Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump (I'm Worried)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭ebbsy

You assuming all Americans are idiots?

There must be a lot of them then.

The Trump train is unstoppable now. Even look at the news right now. They are only talking about Trump. No other candidates. More coverage more ratings more votes.

God bless America and God bless Donald Trump, the next president of the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Billy86 wrote: »
    Nope.

I am pointing out that you accuse other politicians of being media trained and playing to voter demographics, but for some reason seem to consider Trump's 30+ years of constant media training and miraculous changes on some very core personal values to now perfectly reflect the Republican voter demographics as being completely different.

Here, I'll get you the quote...

Not sure how you consider refuting that to be a straw man.

Everyone of them are trained as career politicians, trump media training is mostly as a businessman, very different thinking.

For me, its easier to see how Trump would do than any other candidate. Most that are running will die on the same rock than Obama has but Trump has the potential to polarize and galvanise because of his choice of words more so than anything. I never said he is the better choice

There is flaws in the other candidates and they are obvious as trumps are. I find it bewildering that people have made the decision to champion one over the rest despite none of them having a ****ing clue.

For those that seem confused, I never backed trump, just an admiration for his ability to not sound like the current generation of politician. Which whether anyone agrees or not, is working!

I really couldnt give a f*ck about who wins the American presidency because we all know big business has too many inferfaces into the political system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Ice Maiden

ebbsy wrote: »
    There must be a lot of them then.

The Trump train is unstoppable now. Even look at the news right now. They are only talking about Trump. No other candidates. More coverage more ratings more votes.

There are a lot of idiots in America, there are other candidates being talked about in the news besides Trump.

I find it weird for anyone with a bit of cop-on to be ok with him insulting various groups and making fun of a disabled person.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Trigger Warning! Trigger Warning!

Ice Maiden wrote: »
    There are a lot of idiots in America, there are other candidates being talked about in the news besides Trump.

I find it weird for anyone with a bit of cop-on to be ok with him insulting various groups and making fun of a disabled person.

This policy is working so far.

• Advertisement

meepins wrote: »

Where is that Frankie single......

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Where is that Frankie single......

What's the reference?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Trump appeals to people who are poor and have no education, because he is able to demonise easy targets for them to blame for their problems, when the massive greed and inequality that Trump himself espouses is actually at the root of their problems.

A very simplistic view though, his support base is quite a broad spectrum. It's not just redneck southerners as the tired stereotype might suggest.

The guy is sustaining support from all quarters, For instance he has been endorsed from LGBT and Muslim groups. (Muslims who have fled Sharia and are settled in the States)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Legal immigration is encouraged in the States, people with skills to offer who follow the proper channels.

I would be the first person to say that all 50,000 Irish illegal aliens should be deported. They did not play by the rules. No amnesty should be given to them, just depo orders.

Watching the news just cycle in a loop, Trump Trump Trump.

He must be delighted with all the free coverage of himself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

His businesses thrive on cheap labour. That's what has made him rich.

No. Trump being born as the son of a rich man is what made him rich. His own business record is abysmal. If he had just decided to live a life of luxury on his inheritance he'd likely be richer today than his own attempts at running his companies have left him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

meepins wrote: »
    What's the reference?

Possibly Two Tribes? Frankie goes to hollywood stylie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

I have a few bob on him and anybody whose brain isn't located in their arse should get down to the bookies and ride it until the wheels come off.
    What odds did you get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hillary Clinton is far worse than Trump.
    She was a cheerleader for the removal of Gaddafi as secretary of State, the country now is a terrorist haven and far worse than it was under the former dictator.
    She wanted Assad to be bombed into submission, before Putin put her back in her box.
    She used the Arab Spring to say she was all for democracy, but when it came to Bahrain, well nothing, they could have their dictator who is US friendly, who cares if they killed their own people.
    Clinton was all for invading Iraq, she was on the same page as President Bush.
    Donald Trump couldn't be any worse than Clinton, even if he got all his foreign policy wrong and made the world a worse place, Hillary would have done it and probably a better job of making the world a less safe place.
    Though Trump has talked about how invading other countries as happened in the past 15 years as being a disaster.

I think Clinton is a worse option than Trump.

chillin117 wrote: »
    What odds did you get ?

3/1 that was a while back.

Legal immigration is encouraged in the States, people with skills to offer who follow the proper channels.

I would be the first person to say that all 50,000 Irish illegal aliens should be deported. They did not play by the rules. No amnesty should be given to them, just depo orders.

Not sure if he would deport them, but it could be harder to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,857 ✭✭✭✭JRant

RobertKK wrote: »
    She was a cheerleader for the removal of Gaddafi as secretary of State, the country now is a terrorist haven and far worse than it was under the former dictator.
    She wanted Assad to be bombed into submission, before Putin put her back in her box.
    She used the Arab Spring to say she was all for democracy, but when it came to Bahrain, well nothing, they could have their dictator who is US friendly, who cares if they killed their own people.
    Donald Trump couldn't be any worse than Clinton, even if he got all his foreign policy wrong and made the world a worse place, Hillary would have done it and probably a better job of making the world a less safe place.
    Though Trump has talked about how invading other countries as happened in the past 15 years as being a disaster.

Well said, Clinton is a republican hawk in democrat clothing. She should also be in jail over the email/server scandal.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Trump is no worse then No Drama Obama.

love see Bernie Saunders do it as he is genuine man and honest man who sticks to his principals and not willing to blow **** out of people

And lol to people degrading Trump but loving Hillary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Hope he get's in tbh just to annoy the liberal leftie do gooders. CNN in particular will call a national day of mourning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The patronising manner in which she was talking to him in that interview in is really quiet disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Superhorse wrote: »
    Hope he get's in tbh just to annoy the liberal leftie do gooders. CNN in particular will call a national day of mourning.
    ]The Huffington Post's coverage has been hilarious.

Trump is no worse then No Drama Obama.

love see Bernie Saunders do it as he is genuine man and honest man who sticks to his principals and not willing to blow **** out of people

And lol to people degrading Trump but loving Hillary.
    How is Trump no worse than Obama? Be honest now, admit if you're just saying sh-t for the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Hope Sanders does it tbh. For the people complaining about Trump have they actually sat down and listened to Ted Cruz's policies? How that's frightening right there.

How is Trump no worse than Obama? Be honest now, admit if you're just saying sh-t for the craic.

They are both full of shít. Tell me all these great things Obama has promised? And don't ah talk **** now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

RobertKK wrote: »

She's also in Wall Street's pocket.

And she's a fanatical supporter of Israel's crimes against the Palestinians.

Superhorse wrote: »
    Hope Sanders does it tbh. For the people complaining about Trump have they actually sat down and listened to Ted Cruz's policies? How that's frightening right there.
    You only said a few posts ago you hope Trump will be elected to annoy the leftie do gooder whatevers. Sanders is their hero so you've massively contradicted yourself in no time.
    They are both full of shít.
    Come on, surely you can do better than that. I don't think anything much of Obama, but to say he's as polarising and hate-mongering as Trump is just a lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

What I do hate are the endless comparisons of Trump and Hitler sure they do have many things in common, But comparing people we don't like is just a snide and tireless attempt to sabotage someone without clearly looking at the facts. Hitler was a whole lot worse than Trump is , or will ever be. There's only a few people I would consider close to Hitler - Pol Pot, Mao and Stalin. All were mass murderers and instigated campaigns of aggression and murder on an Industrial scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,857 ✭✭✭✭JRant

They are both full of shít. Tell me all these great things Obama has promised? And don't ah talk **** now

Now, I'm no apologist for the drone ranger but how was he supposed to implement anything when the GOP controled both houses?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

You only said a few posts ago you hope Trump will be elected to annoy the leftie do gooder whatevers. Sanders is their hero so you've massively contradicted yourself in no time.

Come on, surely you can do better than that. I don't think anything much of Obama, but to say he's as polarising and hate-mongering as Trump is just a lie.

Well he a big friend of the a Former Saudi Arabian king who had a say in 9/11 for starters

Not too many relatives were pleased with that and rightly so.

• Advertisement

JRant wrote: »
    Now, I'm no apologist for the drone ranger but how was he supposed to implement anything when the GOP controled both houses?

Funny you say that then why does it matter Trump does get in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement