Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Skarey

Folks for those of you starting in Ballinasloe in January can you tell me how long it was before you heard from the pre employment team after receiving the initial email to say you were through to the class? Also how far along are you now, are medicals etc done yet? Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mar2313

I was offered Tallaght and still haven’t heard from pre employment. I was told there’s a back log and that it can take anywhere between 6-8 weeks from when you accept a training place

mar2313 wrote: »
    I was offered Tallaght and still haven’t heard from pre employment. I was told there’s a back log and that it can take anywhere between 6-8 weeks from when you accept a training place

We’re in the same boat so!! We’re meant to be starting on 5th Feb!!! Did they mention anything about pushing that date on? Surely they have to allow us a month to give notice to current employers.

No they just said that we’d be hearing from them in the next few days.. I might email pre employment directly and find out more

No they just said that we’d be hearing from them in the next few days.. I might email pre employment directly and find out more

Think I might do the same. Realistically this all needs to be wrapped up and contracts issued by 5th Jan 😬 With Christmas in between I can’t see that happening if we still haven’t heard from them!

Ballinasloe crew... what stage are you at??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 toger21

Skarey wrote: »
    Think I might do the same. Realistically this all needs to be wrapped up and contracts issued by 5th Jan 😬 With Christmas in between I can’t see that happening if we still haven’t heard from them!

Ballinasloe crew... what stage are you at??

Medical next week. Everything else done and submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Helena79

Does anyone know if your guaranteed employment on completion of the paramedic course?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 trotskyite1

Helena79 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if your guaranteed employment on completion of the paramedic course?
    if you pass the course certainly as they are training for needed paramedics agreed in the Haddington road agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

As far as I know, yes, unless you're a complete screw up, or there's a recruitment ban beyond the NAS'so control. There's no obligation for them to hire you, but the demand is so high you shouldn't have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

Yes once you pass in fact you are tied to the NAS for 2 years or you owe them the cost of training you

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what the situation it with parking at the college in Tallaght?

Does anyone know what the situation it with parking at the college in Tallaght?

There is an underground car park it’s the aldi one but also the back door to the rivers building I. The car park i think when I was there it was €4 a day €12 a week or €40ish for the month can’t exactly remember but around that

Is anyone due to start in Tallaght in February on the look out for a room to rent? If so, PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

sjb25 wrote: »
    Yes once you pass in fact you are tied to the NAS for 2 years or you owe them the cost of training you

They can still choose not to offer you the job, in which case you'll owe them nothing. However, the places are specified purpose which means there's a need already identified so you'd have to have annoyed the wrong people not to be offered a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Musername10

Hi, does anyone have that number you ring to find out your place on the panel?thx

• Registered Users Posts: 39 toger21

Hi, does anyone have that number you ring to find out your place on the panel?thx

ring the number quoted at the bottom of the e mail you got with the expression of interest. hbs recruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭luimneachboy

Going by recent EOI i would say there is approx 90 on panel from august and the panel before that haven't got a place yet and then you have the November panel after that

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ccallaghan

Does anyone have any insider info on NAS plans over the next 12/16 months re: course dates in Ballinasloe or Tallaght?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stephen1111

Anyone have any idea what class the august panel should make, I was placed 22nd in the panel in august but have no idea as to when I'll be called and the hbs can only give a rough estimate as to overall panel placing of between 70 and 100 somehow. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ozzie1993

Does anyone have any info on how much it is per night in the maldron, tallaght with the paramedic rate included? I'm hoping there will be some info in the welcome pack i'm due to receive!

• Advertisement

ozzie1993 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any info on how much it is per night in the maldron, tallaght with the paramedic rate included? I'm hoping there will be some info in the welcome pack i'm due to receive!
    Was €50 a night when I was in Nasc could be gon up

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭luimneachboy

Anyone on student panel hear anything about any dates for any upcoming training courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭PadraigPearse

Anyone on student panel hear anything about any dates for any upcoming training courses?

It'll be later in the year for tallaght, maybe August/September but there are no set dates yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fireskyg

Anyone any ideas when the next EOI is coming out for Ballinasloe??

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

EOI for Tallaght out for May. 32 places. Don't know if i'll be high enough but going to express interest. Exciting times!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ziballz87

Very exciting! Fingers crossed for everyone! I rang and asked about ballinasloe and whether they could confirm it'd be coming up soon too, of course they couldn't 🀔 But he did acknowledge the fact they usually come together so for all you guys looking for Ballinasloe I'd be feeling hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dubs17

At what stage can you ask for your oom? Should you wait till after the deadline?

Dubs17 wrote: »
    At what stage can you ask for your oom? Should you wait till after the deadline?

You can call and ask any time. I asked today and got mine- it's updated now after the last recruitment but will change over the next few days.

In case it's of any use to anyone- I was number 55 on panel this time around and I'm currently number 3 OOM.

• Advertisement

In case it's of any use to anyone- I was number 55 on panel this time around and I'm currently number 3 OOM.

Advertisement