Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid deli workers, annoying as fucκ

Options
  • 23-12-2016 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

When I ask for a white roll, don't just assume want butter and just put a glob on the knife.

Don't look so shocked at me ask me if "I'm sure" when I tell you I want neither butter nor mayonnaise.

Don't cut my roll open with a butter-laden knife after I clearly stated that I don't want butter, thus leaving butter residue in my roll.

When I ask for meat, salad and stuffing, don't jam in the salad and put the meat on top then drizzle the stuffing on top, thus causing it to fall out.

When you cut my roll in half GO ALL THE WAY BASTARDING THROUGH, don't just cut half way thrugh it leaving me to tare the rest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Stop being so narky

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

Why do they ask "do you want butter OR mayo?"

I want both FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

That's not even a 1st world problem, that's a 0th world problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

dfeo wrote: »
    When I ask for a white roll, don't just assume want butter and just put a glob on the knife.

Don't look so shocked at me ask me if "I'm sure" when I tell you I want neither butter nor mayonnaise.

Don't cut my roll open with a butter-laden knife after I clearly stated that I don't want butter, thus leaving butter residue in my roll.

When I ask for meat, salad and stuffing, don't jam in the salad and put the meat on top then drizzle the stuffing on top, thus causing it to fall out.

When you cut my roll in half GO ALL THE WAY BASTARDING THROUGH, don't just cut half way thrugh it leaving me to tare the rest.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/177490/stone-cold-what-o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

A Priest is having Breakfast with a Hindu.

Priest: 'I've discovered an image of Jesus in my margarine!"

the Hindu replies: "I can't believe it's not Buddha!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dude needs a packed lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Make your own damn roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Commotion Ocean

A Priest is having Breakfast with a Hindu.

Priest: 'I've discovered an image of Jesus in my margarine!"

the Hindu replies: "I can't believe it's not Buddha!"

Can you explain that one??? I'm lost :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Don't cut my roll open with a butter-laden knife after I clearly stated that I don't want butter, thus leaving butter residue in my roll

I have actually refused a roll based on this. Of course I saw them cut the roll with a butter laden knife but I thought it best to let them finish making my roll before I told them I don't want devil spunk in my roll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

In past times you would be told to man up

Men these days 😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

My pet peeve is that when i ask for coleslaw (for example) i don't want you to take a knife and scrape a tiny bit of it accross the roll. Take out a spoon and put a decent amount on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Did you spell **** with a kappa? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭hellyeah

frag420 wrote: »
    I have actually refused a roll based on this. Of course I saw them cut the roll with a butter laden knife but I thought it best to let them finish making my roll before I told them I don't want devil spunk in my roll!

You do know they spunk in the coleslaw at the deli! :-) op make your own roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

You probably ask for the moist maker too do you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gary0345

You know they're good when you ask for your roll/sandwich to be toasted and they offer to put the Lettuce on after its been toasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

You probably ask for the moist maker too do you ?

Lmfao :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I can relate to a lot of that. Don't really use Deli's anymore since my work situation changed years ago. But I do remember a regular occurance back in the boom days of celtic tiger Ireland. Anytime I asked for a bacon and sausage sambo in a Deli a young Eastern European girl would always ask me if I wanted Mayo on it. WTF! Esso Stations were big culprits. Any breakfast related sambo had a Mayo request! It was like their basic training to make a sambo made mayo compulsory. Poor feckers. Victims of ****ty management.

Sambos not cut properly was another issue. Cut the fooking thing in half. Its fooking easy. Apart from my contribution OP, you need to calm down and realise that you are now the victim of having a job, being able to afford to have lunch in a Deli and posting about it on the oul interweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

What gets me is that they offer you butter, but it's not real butter they're using. It's normally just some butter substitute.
    I've never actually had the luxury of having real butter even though the majority of delicatessens offer it as so.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Haithabu

They typically cut mine in half without asking if I want it cut in half.

Sometimes they ask "cut in half?" and I reply "no" and then they cut it in half anyway.

Haithabu wrote: »
    They typically cut mine in half without asking if I want it cut in half.

Sometimes they ask "cut in half?" and I reply "no" and then they cut it in half anyway.

Ah FFS! This is getting rediculous! Virtually every roll/sambo is cut in half.

I was once in a cavery where the chef asked me did I want mushy peas with my roast beef as he was pouring the knuts over my dinner. It was the 90s. I had no internet to complain on. I told the prick to redish my dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

I was in one where, despite my asking clearly for it to be filled without the roll being cut at all, the server point blank refused to do so. They insisted on cutting it open, saying that was the only way they could fill it. Who trains these people, or decides they are fit to work at a deli counter ???

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Marzipan85

Well we know what dfeo's punishment will be if he ends up in hell... making sandwiches for people he doesn't care about for minimum wage for all of eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,936 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I've never had a butter problem in Subway in fairness.

I was in one where, despite my asking clearly for it to be filled without the roll being cut at all, the server point blank refused to do so. They insisted on cutting it open, saying that was the only way they could fill it. Who trains these people, or decides they are fit to work at a deli counter ???

Thats a thread closer right there.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

how could any of you contemplate eating any of that tasteless /over-processed ****e in a roll for your lunch and pay at least a fiver for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Needs Must wrote: »
    What gets me is that they offer you butter, but it's not real butter they're using. It's normally just some butter substitute.
    I've never actually had the luxury of having real butter even though the majority of delicatessens offer it as so.

It is always some margarine looking/tasting crap. Never real butter. The ingredients on display in a lot deli counters is the cheapest sh!t they could get their hands on.. Grey ham is always a very bad sign.

Oops69 wrote: »
    how could any of you contemplate eating any of that tasteless /over-processed ****e in a roll for your lunch and pay at least a fiver for it ?

Thats not the point of the thread. The person making the roll is not responsible for the tasteless crap that goes into it. They are responsible for how they make it.

I do agree with you though.

It is always some margarine looking/tasting crap. Never real butter. The ingredients on display in a lot deli counters is the cheapest sh!t they could get their hands on.. Grey ham is always a very bad sign.

Absolutely. Most deli food is pure muck. When O'Briens first opened, their chicken and sweetcorn sandwich was awesome. Nowadays it literally thawed out frozen chicken from an unknown source.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Oops69 wrote: »

Where are you paying at least five euro for a roll?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

For those too lazy to make a sandwinch themselves, an autonomous robot will be shortly providing this basic assembly task.

A touch screen and sand-bot-artist at your local Subway could probably do this human task better, faster and for longer than anyone else.
    So you can send any complaints to the chief robot of food assembly robots, they really won't care though.

Advertisement