Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Well done Persopoly!! Even if you did kill me!! I'll talk to you in the DR.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

I has been killed :(

Youll get no sympathy here Night King, you monster

Just kidding, very well played, see ya in the dead room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Ahem.

:p

You get a straight-up shot of whiskey - whether you want it or not. Ya badass sneaky fecker. :D

tritium wrote: »
    Youll get no sympathy here Night King, you monster

Just kidding, very well played, see ya in the dead room

I was going for the poor ol Persepoly routine who is completely clueless in order to deflect attention :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

sullivlo wrote: »
    So much for you having no experience ;)

I said I was crap! not that I had no experience. Big difference :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I love the themed games idea. I would be up for helping host a themed halloween one, similar to the necromancer rules posted earlier. For the craic like! :)

Tigger. Tigger tigger tigger. Where to start? :P I would have no problem playing with Trigger again. As said here earlier, everyone deserves a second chance. I can see why he lost his temper, but having been in the dead room at the time, I can also see the mods point of view. I really don't blame Tigger for losing the head, however I do think that the way he lost it (posting of the Seer chat etc) was inexcusable. The mods (and the players) both put a lot of time and effort in the game and, as I see it, that was an attempt to ruin it for everyone which was not fair. It's not up to me, but if it was here's what I propose: Tigger to PM the two mods with a sincere apology (if not done already), Tigger to get access to the dead room (which I believe no-one is reading anymore anyway), everyone to then let this go (that includes Tigger - no more discussion of the topic or arguing about what actions should or shouldn't have happened), everyone to give Trigger a second chance and, finally, Tigger to promise that future issues will be handled in a way that doesn't threaten the game. To be fair, that last part applies to everyone but some people may still need to hear it from Tigger.

That's all just my opinion, I will defer to the mods and other players. I am really enjoying this game, and would like everyone else to enjoy it too. Boards can be a cliquey place at times, and I defo would want to avoid the newly approved WW forum becoming like that.

I love the themed games idea. I would be up for helping host a themed halloween one, similar to the necromancer rules posted earlier. For the craic like! :)

Tigger. Tigger tigger tigger. Where to start? :P I would have no problem playing with Trigger again. As said here earlier, everyone deserves a second chance. I can see why he lost his temper, but having been in the dead room at the time, I can also see the mods point of view. I really don't blame Tigger for losing the head, however I do think that the way he lost it (posting of the Seer chat etc) was inexcusable. The mods (and the players) both put a lot of time and effort in the game and, as I see it, that was an attempt to ruin it for everyone which was not fair. It's not up to me, but if it was here's what I propose: Tigger to PM the two mods with a sincere apology (if not done already), Tigger to get access to the dead room (which I believe no-one is reading anymore anyway), everyone to then let this go (that includes Tigger - no more discussion of the topic or arguing about what actions should or shouldn't have happened), everyone to give Trigger a second chance and, finally, Tigger to promise that future issues will be handled in a way that doesn't threaten the game. To be fair, that last part applies to everyone but some people may still need to hear it from Tigger.

That's all just my opinion, I will defer to the mods and other players. I am really enjoying this game, and would like everyone else to enjoy it too. Boards can be a cliquey place at times, and I defo would want to avoid the newly approved WW forum becoming like that.

Just move on. You say yourself everyone needs to let it go. It really is just a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Jayop has been consistently shite about giving people dead room access. :P Persepoly, Quickbeam, Shatter, I have given you access.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Max, can you give me access too?

Max, can you give me access too?

You need to register here first :)

• Advertisement

Jayop has been consistently shite about giving people dead room access. :P Persepoly, Quickbeam, Shatter, I have given you access.

Have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

You need to register

Done, thanks

Yep

Yep

Thanks Max :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Cheers Max, Jays been awol for about a day so he's probably got stuff on, I forgot I could ask you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

First off, the mods do a great job in keeping these games running. On top of that they also add entertainment value with lynch/slaughter postings.

The last two games have been accelerated towards the end to prevent the game from getting slow and possibly boring which could lead to lack of interest from some players. Another example of the great work the mods do.

Maybe making the game quicker after a certain point (x number of players dead) could be defined at the start of the game. It does get to a point where players are going around in circles followed by a decrease in live players which leads to a drop in posting activity.

That's just my 2c as a tweak which may keep the activity level at a maximum throughout the whole game.

Max, can you sort out the dead room access for me, please?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

crosstownk wrote: »
    Max, can you sort out the dead room access for me, please?

No. You're not welcome in the DR.

;)

No. You're not welcome in the DR.

;)

Can you at least pass a beer out through the window??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Can you at least pass a beer out through the window??

There's an oasis tribute band in the dead room if you hurry.... ;)

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    There's an oasis tribute band in the dead room if you hurry.... ;)

I said maybe.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I said maybe.... :D

Look, just roll with it

Uriel. wrote: »
    Look, just roll with it

I will - little by little.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I will - little by little.

Don't look back in anger, crosstown. It's only a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Don't look back in anger, crosstown. It's only a game.

I hear you say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

Considering our forum has been approved and it can't go live until a charter is created, maybe we should put a draft charter together for the mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

7a7fed16a18f25c32c10e6ff224b0edc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Tigger wrote: »
    7a7fed16a18f25c32c10e6ff224b0edc.jpg

Kind of ominous.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Kind of ominous.......

I'm writing a chapter like Andy said

• Advertisement

The first rule of warewolf dont talk about warewolf unless you are lying and being generally decitefull
    Rule number 2 shatterproof must be lynched/munched as soon as possible (would have been a few yellows this game)
    Rule 3 no more then 2 memes per each day

Thats all i have so far

Advertisement