Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Is everyone dressing up? I'd rather not but will dress as a teenager if needs be (jeans and a cotton t)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Is everyone dressing up? I'd rather not but will dress as a teenager if needs be (jeans and a cotton t)
    You are a teenager.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

For Halloween, you mean? Or our meet? Our meet is, like a month after Halloween and I'd no intention of dressing up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

quickbeam wrote: »
    For Halloween, you mean? Or our meet? Our meet is, like a month after Halloween and I'd no intention of dressing up for it.

are you sure?

Cos what I heard was that everyone HAS to dress up as the role they play in WW IV - apparently it's a condition of entry into the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I put on my robe and wizard's hat.

• Advertisement

If any of ye notice me talking in colours its not a task just something I do after a few drinks

I was thinking something along the same lines Mick - maybe you should come as something like this.

IMG_6429.JPG?itok=QyC6VFZU

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Both?

• Advertisement

Yep! :)

Can you post in both?

Not in the two threads already there, they're locked. Want me to try start a new thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Yayyy links work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I can thank posts but not post

I can thank posts but not post

In which forum? You should have access to the parent forum (forum games) to post there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

sullivlo wrote: »
    In which forum? You should have access to the parent forum (forum games) to post there?

Was the wolf den, saw others post in it and went to defend myself as the Seer as I saw Andy claiming again ;)

I can post in the other part no probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Moved all the threads and posts in the backroom to the archive, can still be accessed by everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

yeah but becasue i can readz the staff room i'm now the werewolf gm

FFS Tigger, log out again and tell me the password you set it to.

• Advertisement

you cant catck me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Jayop wrote: »
    FFS Tigger, log out again and tell me the password you set it to.

lol he's some man for the chaos

i didnt change the password grumpy
    ffs everythine i think if got a read on you you flip i was only having a laugh

Uriel. wrote: »
    lol he's some man for the chaos

Un fecking real.

Seriously Tigger, I hadn't cleared that account down yet and I need to do that before it's passed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Un fecking real.

Seriously Tigger, I hadn't cleared that account down yet and I need to do that before it's passed on.

you leave the keys to the gm lyning around without clearing things down and its my fault
    clearimng down wheat i didnt go reading all the pms about how sexy the girls think i am i just changet the sug and t the avatar and told you stariaght away

Tigger wrote: »
    you leave the keys to the gm lyning around without clearing things down and its my fault
    clearimng down wheat i didnt go reading all the pms about how sexy the girls think i am i just changet the sug and t the avatar and told you stariaght away

You do love chaos though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

You do love chaos though!

its acually officially my religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

So some very basic analysis.

game related: villagers are 4/5. i didn't look into any specific reasons why villagers are doing do well. off the top of my head.... in game 5 losing 2 wolves off the bat was a factor, rather than being imbalanced.
    game 4, tigger (dracula) took out carrie, tigger also died, and outed shaepshifter on first day. vampires were decimated, so odds were in villagers favour.
    cant remember games 1-3.

other: views are way down - need to attract people to the forum. posts are also down, but game 5 was over pretty quickly.

i would also hazard a guess that of the 115 total participants its probably made up of 30-40 players, with a few only playing 1 game.

someone suggested earlier giving new players a golden ticket for 1st round, which is a good idea IMO. it'll keep people interested. its also easy for a simple villager to not get involved as they think they dont have a role to play. i dont know of any way around this - everyone cant have a role.

NRV is the best role in the game imo. Now I do like to play other roles occasionally but it's the NRV role that's the easiest and you can do anything as it doesn't matter really if you die.

• Advertisement

So some very basic analysis.

game related: villagers are 4/5. i didn't look into any specific reasons why villagers are doing do well. off the top of my head.... in game 5 losing 2 wolves off the bat was a factor, rather than being imbalanced.
    game 4, tigger (dracula) took out carrie, tigger also died, and outed shaepshifter on first day. vampires were decimated, so odds were in villagers favour.
    cant remember games 1-3.

other: views are way down - need to attract people to the forum. posts are also down, but game 5 was over pretty quickly.

i would also hazard a guess that of the 115 total participants its probably made up of 30-40 players, with a few only playing 1 game.

someone suggested earlier giving new players a golden ticket for 1st round, which is a good idea IMO. it'll keep people interested. its also easy for a simple villager to not get involved as they think they dont have a role to play. i dont know of any way around this - everyone cant have a role.

My figures tell me there have been 51 individual players so far in all the 5 games, but that's only taking the names from the OP's and not looking at things like back up players (I assumed that anyone who came in as a back up played again or before it).

I think we'll easily get 25 odd players for the next game but we definitely need to attract and keep more players. To be fair a lot of the players in the last game were either new, or had only played since game 3 or 4 so we are getting new people every game. If we can keep on getting 3/4 new players and retain 1/2 each time then I think we'll be golden.

As for balancing, I think the wolves should have at least 1 more win however they've been hugely unlucky a few times.

Advertisement