Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 toger21

Skarey wrote: »
    Do they send the offer to proceed to pre employment checks to the top 24, wait for the yay's and na's and then contact the next person on the OOM a few days later in order to fill the class?

Yes exactly if any of the top 24 decline they offer to next ranked accordingly. Think you have 24 hrs to accept or decline could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Skarey

Ahh you should get in so @toger21, bound to be a few that won't accept it as mentioned by @luimneachboy

Fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭luimneachboy

Skarey wrote: »
    Do they send the offer to proceed to pre employment checks to the top 24, wait for the yay's and na's and then contact the next person on the OOM a few days later in order to fill the class?

Who ever is in top 24 gets 24hours to confirm. After that u confirm or u dont. Ones who dont confirm stay on panel and number 25, 26 etc get contacted

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Helena79

Oh yessss made it through to the next stage.... delighted ����

Is there anyone here from Cork that got through so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Sanya12

You heard it hear first. If your order of merit was 25 u will get in . On average 3 to 4 will express interest but don't accept . I will b waiting a long time yet but for those that were order of merit 30 to 40ish, Tallagh EOI will b on in the next week or two. And dont be surprised either,, if u had an order of merit of for example 45 for Ballinasloe you could see your order of merit for Tallagh the same if not 5 places lower like 50. Much more want tallagh. Unfortunately for me i want ballinasloe so wont even express interest in Tallagh ( wudnt get it anyway) maybe next summer i might get lucky

I sooo hope you are right! I'm 26th. It will be a sleepless night for me!
    Congratulations to all who got it!

Sanya12 wrote: »
    I sooo hope you are right! I'm 26th. It will be a sleepless night for me!
    Congratulations to all who got it!

Nights!!!! Twill be monday before u hear id say

Nights!!!! Twill be monday before u hear id say

Make that Tuesday then, as it is a bank holiday. ☹️

Sanya12 wrote: »
    Make that Tuesday then, as it is a bank holiday. ☹️

Thats why u will prob get Ballinasloe now and I'll b waiting another 12 months😂

Thats why u will prob get Ballinasloe now and I'll b waiting another 12 months😂

I hope you are right. It's such a pain, sitting in limbo waiting for EOIs to come out!

• Advertisement

Lads fair play to those that got Ballinasloe and will get Tallagh shortly. For everyone else the wait goes on but I'm just looking for yer general ideas. Some say that courses at both locations run every 3 months but historically is there any evidence to support this? Looks to me 2 maybe 3 if your lucky ,run annually at any one location....

Lads fair play to those that got Ballinasloe and will get Tallagh shortly. For everyone else the wait goes on but I'm just looking for yer general ideas. Some say that courses at both locations run every 3 months but historically is there any evidence to support this? Looks to me 2 maybe 3 if your lucky ,run annually at any one location....

Well Luimneachboy, you were correct. I got my notification today of a place... soooo delighted fingers crossed for everyone else that their wait won't be too long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mar2313

@toger21 knew you’d get it. Delighted for you!

many thanks was in a boring work meeting today and when i glanced at the phone i nearly jumped off the chair....
    you hoping for Tallaght?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mar2313

I’d say so!! Yeah I’m holding out for Tallagh. Anyone else here hoping for Tallaght in feb?

Ya... At this stage id take tallagh, ballinalsoe or ballybunion if they put course on there!!! Im well off yet. After this round im still well down overall. Long bloody wait cos i dont think they will run every 3 months unfortunately!!

For anyone on here that have either got their place or know for sure when they will get going, can ye advise in your own cases how long ye were waiting from application date to college start date? Cheers

I had my interview in May. expressed interest for Tallaght for sept but didnt' get it. then now i got ballinasloe. so all in all, 10 months.

Anyone Else starting in Ballinasloe in Jan?

Am starting in January can't wait

• Advertisement

Does anyone know when u start getting paid while ur training and how much you get?

Helena79 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when u start getting paid while ur training and how much you get?

I think its around €495 ish per week GROSS while in college. Paid fortnightly. I think there is a small allowance with that while out on placement.
    Im sure though someone "in" can expand for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭sjb25

Helena79 wrote: »

You get paid fortnightly €26702 basic per year is starting wage of i remember rightly it was 2 weeks before our first pay
    You are on basic pay while in college
    When on placements you get a training allowence of 200odd euro cannot remember exact figure per week so 400odd a fortnight which is tax free so that's great
    you also get shift pay and Sunday/Saturday pay on placements (if you are rostered for Sundays but you do not get this when in college basic flat pay only in college

sjb25 wrote: »
    You get paid fortnightly €26702 basic per year is starting wage of i remember rightly it was 2 weeks before our first pay
    When on placements you get a training allowence of 200odd euro cannot remember exact figure per week so 400odd a fortnight which is tax free so that's great
    you also get shift pay and Sunday/Saturday pay on placements (if you are rostered for Sundays but you do not get this when in college basic flat pay only in college

Thanks. Do you know for your placements in 1st year (3rd crew) do they put you in your local/nearest ambo base?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

sjb25 wrote: »

When you say placements, is that for all of the clinical, supernumerary, and undergrad placements, or are you talking about the 12-month internship stage? What way do they work holidays, I assume during the college period they are fixed around exam times, and then during the internship stage you have more flexability?

toger21 wrote: »
    Thanks. Do you know for your placements in 1st year (3rd crew) do they put you in your local/nearest ambo base?

Normally yes for 3rd person

ectoraige wrote: »
    When you say placements, is that for all of the clinical, supernumerary, and undergrad placements, or are you talking about the 12-month internship stage? What way do they work holidays, I assume during the college period they are fixed around exam times, and then during the internship stage you have more flexability?

No 12 month internship is different I was talking about undergrad so all 3rd person placements so the hospital 4 week ambulance and 12 week ambulance placements
    The internship year you sign another new contract as a post grad intern you are still on the basic starting wage of €26702 but obviously get shift allowance and sat Sunday premium also

In the college so first year your holidays are fixed for you.
    On your internship year you will be assigned are region (God knows where)and will need to apply to your local officer for annual leave like the rest of the staff in the region so flexible yes but also depends who elese is on annual leave at the time because obviously everyone can't be off

Lads, for anyone on here that has been through it... If the student paramedic course came up in may/June or July in any year in either Tallagh or Ballinalsoe is the course for the 2 weeks induction, 1 week observing and then the 11/12 weeks of study all together in a block or is there a break for example a week in the middle for holidays?

Lads, for anyone on here that has been through it... If the student paramedic course came up in may/June or July in any year in either Tallagh or Ballinalsoe is the course for the 2 weeks induction, 1 week observing and then the 11/12 weeks of study all together in a block or is there a break for example a week in the middle for holidays?

It really depends when you start and availability of instructors for stuff like driving but they do follow a similar timetable only example I can give you is what I did to give you an idea so I started in November
    We had x2 weeks induction
    X1 week ambulance observers
    X4 weeks classroom
    X2 weeks annual leave (Xmas)
    X6 weeks classroom
    X5 weeks hospital
    X3 weeks ambulance
    X2 weeks exam prep and exams
    X12 week ambulance
    X2 week exam prep and exams
    X1 week phtls
    X2 weeks annual leave