Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

C. No spell g tasks
    5. No systems
    6. No super vote thing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The first rule of warewolf dont talk about warewolf unless you are lying and being generally decitefull
    Rule number 2 shatterproof must be lynched/munched as soon as possible (would have been a few yellows this game)
    Rule 3 no more then 2 memes per each day

Thats all i have so far

Rule 4 - Valeyard must be the first peaked. Just to rule him out, you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

quickbeam wrote: »
    Rule 4 - Valeyard must be the first peaked. Just to rule him out, you know.

Ah does he really need to be peeked at this stage. Can it not just be assumed?

Barney92 wrote: »
    Ah does he really need to be peeked at this stage. Can it not just be assumed?

I think you pernamanty changed what can be assumed mr barney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Tigger wrote: »
    I think you pernamanty changed what can be assumed mr barney

The plan was down to andy really.

• Advertisement

Ok well I think it was the three oh ye
    It's a team game and you all must have done your parts
    I was shocked when I was told tmyou were a Lannister

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Depending on whether I'm team village or team baddie next game, Andy and Mick are now top of my munch/lynch list. :P Mick is just too useful and Andy is too devious! :P:pac:

I was think more about the Harry Potter themed game someone (Sulli?) suggested, it's a great idea. You could have a good team - Harry, Ron and Hermione. Mad eye moody as the seer, Hagrid as the bodyguard. Death eaters as the baddies. Maybe a Voldemort bad guy role like the Night King where he has killing power but can't communicate with the death eaters until a certain time. Snape could be a turncoat after a certain amount of time. You could even have a Dementor type role that silences a certain person for a half day. Professor Trelawney as the priest. Loads of options there! :) Anyways, just thinking out loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Jaysus lads I'm shattered after that , 'tis no wonder I prefer to hang around in the dead room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Tigger wrote: »
    I'm writing a chapter like Andy said

Wouldnt be a hit list?

Wouldnt be a hit list?

Wrong thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Depending on whether I'm team village or team baddie next game, Andy and Mick are now top of my munch/lynch list. :P Mick is just too useful and Andy is too devious! :P:pac:

I was think more about the Harry Potter themed game someone (Sulli?) suggested, it's a great idea. You could have a good team - Harry, Ron and Hermione. Mad eye moody as the seer, Hagrid as the bodyguard. Death eaters as the baddies. Maybe a Voldemort bad guy role like the Night King where he has killing power but can't communicate with the death eaters until a certain time. Snape could be a turncoat after a certain amount of time. You could even have a Dementor type role that silences a certain person for a half day. Professor Trelawney as the priest. Loads of options there! :) Anyways, just thinking out loud!

LOVE this idea! I'm 100% in for WW4 anyway. Regardless of what it is.

I will say that I thought that the difference in difficulty level between WW2 and WW3 was quite big. I would've been confused as hell had I actually been playing. So could we maybe take it easy with the new rules next time!

Every time I've read new rules to each game, I've thought - No way, this'll be impossible!! But once you actually get in to playing it, it does all sort of start to make sense.

I actually thought WW2 was the most difficult in terms of rules - I never could get my head around that Powerplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I actually thought WW2 was the most difficult in terms of rules - I never could get my head around that Powerplay.

Huh? It was easy peasy:
    tritium wrote: »
    oh, first name on list votes, second name is backup. Remaining votes to pile on at the end

like so
    time sequence vote number voter backup
    10:00
    10:15
    11:00 1 1 yoss mick
    11:45 2 1 mick cross
    12:30 3 1 cross crow
    13:15 4 1 crow Char
    14:00 5 1 Char yoss
    14:45 6 2 yoss mick
    15:30 7 2 mick cross
    16:15 8 2 cross crow
    17:00 9 2 crow Char
    17:45 10 2 Char yoss
    18:30 11 3 yoss mick
    19:15 12 3 mick cross
    20:00 13 3 cross crow
    20:45 14 3 crow Char
    crosstownk
    crowseye
    MicksJaguar
    Mollyb60
    The_Dazzler
    y0ssar1an22

This is the suggested vote order for the system. If you can work out whn youre duebto post and let me know uf you cant
    So the wolves have 9 and we need to keep the hour system going (make it every 50 mins as im cureently having a beer and my math may be a little off) with everyone then voting at or after 8.01

I need to also work out how this should play tomorrow. I think the system works but need to runnit through
    I suggest in the absence of powerplay evidence every villager votes jayop between 8.01 and 9.59 tonight. Thats the latest pp window. If wolves drop votes before that we react accordingly. Worst scenario we should try to get a small number of votes into the pp.

Am i missing anything?
    Actualky **** that

jayop

We now have plus 2 on any pp vote up to an hour from now. In an hour another villager votes jayop and so on each hour. That puts us between 2 and 4 for any pp period. Everyone then has to vote jayop after 8.01
    Look, vased on gms post.

Wwgm can you confirm; in a game you only ever have one vote. With pp that may count as +2 not +1

If so if we villagers vote together we cant be outvoted. Im suggesting jayop because hes dangerous to have around

Any objections?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Every time I've read new rules to each game, I've thought - No way, this'll be impossible!! But once you actually get in to playing it, it does all sort of start to make sense.

Don't mention the fecking PP!! We'll have Tritium in here trying to explain it to us!! :)

Anyway, thanks a million everyone for playing the game, that's the first time I think we've not had a modkill so that's brilliant.

Cheers to Digi for running the tail end of the game all by himself after I went missing. I had a mate down from home from Friday to last night and I was pretty much constantly on the beer all weekend so everytime I logged on to try to help out somewhere I couldn't get my head around what was going on.Sorry about that, but you did a great job by my reading back.

Also a big thanks to Max for setting up the back forum and getting the forums all prepared for the game with me. Also did a lot of the changing access over the week which was a great help.

I'll likely not be able to be involved in at least the next game properly because I'm really busy at work at the moment and I'll probably be on hols when the next one is on, but I'll give whoever runs it all my help in setting up the forum and with balancing the game if they'd like.

Oh, also I think once we get our new forum we should start to do things like have a single thread outlining all the roles and rules we've had in previous games, how well they worked and how we'd tweek them for future games. Things like the Sheriff in this game didn't really have much impact that I saw, but could have been important in the end.

I also agree with one of the posts I read about having a mechanism in the games whereby once we get to a certain amount of people left alive we should speed the game up. That makes it a bit harder for future mods as they'll have 4 actions per day rather than 2 to manage but would improve the feel of the games I think. If we start on a sunday night, most games should wrap up on the following Friday if possible as the weekends are a nigthmare and you tend to have people like me going AWOL.

Okay, so if we need to come up with a charter, can we just adapt the one already in this forum. Something like this......

The RPG Arena (or whatever our new forum is called)

Mission Statement:

This is a place for playing and discussing RPGs. Please give this short list of rules a read and then thank this post to show that you have done so, and are happy to abide by them.

The Rules:
    There should be no spam, trolling or any general muppetry. (Any of this will result in posts being edited/deleted).

By the nature of the game, some insulting will take place, so don’t be a sensitive soul. Expect reasonable bad language and people trying to provoke reactions out of each other. This is just part of the game. However, any serious abuse or racism will not be tolerated. Heed any warnings given by the forum moderators and if things get out of hand, offenders will be banned.

Only active players and game moderators of a game are permitted to post or thank a post, in a thread while game is in play.

Any repeat offenders of these rules, will result in them being banned.

Not reading the charter will make us come down harder on you if you break the rules.

All the usual Boards.ie rules also apply.

Dispute Resolution:
    If you feel you have been banned/infracted unfairly and are unable to settle the dispute with a mod via pm, the correct procedure is to then start a thread in the Dispute Resolution Forum. From there, you will have an impartial higher authority input on the problem & it can be dealt with properly.

I think from reading the rules in the forum request place they'll approach someone involved to become a mod, then they along with the cat mods and admins will come up with the charter.

Not sure who they'll go to with the mod duties. Sully would be the obvious choice if she's open to it. Will they have a single mod or more?

while game is in play.

I wonder will the forum mod be able to put something against a thread to show a game that's active - a bit like the forum request forum, where threads are marked "New" or "Approved" or "Expired" - we could have "Active" or "Complete" against games that are in play?

Jayop wrote: »
    I think from reading the rules in the forum request place they'll approach someone involved to become a mod, then they along with the cat mods and admins will come up with the charter.

Not sure who they'll go to with the mod duties. Sully would be the obvious choice if she's open to it. Will they have a single mod or more?

Was just pulling together a draft (I'm bored) based on the below suggestion.
    andy125 wrote: »
    Considering our forum has been approved and it can't go live until a charter is created, maybe we should put a draft charter together for the mods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Do you think they could up the WerewolfGM account to a mod account? that way it can be used and obvious when the mod is posting? We had that over in the poker forum. But the Mod abilities only worked in that particular forum so they couldn't abuse privileges.

• Advertisement

I wonder will the forum mod be able to put something against a thread to show a game that's active - a bit like the forum request forum, where threads are marked "New" or "Approved" or "Expired" - we could have "Active" or "Complete" against games that are in play?

They will be able to change the names of the threads post game.

For example the latest game title should be imo...

WWIII - WINTER IS COMING - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WIN

I'd also probably lock the old game threads a few days after they closed. The only open threads should be this one, the current game and the sign up to the next game.

Do you think they could up the WerewolfGM account to a mod account? that way it can be used and obvious when the mod is posting? We had that over in the poker forum. But the Mod abilities only worked in that particular forum so they couldn't abuse privileges.

I think they said that it's not possible because the mod accounts by default have access to the mod forum and they're not going to allow any randomer to have a look in there.

If we have a dedicated mod or two that can enforce the charter, lock and unlock threads and change thread titles it won't matter if they are playing or not.

Was just pulling together a draft (I'm bored) based on the below suggestion.

Yeah fair enough, if we draft something sensible then they could probably just use that and adjust it as they see fit.

They will be able to change the names of the threads post game.

For example the latest game title should be imo...

WWIII - WINTER IS COMING - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WIN

I'd also probably lock the old game threads a few days after they closed. The only open threads should be this one, the current game and the sign up to the next game.

Yeah, I agree. I also think that in the forum once it goes live we should have a previous games thread that's updated every time with a link to the game thread plus the backrooms. That'll help people who stumble across the forum see how the games pan out and what to expect.
    I think they said that it's not possible because the mod accounts by default have access to the mod forum and they're not going to allow any randomer to have a look in there.

If we have a dedicated mod or two that can enforce the charter, lock and unlock threads and change thread titles it won't matter if they are playing or not.
    Yeah, basically as Jayo said above. I brought that up in forum requests and got a pretty resounding no. From the looks of it, mods will be required to do things like lock threads and ban users etc, but we can still have the game mod do the on-thread stuff. It was only a problem in AH because the mods there didn't like non-mod players backseating-modding (who could blame them) but in our own forum it should be ok I think. There's usually at least 2 mods isn't there, I've never seen a forum with only one mod.

One thing about the links to the back forum, when the game is live the general and all the old threads need to be hidden so that people can't look at peoples profiles and see if they are online or not. It's too hard to completely ensure that all the post count data and online/offline status are hidden and the easiest way if that people can't see other people at all or can only see the people in the forum that they have designated.

I think it's fair to say that the back forum was much better for everyone than a Quick Topic page, I would have liked to have seen the teams make better use of it and have threads for themselves for things like sus posts, power villagers hunting, things like that, but that will all come with time.

One thing about the links to the back forum, when the game is live the general and all the old threads need to be hidden so that people can't look at peoples profiles and see if they are online or not. It's too hard to completely ensure that all the post count data and online/offline status are hidden and the easiest way if that people can't see other people at all or can only see the people in the forum that they have designated.

I think it's fair to say that the back forum was much better for everyone than a Quick Topic page, I would have liked to have seen the teams make better use of it and have threads for themselves for things like sus posts, power villagers hunting, things like that, but that will all come with time.

Agreed that it was much better, however QT was easier to use on mobile. I'm not sure if it's the template on the back forum or what, but it's not built to be responsive and that mean I checked it and posted much less than I did with the QT. I wouldn't want to put any extra work on someone though if it's difficult to fix. Yeah we defo could have used the forums a bit better, but as me and Xara were killed off so early, poor old QB had the place to himself! :pac: Next time!

Agreed that it was much better, however QT was easier to use on mobile. I'm not sure if it's the template on the back forum or what, but it's not built to be responsive and that mean I checked it and posted much less than I did with the QT. I wouldn't want to put any extra work on someone though if it's difficult to fix. Yeah we defo could have used the forums a bit better, but as me and Xara were killed off so early, poor old QB had the place to himself! :pac: Next time!

I wonder would we be able to set it up to work on Tapatalk. I never even looked what forum software Max used.

yeah, it can be done so that's a decent option until we manage to optimize the site. I used it on mobile with no real problems, just had to keep resizing the screen. I do have a gigantic phone though.

https://tapatalk.com/download_mybb.php

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

that's great to hear re tapatalk. I didn't used the back forums too much because 90% of my play is via mobile and it wasn't the best navigation and posting experience on mobile with the backrooms.. but tapatalk should resolve that (totally forgot to check out compatibility...haven't used TT in ages).

a non-boards mod "backseating modding" hopefully won't pose a problem... depends on who the the boards mods for the forum are though...... and whether they have a vendetta following a lynching :P

• Advertisement

If there's an issue with in-game mods then the whole forum idea is as well being scrapped and for us not to bother playing again. It won't be an issue, the guys know that this is how these games need to be run and the mod/s will surely come from our numbers.

Advertisement