Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid deli workers, annoying as fucκ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

haha ive actually been asked by deli staff 'do you REALLY want mayonnaise AND egg mayonnaise in your roll?!"

yes i do

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

When you are making my wrap, at least trap it tight enough, so the whole thing does not come apart, the moment I remove the grease proof paper.

Oh, and keep that yellow processed cheese well away from anything I order, unless its a Taco Chip and I am in Abras or Supmacs. Even a thread of that **** makes anything uneatable, again unless its a Taco Chip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

What I want to know ? how is it that **** word came out in your thread heading :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

dfeo wrote: »

When I ask for meat, salad and stuffing, don't jam in the salad and put the meat on top then drizzle the stuffing on top, thus causing it to fall out.

Then stop being an as*hole and order stuffing, salad, meat.

What I want to know ? how is it that **** word came out in your thread heading :-)

Quite easy to dodge that fucking swear filter once you know how.

;)

Useless deli staff, not so easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

pet hate is bits of cheese in the roll (hate cheddar cheese) and forgetting to cut it. as a whole the dunnes ladies are pros, friendly and capable. and they call me ''love''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

One talent the foreign workers haven't imported is good sandwich making.

A small bit of butter does not mean half a tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

it was bound to happen..
    yes I work in a deli.

butter on the knife used to cut open the roll is just lazy basic hygiene..no excuse.
    the butter used is more than likely a margarine spread. sorry about that.
    i'm sorry that we ask butter or mayo. 80% of people usually want both. no bother. soemtimes ketchup on that too. no worries at all.
    the "scrape" of coleslaw, egg mayo, potato salad..sorry about that. where i work, we have to use a scrape or we are genuinely given a bollicking and a lecture on food costs etc etc
    i'm sorry we can only put one slice of ham in your roll or sambo.
    i'm sorry that your breakfast roll has A sausage and A rasher. pls speak to the boss.

sorry to add my 2 cents worth but I can only speak for myself. in the deli i work, well its in a petrol station, it has been drilled into us to give pretty much as little as possible for a high price. i think its disgraceful. i'd liek to think that if my boss went into a place and got a sambo or roll the way he wants s to make them in his shop, he would give it straight back or not pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 midlands96

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    When you are making my wrap, at least trap it tight enough, so the whole thing does not come apart, the moment I remove the grease proof paper.

Oh, and keep that yellow processed cheese well away from anything I order, unless its a Taco Chip and I am in Abras or Supmacs. Even a thread of that **** makes anything uneatable, again unless its a Taco Chip.

Why not make your own wrap? And if you dont like the cheese, simply don't ask for it

One talent the foreign workers haven't imported is good sandwich making.

A small bit of butter does not mean half a tub.

Foreign workers are not the only ones guilty of that. Only thing worse than stray threads of processed yellow cheese, is biting into lump of unspread butter.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 391 ✭✭paralysed

When I ask for a white roll, don't just assume want butter and just put a glob on the knife.

Don't look so shocked at me ask me if "I'm sure" when I tell you I want neither butter nor mayonnaise.

Don't cut my roll open with a butter-laden knife after I clearly stated that I don't want butter, thus leaving butter residue in my roll.

When I ask for meat, salad and stuffing, don't jam in the salad and put the meat on top then drizzle the stuffing on top, thus causing it to fall out.

When you cut my roll in half GO ALL THE WAY BASTARDING THROUGH, don't just cut half way thrugh it leaving me to tare the rest.
    I anticipate all these mistake easily these days. The most important is to make sure they put the grated cheese in first!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

When I ask for a white roll, don't just assume want butter and just put a glob on the knife.

Don't look so shocked at me ask me if "I'm sure" when I tell you I want neither butter nor mayonnaise.

Don't cut my roll open with a butter-laden knife after I clearly stated that I don't want butter, thus leaving butter residue in my roll.

When you cut my roll in half GO ALL THE WAY BASTARDING THROUGH, don't just cut half way thrugh it leaving me to tare the rest.

Maybe you could make your own

midlands96 wrote: »
    Why not make your own wrap? And if you dont like the cheese, simply don't ask for it

Erm, cos I am in hurry, and hungry maybe.

My point is I don't ask for cheese, so dont get it near my wrap/sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I've dumped a few rolls where having told them no butter, it ended up with a large streak of butter and ketchup.
    Its disgusting when you are someone that doesnt eat these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I love my local deli. The women are delicious and they make a sexy roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The gloves, the gloves... Apparently you can do all sorts of stuff with them there gloves... Pick up food, cut the roll/ wrap, open the nearest door. No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Ye giving me a bit of entertainment with this, as someone who serve people food, i have learned to act dumb at times when I hear complaints, and laugh things off, there are bigger fish to worry about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Well my 0th world problem is tomatoes appearing on most sandwiches unannounced

Take that bitter soggy ridiculous fruit off my crisp ham and cheese sandwich, please and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mint Sauce wrote: »

You give out about how people take your order and you go and order a 'taco chip'? If you ordered that from me you'd get one solitary lonesome chip on its own dipped in mince with a noodle of cheese around it. There's your taco chip, sir, that's what you asked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jebus ya got deli money to throw around well whoop de do, hope you don't catch gonorrhea from that butter knife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

gercoral wrote: »
    it was bound to happen..
    yes I work in a deli.e boss.

sorry to add my 2 cents worth but I can only speak for myself. in the deli i work, well its in a petrol station, it has been drilled into us to give pretty much as little as possible for a high price. i think its disgraceful. i'd liek to think that if my boss went into a place and got a sambo or roll the way he wants s to make them in his shop, he would give it straight back or not pay for it

petrol station managers; images of creepy arseholes with dirty white short sleeve shirts, pot belly and manky black trousers eyeing up the eastern european girls...shiver ...not to generalise of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Hash browns.. Greasy disgusting cheap mank with a disgusting raw potato taste and texture.. Who likes actually likes them? They are inedible scutter when they are freshly cooked, and worse when they have been hanging around for a few hours on a hotplate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The first couple of years of my working life were spent in a deli back when I was 16-18.

And, drumroll...the OP is damn right. I never made sloppy rolls*. The place local to me piles stuff in willy-nilly like they're filling a tub of coleslaw. 10 extra seconds and a little care is all that's needed.

The worst is the people that can't speak English.

I'd like some egg mayonnaise please.
    -"Tomato?"
    -Egg mayo. That stuff there, you know, with the egg in it.
    *deli person points at spinach*
    -No, the egg mayonnaise.
    "You want more mayonnaise?"
    -Just give me a fecking chicken fillet then.
    "Spicy or plain?"
    /leaves store

*mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭duvetdayss

Hash browns.. Greasy disgusting cheap mank with a disgusting raw potato taste and texture.. Who likes actually likes them? They are inedible scutter when they are freshly cooked, and worse when they have been hanging around for a few hours on a hotplate.

Ah no I love the odd hash brown. That fried triangle of potato is the perfect bold indulgence

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭cbreeze

I love my local deli. The women are delicious and they make a sexy roll.

Where is this lovely place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

It only a fukking sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

'Hand cut sandwiches'...

Excuse me but I want you to cut it with your hand... PUT THE KNIFE DOWN AND CUT IT WITH YOUR HAND LIKE THEY SAID ON THE ADVERT ON THE RADIO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

I have never understood the way Irish folk order filled rolls or sandwiches.

Customer - Can I have a roll please?
    Staff - White or brown?
    Customer - White
    Staff - Butter or Mayo?
    Customer - Mayo
    Staff - And what do you want on it?
    Customer - Ham
    Staff - Anything else?
    Customer - Cheese
    Staff - Anything else?
    Customer - Onion
    Staff - White or red?
    Etc, etc. Takes Fecking ages and hold everyone up.

Me, Can I get a ham, cheese and onion roll please.. No fannying about, just tell them what I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭GreenFolder2

Try being Coeliac and living in a world that runs on sandwiches and actually loving bread but not being able to have any :( to make matters worse everyone thinks you're just being an awkward hipster rather than just accepting that a sandwich might cause days of really fairly nasty digestive problems and shorten my lifespan...

And don't give me any of that gluten free muck! - It's all horrible. I got the gluten free chicken sandwich in Costa earlier and frankly, a pair of old socks with mayo would have tasted better.

I end up having to look for salads and half the time the prepacked ones are laced with bulgar wheat, couscous or croutons.

Sometimes when caught out I've resorted to licking the filing out of a sandwich for lunch :(

I used to love eating gluten but, alas I'm fecked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Oh yeah, you mean like when your lazy butler washes your sock garters, and they’re still covered with schmutz?

Advertisement