooking roll :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

My pet hate actually the customer who hovers over the staff members move. Making sure we're all late back to work.

Make your bleeding perfect sandwich at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Ferm001 wrote: »
    When cutting my sandwich in half, cut it diagonally and not rectangular. Everyone knows triangle sandwich's taste nicer.
    Do you have any mouth in your head or do you assume deli workers are all mind readers?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Ferm001

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Do you have any mouth in your head or do you assume deli workers are all mind readers?

Hardly worth ordering a sandwich without a mouth to eat it. :D

Ferm001 wrote: »
    Hardly worth ordering a sandwich without a mouth to eat it. :D
    Stick it up your a**e...! Thats aimed at the people who think deli workers should be able to read the mind of posters and deliver to their every whim......:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Not Stupid deli works, but GLUM as hell. That's right. In this particular famous Irish Sandwich making franchise in a Petrol Station, they make your stuff. But for the life of me, the UTTERLY PERVASIVE SULLEN attitude from the staff - Irish girls as well.

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Not Stupid deli works, but GLUM as hell. That's right. In this particular famous Irish Sandwich making franchise in a Petrol Station, they make your stuff. But for the life of me, the UTTERLY PERVASIVE SULLEN attitude from the staff - Irish girls as well.
    I'd have to agree on that for some deli staff alright . Surely it must be part of customer service to appear approachable (about buying deli stuff ) . If you think that sort of work is below you (why ) then...........

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

I drive for a living and was spending almost a tenner per day on a morning coffee and muffin followed by lunchtime deli sandwich with bottle of water/packet of crisps.
    I've started making my own or just bringing a thermos of soup with me thus giving me the 200 euro per month pay rise I've been asking about for the last two years! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

A petrol station or a Spar/Centra is not a Deli in my book. When what you're consuming is essentially rectal gristle in a bap, a bit of butter on the knife should be the least of your worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I was in Spar the other day and I deliberately told yerone NOT to cut my roll in half. Of course, she didn't listen, and I then lost half of the roll when I opened it to pull it out. Devastated isn't the word.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Asking for mayo and she only smears it on one side :mad:
    Asking for grated cheese and she grabs half the container in her hand :eek:
    Asking for a toasted roll and she gives it back only the edges slightly seared and the cheese not melted :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

It is always some margarine looking/tasting crap. Never real butter. The ingredients on display in a lot deli counters is the cheapest sh!t they could get their hands on.. Grey ham is always a very bad sign.

It's normally a ginormous tub of Dairygold at every single deli because it's cheap and easily spreadable.

I drive for a living and was spending almost a tenner per day on a morning coffee and muffin followed by lunchtime deli sandwich with bottle of water/packet of crisps.
    I've started making my own or just bringing a thermos of soup with me thus giving me the 200 euro per month pay rise I've been asking about for the last two years! :-)

You've just taken away someone's job you sick monster

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Everyone complaining on this thread is a little bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Solution to all your complaining make your own sandwiches/rolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

xzanti wrote: »
    Asking for mayo and she only smears it on one side :mad:
    Asking for grated cheese and she grabs half the container in her hand :eek:
    Asking for a toasted roll and she gives it back only the edges slightly seared and the cheese not melted :mad:

Well good morning, Goldilocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I hate that people don't know how to order.

They ask for a sandwich with 3 toppings without stating first of its white or brown bread.

Try this

"Brown bread sandwich to take away please"

Wait to be asked if you want butter or mayo - say no.

Then ask for toppings.

Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

myshirt wrote: »
    I was in Spar the other day and I deliberately told yerone NOT to cut my roll in half. Of course, she didn't listen, and I then lost half of the roll when I opened it to pull it out. Devastated isn't the word.

You're right, devastated isn't the word ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I used to work in a Delhi. People can be unbelievably rude. There were days I often though of jumping over the counter and giving the rude customers a good beating to knock some manners into them. I didn't work there for too long and will never work in another job where I have to deal with the public. The world is just full of rude people and retards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

everlast75 wrote: »
    I hate that people don't know how to order.

They ask for a sandwich with 3 toppings without stating first of its white or brown bread.

Try this

"Brown bread sandwich to take away please"

Wait to be asked if you want butter or mayo - say no.

Then ask for toppings.

Easy
    A few weeks ago I was 15 minutes in subway waiting on just one couple to make their order, as I was waiting behind them. The girl behind the counter, patience of s saint would be an understatement. Never seen anything remotely like it, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I used to work in a Delhi. People can be unbelievably rude. There were days I often though of jumping over the counter and giving the rude customers a good beating to knock some manners into them. I didn't work there for too long and will never work in another job where I have to deal with the public. The world is just full of rude people and retards.

Was this a New Delhi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Deub

I would like to thank: Rude people, 'don't know what I want' people, 'complaining' people.

It makes my life better. Each time I go to a counter, I arrive with a smile, say hello, make a little joke about the previous customer that was a pain and 90% of the time you get a smile and efficient service. Once in a while, you don't pay for a little extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

One thing I hate about deli workers: I ask for a wrap "Wrap with Mayo please". He or she looks at you sarcastically and says "Is that all you want on it?". Well no, you ignorant fcuk, I was giving you a chance to put the mayo on before bombarding you with 3 or 4 ingredients that you might not remember.

I tried the flip side: "Wrap with Mayo, cheese, chicken, a bit of on-" "Oh hang on and I put the mayo on first", all impatient at your list, as if you are bombarding them too soon.

You cannot win...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 272 ✭✭Stars and Stripes

If you don't like the service then make your own sangers or rolls. Simples.

Advertisement