Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid deli workers, annoying as fucκ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Discodog wrote: »
    Which bit ?

My friend is Romanian & she still takes photos even though she been working here for years.

She's just trying to be Lady La De Da to her dog meat eating friends back home.
    " Look Ioana, I eat meat of pig or chicken it tastes much better than alsatian "

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Suas11 wrote: »
    The bit about them not believing what we eat.

No one is going to believe a jumbo breakfast roll without seeing one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Are you being offended on their behalf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Dealing with the Great Unwashed was such a horrific experience it made me work harder at uni so I'd never have to do it again. This thread proves that that was a great decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Phoebas wrote: »
    Eastern Europe - famous for their wide and varied cuisine.
    If you're being sarcastic - you know SFA about Eastern European cuisine.

If you're not - I agree 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

At least any deli workers reading this thread seem sound enough so far not to complain to the mods about it and have it closed down. Yes may not get any tip for me but I'll still say thanks for that!

• Advertisement

Thought this was AH:rolleyes:

Hows that racist?? It was meant as a joke as this is AH. Anyway Romanians are not a different race so look for something else to be offended by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I asked a guy one day "do you want butter?" He asked was it butter? I showed him the tub, "thats not butter!" he says.

Ok. "Would you like low fat processed dairy spread on your roll?"

Dick head.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

A little gentle slagging - it doesn't quite reach the level of racism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Surely Fred Swanson is taking the piss. Faux racism (or outrage) if you will. Isn't he :o??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Which bit ?

My friend is Romanian & she still takes photos even though she been working here for years.
    Does she serve photographs....it would help with dieting.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Surely Fred Swanson is taking the piss. Faux racism (or outrage) if you will. Isn't he :o??

Apologies Fred did I ruin your fun with last comment? I just saw people getting wound up and realised they were believing what you'd said. I won't jump in so soon I future so you can carry on and have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Im expecting deli staff across the country to march the streets in mass protest against the general public, bread rolls in hand #butteryourown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I'm opening one near Tottenham's new ground called Ali's Deli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

dd972 wrote: »
    I'm opening one near Tottenham's new ground called Ali's Deli

Or one that sells all sorts of exotic meat.

The deli lahma

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wardling

Just buy jambons!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

When we were in secondary school we used go to deli counters at lunch. One was located to the fish counter in the shop. A guy in my class asked the deli worker to put raw fish in his roll. So, deli workers have to deal with stupid people at times!
    Smoked salmon..... sushi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

It's good to learn it's alrite for deli staff to ask are you alrite. I will now look upon deli staff in a whole new way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭__Alex__

No one is going to believe a jumbo breakfast roll without seeing one

Yeah, breakfast rolls are pretty mank, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Ryanair filtered out needy assholes and made a very successful business of it. Maybe delis should look at that business model.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Any job dealing with the public = 0

Dealing with anything else = 1....….......
    Trillion times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Patww79 wrote: »
    Weren't too offended when what we eat was being insulted though. Selective?

This is the funniest.

Being insulted because someone "insulted" what "we" eat. Hahahaha

Come on now . If you are eating at a deli. you are an animal. they should be shoveling road kill onto white crusty rolls and charging you for extra spit.

You eat it and be happy they didn't just scrap the que. throw it in a trough for you all to climb over each other to get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

This is the funniest.

Being insulted because someone "insulted" what "we" eat. Hahahaha

Come on now . If you are eating at a deli. you are an animal. they should be shoveling road kill onto white crusty rolls and charging you for extra spit.

You eat it and be happy they didn't just scrap the que. throw it in a trough for you all to climb over each other to get to it.

Well the chicken fillets come from China. So work that one out;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭con___manx1

But there are rude customers AND rude deli workers, it can work both ways. Some deli workers are rude because that's who they are and nothing to do with being pushed to tipping point by customers.

Have you ever worked in a job where you had to deal with the public ? I forgot to mention in that post that I worked in a deli when I was younger and I am not a rude person what so ever. The amount of rude customers I had was unbelievable.people look down on you for working in a deli. I was studying for my degree at the time and lucky for Me I hold my self in high regard and no that i am more intelegent than your average customer that cant even make there own sandwich. I treat all people with respect and I expect the same from other people. If I am disrespected I also will show disrespect . Deli workers mcdonalds workers subway workers should all be treated with respect. Just because they are at the lower end of the pay scale doesn't make them stupid and that is the way I felt I was treated by the irish public when I worked in a deli.

Advertisement