Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump (I'm Worried)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

What I don't like about trump is that he is not classy. He is very comical and he is not afraid to speak his thoughts but his mouth is too big to even call him a gentleman.

I accept that he may be the next president because the US seems to love him and its their choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

theres no chance for trump-he talks $hit -every speech is the same wining,we are not winning,we will be winning.Guns for everyone-yeah thats cool,he compares EU where 100 were killed when everyday in US they have x5 that death rates from people killing each because of anyone being able to lay hands on gun.

Stop large companies evading taxes and bring jobs back to US - keep dreaming every company will take off,even his own retail business is in china sweat shops making ties :rolleyes:

Make countries like china or Mexico pay taxes and build a wall :D when US borrowed into trillions from them over decades,and mexico showing middle finger since they will lose 0 if they wont agree to some silly dream of his,id imagine many countries would turn against US.

he havent pinpointed any single approach besides just saying crap that brainwashed public wants to hear we will do it,but once i get into the office type of talk.

Then the trash pouring on Obama-given that he got into the office when worst recession ever hit and managing to turn it around-seems everyone forgotten they still have jobs and economy is turning for better.

only person who makes sense is Bernie but hes to old by the looks of it,since he wants to implement same education system like in EU where its free for many or nothing like in US where one finishes college with 100k in debt,Hillary while not favorite id imagine would take over some of his ideas to get nominated and carry on as normal.

Since by the way trump talks its second hitler coming,none the less will be entertaining to watch him go down in fire for years to come,and everyone making mockery of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Superhorse wrote: »
    For the people complaining about Trump have they actually sat down and listened to Ted Cruz's policies? How that's frightening right there.

" I hope Trump doesn't get in as he too far right, lets hope Cruz stops him"

I have heard that sentiment for months now, have these people actually studied Cruz whatsoever? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,857 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Funny you say that then why does it matter Trump does get in?

It will have little bearing who gets in the way both houses have conducted themselves as of late.

Trump is just trolling the GOP at this stage.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

Thing about Trump is that his opponent is going to have so much ammo against him come the actual election. All politicians have their dirt on them, but Trump, being the pseudo reality star he is has never distanced himself from it systematically as a career politician would. On the contrary, he's embraced how he's seen. This has endeared him to the angry white voters, but they may not be enough to win the thing come November as the undecideds and traditionalists and evangelicals take a closer look at the man and decide they really don't want him with his finger on the button.

• Advertisement

You don't think Trump hates Muslims and Mexicans?

No, he's just using them as a political tool and playing people's fears. And it's funny 'cause he's the master of saying two things in one sentence about these people just so he's not seen as going all out.

"Don't get me wrong - I love the Mexicans people. I've done many deals with Mexicans. I own golf courses in Mexico. I have a Mexican maid. All I'm saying is a good proportion of the Mexican people who come here probably going to take your job and rape your daughter. That's all I'm saying."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Hope he get's in tbh just to annoy the liberal leftie do gooders. CNN in particular will call a national day of mourning.
    :confused: CNN is left wing now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmySnails

He cancelled his rally in Chicago last night after things got violent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-35791008

https://mobile.twitter.com/RUthIess187/status/708482144943734784

Probably for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Hope he get's in tbh just to annoy the liberal leftie do gooders.

Why? Do you have a safe haven on another planet?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

JRant wrote: »
    Now, I'm no apologist for the drone ranger but how was he supposed to implement anything when the GOP controled both houses?

Weren't both houses Democratic controlled for the first two years of his presidency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Anytime I go onto reddit in the evening it's all about bernie sanders.
    The comments are even more cringier than trump running. Some think bernie is be all and end all and this great white shining light that will guide them to the promised land of equality.

Some truly bizarre people out there

Or maybe they just don't want to see the Goldman Sachs candidate - Hillary Clinton getting into The Oval Office. A woman who laughed on camera, upon learning that Gaddafi had been executed by a roadside kangaroo court..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Or maybe they just don't want to see the Goldman Sachs candidate - Hillary Clinton getting into The Oval Office. A woman who laughed on camera, upon learning that Gaddafi had been executed by a roadside kangaroo court..

Is there video of that online?
    Trump wants to go after "terrorists " families,

20Cent wrote: »

I've heard Trump being called an isolationist, but how can you be an isolationist when you openly advocate more strikes on foreign soil and target people that you deem guilty by association?

Anyway, here's Hilary laughing about Gaddafi's death -

briany wrote: »
    I've heard Trump being called an isolationist, but how can you be an isolationist when you openly advocate more strikes on foreign soil and target people that you deem guilty by association?

Because trump changes his mind all the time and usually says whatever pops into his head at that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Sure Obama is doing that for years with double tap drone strikes.

The Brookings institute says that for every militant killed in a drone strike, on average 10 civilians also die.

Obama took drone strikes to a level never seen before, Obama has killed far many more civilians than Bush did with drones.

Killing the families of terrorists has been going on for years, but a lot of the media won't say anything bad about the Democrats.
    If the Republicans had acted like the Democrats in power for the past 7 years plus, they would be denounced for what they have done with drones.
    Obama immediately stepped up drone attacks when he got power, and I don't think anyone would say the world is safer now than when he took power in 2009.
    Yet the Republicans are the crazy people.

The Democrats have been too cosy with the Sunni Islam nations like Saudi Arabia and too easily influenced by them. The Saudis inflamed the conflict in Syria.
    It looks like when it got too late they saw Iran as being by far the lesser evil in the Middle East, and made peace with them.

So if Trump wants to target the families of terrorists, that is not a change of what has been happening, most of the civilians who die in drone attacks are family members.

RobertKK wrote: »

The Brookings institute says that for every militant killed in a drone strike, on average 10 civilians also die.

Obama took drone strikes to a level never seen before, Obama has killed far many more civilians than Bush did with drones.

Killing the families of terrorists has been going on for years, but a lot of the media won't say anything bad about the Democrats.
    If the Republicans had acted like the Democrats in power for the past 7 years plus, they would be denounced for what they have done with drones.
    Obama immediately stepped up drone attacks when he got power, and I don't think anyone would say the world is safer now than when he took power in 2009.

The Democrats have been too cosy with the Sunni Islam nations like Saudi Arabia and too easily influenced by them. The Saudis inflamed the conflict in Syria.
    It looks like when it got too late they saw Iran as being by far the lesser evil in the Middle East, and made peace with them.

So if Trump wants to target the families of terrorists, that is not a change of what has been happening, most of the civilians who die in drone attacks are family members.

That makes it ok then?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'd be more worried if Cruz was elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That makes it ok then?

I never said it did, but it is being told as if it would be a policy change.

There is a case for the use of drones, but given Obama authorises a kill list every week, it has been argued that many are very low level targets, and that some are simply farmers who have fertiliser for their crops, not fertiliser to make bombs.

It could easily be argued the drone program is creating more terrorists than it is taking out, going by how indiscriminate they are.

I would hope the next President will not be as flahulach as Obama has been with drone strikes.

I never said it did, but it is being told as if it would be a policy change.

There is a case for the use of drones, but given Obama authorises a kill list every week, it has been argued that many are very low level targets, and that some are simply farmers who have fertiliser for their crops, not fertiliser to make bombs.

It could easily be argued the drone program is creating more terrorists than it is taking out, going by how indiscriminate they are.

I would hope the next President will not be as flahulach as Obama has been with drone strikes.

Trump has said he would specifically target families, that would be a policy change and illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Ice Maiden wrote: »
    How is Trump no worse than Obama? Be honest now, admit if you're just saying sh-t for the craic.

I'm sure Trump won't agitate blacks to go out and murder police officers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Yeah it wouldnt be good if he got elected. But come on, some people are acting like it would be the end of the world. Ive seen people say theyre legitimately terrified for their lives because theyre non white , poor, gay, female etc :roll eyes: Ridiculous.. And the comparisons to hitler are beyond cringeworthy

Hes not a great guy and he will not make a good president, but if you think he's going to be having gays and blacks lynched then you're even stupider than him

Weren't both houses Democratic controlled for the first two years of his presidency?

Yeah, I think they were.

All very true but it must be remembered that the Republicans are the crazy people. Look at who Trump is running against. Cruz is batshït crazy by any metric you want to use.

The military have such power in the White House now that it will take something/someone extraordinary to break their hold.

I read somewhere (I'll try find it later) that Obama doesn't actually sanction each individual drone strike. It's left in the hands of lawyers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Ice Maiden

Well he a big friend of the a Former Saudi Arabian king who had a say in 9/11 for starters

Not too many relatives were pleased with that and rightly so.
    meepins wrote: »
    I asked how is Obama as bad as Trump. Come on folks, try harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'd say you're about 2.5 responses away from "Oh but Hillary..."

They're a reliable bunch if nothing else, the Trump rubes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

briany wrote: »

Yeah Hillary should not have done that. Bad diplomacy and she is running on being good dealing with foreign heads of state.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Tonight, the media story is all about a protester who tried to storm the stage at a Trump rally....but I wouldn't be surprised if it was stage managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What calling a murder a friend isn't bad enough no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

meepins wrote: »

Who did that? And who or what are "blacks"?

• Advertisement

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Yeah Hillary should not have done that. Bad diplomacy and she is running on being good dealing with foreign heads of state.

I'd say the foreign heads of state would only be too happy if Artillery Clinton became POTUS. Sure she'd be keeping even more top secret documents on the unsecured server in her bathroom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement