Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ziballz87

Dubs17 wrote: »
    Yeah post office shut on Friday and Monday, I presume they will have to give some allowance for that??

They'll have to. I'm really struggling to get appointments in Dublin. Finally got an eye app for tonight but no hearing app yet. Does anyone know if it has to be the full hour long hearing test?

I just spoke to someone from the occupational health section and she said no big panic on forms, just get them in ASAP but they understand it's the bank holiday weekend etc. Also if we can't get any of the documents before sending in form (eyes test etc) we can just bring on the day of our occupation health app.

Also she booked me in for that appointment over the phone just now! Such a relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dubs17

Ziballz87 wrote: »
    I just spoke to someone from the occupational health section and she said no big panic on forms, just get them in ASAP but they understand it's the bank holiday weekend etc. Also if we can't get any of the documents before sending in form (eyes test etc) we can just bring on the day of our occupation health app.

Also she booked me in for that appointment over the phone just now! Such a relief.

Yeah same, booked in for the 16th. Said to send in application and what ever other tests I have and can send the rest after.

Has anybody else gone for their eyetest? Specsavers are telling me they can't do the colour vision test without some form I need off my employer, ID and two passport photos. Did anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

Has anybody else gone for their eyetest? Specsavers are telling me they can't do the colour vision test without some form I need off my employer, ID and two passport photos. Did anyone else get this?

I did it already. My local specsavers did ask if I had a form for the colour vision. I said no. They just had their own. They had a standard letter that said I passed the colour vision and just gave me the eye test results too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Dwhite1801

I rang them they said they give allowance for the good friday and bank holiday, they only want the form sent back and your childhood vaccinations. The eye test and audiology reports can be sent in after the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Best of luck everyone. I started in 2016 and am out on my internship now. The getting documentation ready and hearing tests etc. can be quite full on for a few weeks but it's well worth it. It's a great job. Any questions feel free to PM me as I know how hard it can be to find out simple things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jen25

Hey does anyone know if we have to submit references with our notarised documents. Ive seen it mentioned in the email we received but no actual request.

Jen25 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know if we have to submit references with our notarised documents. Ive seen it mentioned in the email we received but no actual request.
    I think they usually send you out forms for the references to fill out, I didn’t receive them with my email anyway.

Am I right in saying we can scan in everything needed and email instead of post?

• Advertisement

Am I right in saying we can scan in everything needed and email instead of post?
    No idea, it said by post on the attachment so I’ve just posted it

In the attached photo it gives the option of scanning in and emailing or sending by post. Thank God! 👌ðŸ¼

Anyone else have their Occupational Health today or the next few days?

Hana98 wrote: »

Hey have my occ Health assesment on the 11th

Hey I had mine today. Went grand. Had to get a few shots and blood tests then all the normal stuff like height weight etc. A million questions to answer but all straight forward. When is yours?

Yeah had mine today. Everything was grand. It'll all work out but worried about vaccines. Have to get one done again and Hep B. But besides that, perfect. Waiting for another email I am :D

Hey I had mine today. Went grand. Had to get a few shots and blood tests then all the normal stuff like height weight etc. A million questions to answer but all straight forward. When is yours?

Hey my app is tomorrow, can’t wait to have it over and done with

Dwhite1801 wrote: »
    Hey my app is tomorrow, can’t wait to have it over and done with

Hope the app went well!

Hope the app went well!

Hey bit of messy start but got there in the end, Jut have to get a tetnus vaccination because it so long since I had the last one.

Hey bit of messy start but got there in the end, Jut have to get a tetnus vaccination because it so long since I had the last one.

I got mine Monday, it's not sore at all just feels like a small bruise after

• Advertisement

Annndddd yet another email! Happy Thursday 😅

Hopefully references are contacted soon and Garda vetting is done. Dying for a contract I am.

Hopefully references are contacted soon and Garda vetting is done. Dying for a contract I am.

How long does the Garda vetting process take? I heard stories of people waiting weeks for them to process it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mar2313

You could be waiting up until the week before you start but everything will get done in time

Think the nurses said it could take up to 3 weeks for the blood results to come back. So I guess the nothing gonna happen in the next week. Does anyone else have to give there employer a month notice if they're leaving.

At least you can track your vetting.

Think the nurses said it could take up to 3 weeks for the blood results to come back. So I guess the nothing gonna happen in the next week. Does anyone else have to give there employer a month notice if they're leaving.

Yeah I have, reckon I’m just gonna have to take the risk and hand it in!

Dubs17 wrote: »
    Yeah I have, reckon I’m just gonna have to take the risk and hand it in!

I've handed mine in so fingers crossed

Good luck! I'm lucky that I only have to give a week's notice!

• Advertisement

Yeah same, handed it in today. Here’s hoping!!

Advertisement