Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 toger21

anyone know when you submit your docs how soon do they call you for Occupational health?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mar2313

Does anyone know what happens if you decide to drop out of the course for personal reasons?What’s the drop out rate like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Musername10

So after you get a place on the panel, what's the next step or what would I be waiting on and for how long waiting? Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Helena79

Hi does anyone know how much per week a student gets while training?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 toger21

So after you get a place on the panel, what's the next step or what would I be waiting on and for how long waiting? Thx

U will get notifications when training places become available and you have opportunity to express interest. Avg wait could be 6 to 12 mths depending on where you sit on the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

24 places for Tallaght! Smaller class than last Tallaght class. Not a chance of getting it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Musername10

So where do people stay if they get tallaght or does anyone have any tips on accommodation?

Think it's usually the Maldron or digs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭sjb25

Helena79 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know how much per week a student gets while training?

Nothing you get paid fortnightly :)
    Bout 1023 per forthnight ish

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Helena79

Is that after tax? Is there extra pay when on placement?

• Advertisement

Helena79 wrote: »
    Is that after tax? Is there extra pay when on placement?

Nope that's before tax when on hospital placement and ambulance placement you get shift allowance if applicable bout €170 per fornight before tax a traing allowance which is about €400 odd euro a forthnight which is tax free which is great but u do not get paid overtime in the event of late calls etc

Did anyone here get an offer for Tallaght?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭luimneachboy

mar2313 wrote: »
    Did anyone here get an offer for Tallaght?

Not unless around 20 before me decide to pass it up!!😦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Just out of interest! Is there any recruitment planned for next year? I assume for reading, there are plenty of people waiting patiently!

TallGlass wrote: »
    Just out of interest! Is there any recruitment planned for next year? I assume for reading, there are plenty of people waiting patiently!

At a guess ,after the 24 just after getting places yesterday there is approx 170 on panel now which includes people that interviewd 2 months ago. Dont know then re next recruitment

They said at the last recruitment there would be another recruitment campaign running in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Hana98 wrote: »
    They said at the last recruitment there would be another recruitment campaign running in November.

This month or next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 trotskyite1

At a guess ,after the 24 just after getting places yesterday there is approx 170 on panel now which includes people that interviewd 2 months ago. Dont know then re next recruitment
    were people informed yesterday if they were successful? what about if you are not were we meant to get an email or nothing?

This month or next year?

I would presume this month.

Those successful received emails yesterday - if unsuccessful this time round they don’t send you an email

• Advertisement

were people informed yesterday if they were successful? what about if you are not were we meant to get an email or nothing?

No, if u dont get a place u do not get email. After the 24 getting thier place in tallagh, and best of luck to them , at a guess theres currently around 160 to 170 on panel now. Id be hoping to get class after next one . I interviewed in july

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Liveandletdie

This boards is new to me but im wondering for any paramedics here. I have a son whose interested in becoming a paramedic when he does his leaving. Howsever he is colourblind and I tried to see online the medical standards for paramedics? Can any one tell me for definate can he try and pursue a career as a paramedic with being colourblind. Does anyone know of paramedics that are colourblind. Thanks all

This boards is new to me but im wondering for any paramedics here. I have a son whose interested in becoming a paramedic when he does his leaving. Howsever he is colourblind and I tried to see online the medical standards for paramedics? Can any one tell me for definate can he try and pursue a career as a paramedic with being colourblind. Does anyone know of paramedics that are colourblind. Thanks all

I think we got tested for it at occupational health pre employment check I can't remember for certain
    Here is the number for the occupational health department in tullamore who do the checks 057 9359141 give them a ring they are very nice and will give you the answer

sjb25 wrote: »
    I think we got tested for it at occupational health pre employment check I can't remember for certain
    Here is the number for the occupational health department in tullamore who do the checks 057 9359141 give them a ring they are very nice and will give you the answer

Thanks for that. Tried ringing but no answer , will try again. Im wondering is there an actual guideline anywhere to see what vision requirements are for a paramedic? I have sent a couple emails off for him to find out but heard nothing also. If any other person can give their views it would be great, thanks

For anyone in the same position as me, i got a reply from Ambulance service in relation to my sons colourblindness. They have said that there is no general guidelines for eyesight so hopefully he can proceed to take this career path after his leaving cert next June.

That’s great. First step for him will be to get his B and C1 licence

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michaco

I have Large Garden Room to Let
    Would suit 1-2 paramedic students. T.v, wfi, fridge, microwave etc. Has its own side entrance. Within walking distance to the Rivers building in Tallaght and on the 27 bus route & Luas line.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭PadraigPearse

Michaco wrote: »
    I have Large Garden Room to Let
    Would suit 1-2 paramedic students. T.v, wfi, fridge, microwave etc. Has its own side entrance. Within walking distance to the Rivers building in Tallaght and on the 27 bus route & Luas line.

Looking for 2 people to share a room? you'd swear there was housing crisis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michaco

Padraig whether its a housing crisis or not, I have a large room/extension to rent separate from the main house. I have a paramedic staying here already and I am going on feedback. I'm sure somebody traveling from the country paying a ridiculous amount of money to stay in a local hotel room with no facilities would gladly appreciate what I have to offer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭PadraigPearse

Michaco wrote: »
    Padraig whether its a housing crisis or not, I have a large room/extension to rent separate from the main house. I have a paramedic staying here already and I am going on feedback. I'm sure somebody traveling from the country paying a ridiculous amount of money to stay in a local hotel room with no facilities would gladly appreciate what I have to offer :)

I'm only winding you up, no offence intended :)

Advertisement