Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 trotskyite1

Hi everyone. was thinking about going away for a month in the summer. If an EOI comes out while I'm away is there anything I would need to be in country for to do in the few weeks after if I was accepted? If that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

I had it written down but I can't find it. There is the Occupational Health you have to be in the country for. I think that's it but don't hold me on it.

I had it written down but I can't find it. There is the Occupational Health you have to be in the country for. I think that's it but don't hold me on it.

Hana98 wrote: »
    so you'd have a few weeks to do that so after you accept the place?

I think you're supposed to go to Tullamore. Not sure exactly what you mean.

• Advertisement

I think you're supposed to go to Tullamore. Not sure exactly what you mean.
    sorry knew that wasn't clear. What I was asking was if I get accepted via email when I'm away on holiday when do I need to be back in country to do eg background checks, physical etc?

I'm not sure when. I had the same dilemma. I rang them up and asked when I would need to be in the country when they sent the last EOI out. They didn't have dates then. To answer your question, I don't know.

Did anyone ring up for their EOI? It looks like I'm good to go through please God. We'll see tomorrow or day after though.

Just thought I'd let people know, training places to be offered later this afternoon. I'm in. Now for the next part. Exciting times ahead!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ziballz87

Just thought I'd let people know, training places to be offered later this afternoon. I'm in. Now for the next part. Exciting times ahead!!!!!!

Congrats! I'm in too. Very exciting!

• Advertisement

Congratulations! I'll be seeing you in May :)

Congratulations! I'll be seeing you in May :)

See you in May! 🀗

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭luimneachboy

Anyone on here that got a place or still on panel have any idea or their thoughts on is their many people on panel that actually have no interest in taking a place and have just never had their names removed from panel.. Thoughts please

Anyone on here that got a place or still on panel have any idea or their thoughts on is their many people on panel that actually have no interest in taking a place and have just never had their names removed from panel.. Thoughts please

I'm not sure about that but I would say quite a few people just cannot afford dublin at the moment. It's very hard if not impossible to find a place to live here at the moment. Also the time of year this has come up might also put people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭luimneachboy

Has anyone been placed in the 50s in overall panel and got a college place or didnt have a high enough OOM to get a place be it ballinalsoe or tallagh. Disregard the lastest EOI of course

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jen25

Hi guys just wondering once we have submitted our interest in moving to the next stage of recruitment, do we hear anything back from them today ?

I got an email from then this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Roisinabc144

Hi, starting in the Tallaght class in May! Just wondering to we get paid straight away or do we only get paid for placement? Thanks

Hi, starting in the Tallaght class in May! Just wondering to we get paid straight away or do we only get paid for placement? Thanks

Hey! Me too! We get paid for the whole two years. From what I gather it's every two weeks. Starting salary is 25,702 I think with an additional tax free 200 for each of the placement and ambulance weeks in the first year (which make up 20 in total). I am in the same boat as you, this is info from other people on this thread so please someone correct me if I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Disappear

Ziballz87 wrote: »
    Hey! Me too! We get paid for the whole two years. From what I gather it's every two weeks. Starting salary is 25,702 I think with an additional tax free 200 for each of the placement and ambulance weeks in the first year (which make up 20 in total). I am in the same boat as you, this is info from other people on this thread so please someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Yep. Paid straight away...2 weeks in lieu.....best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Maybunny

Have the students starting in May heard anything from pre-employment yet? I'm checking my mails almost obsessively at this stage

Maybunny wrote: »
    Have the students starting in May heard anything from pre-employment yet? I'm checking my mails almost obsessively at this stage

I'm the same! Nothing yet 🀔

I rang up. There should be an email in the next day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dwhite1801

Has anyone got their documents notarised yet, I heard it cost 10 euro per page to get the documents notarised by the commissioner of oath. Can the guards not do it?

Dwhite1801 wrote: »
    Has anyone got their documents notarised yet, I heard it cost 10 euro per page to get the documents notarised by the commissioner of oath. Can the guards not do it?

They could last time. Not sure about this time though. I'm waiting for the email to know for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭PadraigPearse

Alot of local councillors are peace commissioners, thats what I done. They'll do it for free

Have I missed something? What documents do we have to get notarised?

Anyone struggling to get their audiology reports and hearing test done on time, I only got my email today and the post office hardly be open on good Friday and bank holiday Monday. Not much time 🙈

Ziballz87 wrote: »
    Have I missed something? What documents do we have to get notarised?

The education certificates and other document they highlighted in the attachment last email we got before occ Health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Dubs17

Anyone struggling to get their audiology reports and hearing test done on time, I only got my email today and the post office hardly be open on good Friday and bank holiday Monday. Not much time 🙈

Yeah post office shut on Friday and Monday, I presume they will have to give some allowance for that??

Advertisement