Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump (I'm Worried)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Ice Maiden wrote: »
    Oh there is a villainy competition? It would not hurt anyone to acknowledge villainy from all quarters - there doesn't have to be denial/downplaying of one to recognise the other.

Not sure how "Gaddafi had his admirers and his detractors. The media have labeled President Assad a murderous Tyrant. The truth is distorted and we know a lot of bad groups are all over the region, North Africa and in West Asia, Saudi Arabia, Iran with huge human rights abuses in Turkey" in any way mitigates the horror of those rape/abuse programmes.

Plus, the reputation of Assad is not just down to media labelling - any chance of personal responsibility acknowledgement?

"Either with us or agin us"-ery is crap - no matter what political angle it is coming from. Why such a problem with seeing the full picture?

He is now personally responsible for getting rid of ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Red King wrote: »
    They're all abysmal. Clinton is an awful candidate. Her legacy as Secretary of State is abysmal. She'll be even worse as president. It will be a four year "**** show"

True, but if the Republicans refuse to put an electable candidate into the contest she will win handily. The Republicans will then have a choice of either throwing another 8 year tantrum, or trying to put together an electable candidate out of the mess that is their party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 794 ✭✭✭TheHillOfDoom

jimgoose wrote: »
    Fine. Just give us the oil. Then they can go and, I dunno, cook their wives and give thanks, or whatever it is they do. The oil. All of it. Now!! :D

And now we get down to the WHY.

You think money hungry Trump isn't going to go after that piece of oil like a bull in a china shop? Course he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

And now we get down to the WHY.

You think money hungry Trump isn't going to go after that piece of oil like a bull in a china shop? Course he will.

I should imagine so. Don't they all? It has to be got, and will be got, at all costs, and I don't think the likes of ISIS have the cop-on to be as afraid as they should be.

Trump gets elected.
    Goes into Syria/Iraq/Iran.
    Kills everyone (including American soldiers).
    Meanwhile, back at the ranch, he has set up a few companies investing in middle eastern oil, weapons and rebuilding infrastructure.
    America gets screwed.
    The middle-east breeds ISIS from previously converted Christians.
    Trump strokes his cat and cackles.

• Advertisement

Trump gets elected.
    Meanwhile, back at the ranch, he has set up a few companies investing in middle eastern oil, weapons and rebuilding infrastructure.
    America gets screwed.

Yup. Always the same oul' sh1t. :D

Yup. Always the same oul' sh1t. :D

Except this time we're talking serious ****. Red-neck joins ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

Trump gets elected.
    America gets screwed.

This is exactly it

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    This is exactly it

Time for 007.

Except this time we're talking serious ****. Red-neck joins ISIS.

I imagine Jack Black will be in the movie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Reagan II, then?

Raegan was head of the Screen Actors Guild, the man had more than enough experience running a creche to begin with! :pac:

I imagine Jack Black will be in the movie.

Once it's not Tom Cruise or Travolta, we are safe. If either of them appear, we know that the world is no longer sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

Time for 007.

007 these days is probably helping him do it

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    007 these days is probably helping him do it

Arah jaysis no. Lord no. No.

Time for 007.

Which one - the modern, ozone-friendly, puppy-dog in a good suit, or Fleming's original burnt-out, psychologically-damaged, alcoholic, misogynistic killing machine?? :D

Which one - the modern, ozone-friendly, puppy-dog in a good suit, or Fleming's original burnt-out, psychologically-damaged, alcoholic, misogynistic killing machine?? :D

They are currently recruiting on a mummy page in the UK for MI6. I kid you not!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I dont get this idea that Trump is mainly known for reality TV. He's was well known before the advent of reality tv

For all his faults, at least he speaks his mind unlike the other media trained circus monkeys who are playing to demographics in alot of their speeches. I find it strange that people want someone that will sugar coat their bull**** over someone that will say it as they think it, whether its right or wrong.

They are currently recruiting on a mummy page in the UK for MI6. I kid you not!

I believe it. This kind of crap is what has us where we are. Oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Think his murdering women and children policy is disturbing and illegal.

Dempsey wrote: »
    I dont get this idea that Trump is mainly known for reality TV. He's was well known before the advent of reality tv

For all his faults, at least he speaks his mind unlike the other media trained circus monkeys who are playing to demographics in alot of their speeches. I find it strange that people want someone that will sugar coat their bull**** over someone that will say it as they think it.

That's like me saying 'Hey, I hate y'all mudda****ers so I'm gonna run you like the dogs you are'. 'Hell, I was just speaking my mind!?'

That doesn't make me an honest person. It makes me a stupid hateful person.

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote: »
    Think his murdering women and children policy is disturbing and illegal.

Mmm. And we'd know all about how that doesn't work over here, praise be to God and top a' de mornin' ta yeronner, Sorr

Basically, Trump can't even guage his home audience. How is he going to engage with Russia/Saudi/Europe?

That's like me saying 'Hey, I hate y'all mudda****ers so I'm gonna run you like the dogs you are'. 'Hell, I was just speaking my mind!?'

That doesn't make me an honest person. It makes me a stupid hateful person.

You are making zero sense and I never called him honest.

You are making zero sense and I never called him honest.

Howya Donald. Now, while I have ya here.... Can I tell you about how I view your foreign policy? And then I'll start on your domestic policy.

Donald?

Donald?

Donaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllldddddddddddddddddd?????

Is it because I is white???????

Howya Donald. Now, while I have ya here.... Can I tell you about how I view your foreign policy? And then I'll start on your domestic policy.

Donald?

Donald?

Donaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllldddddddddddddddddd?????

Is it because I is white???????

Ahhh ok, lay off the drugs!

Whats your foreign and domestic policy btw? I'm sure its without flaw...

Ahhh ok, lay off the drugs!

Whats your foreign and domestic policy btw? I'm sure its without flaw...

I refuse to engage with posters who accuse me of drug use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

For all his faults, at least he speaks his mind unlike the other media trained circus monkeys who are playing to demographics in alot of their speeches. I find it strange that people want someone that will sugar coat their bull**** over someone that will say it as they think it, whether its right or wrong.
    You mean like when he changed his opinion from pro-legalisation to anti-legalistion on drugs?

Or when he went from calling himself "pro choice" on abortion, to now being "pro life" (barring rape, incest, or the mothers life being in risk... depending on where in the pregnancy they are).

Or maybe when he went from being an advocate of background checks for guns, and banning the likes of assault rifles, to now saying "the Second Amendment is right, not a privilege,” and that he “do[es] not support expanding background checks.”

Could it have been how he went from being all for universal health care, to rallying as loudly as possible against it nowadays?

And let's not forget, he's been very, very pally with the Clintons for a hell of a long time and has donated to several of their political campaigns.

You said he is not like the "other media trained circus monkeys who are playing to demographics in alot of their speeches"... but his actions and words say completely otherwise.

All this "at least he tells it like is it/speaks his mind/etc" is completely wrong, I don't recall ever seeing someone having such a low percentage of truth/semi truth (7%) compared to lies/mostly lies (78%) on Politifact ever before. He's taking dishonesty, flip flops and pandering to a whole new level.

I refuse to engage with posters who acuse me of drug use.

Very defensive. Not able to rise above criticism and make your point? Or you just like throwing out phrases without any substance and filled the togs when called on it.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    You mean like when he changed his opinion from pro-legalisation to anti-legalistion on drugs?

Or when he went from calling himself "pro choice" on abortion, to now being "pro life" (barring rape, incest, or the mothers life being in risk... depending on where in the pregnancy they are).

Or maybe when he went from being an advocate of background checks for guns, and banning the likes of assault rifles, to now saying "the Second Amendment is right, not a privilege,” and that he “do[es] not support expanding background checks.”

Could it have been how he went from being all for universal health care, to rallying as loudly as possible against it nowadays?

And let's not forget, he's been very, very pally with the Clintons for a hell of a long time and has donated to several of their political campaigns.

You said he is not like the "other media trained circus monkeys who are playing to demographics in alot of their speeches"... but his actions and words say completely otherwise.

All this "at least he tells it like is it/speaks his mind/etc" is completely wrong, I don't recall ever seeing someone having such a low percentage of truth/semi truth (7%) compared to lies/mostly lies (78%) on Politifact ever before. He's taking dishonesty, flip flops and pandering to a whole new level.

Have you never changed you mind on anything?

Regardless of what you think of Trump, most people have but yet politicians are expected to live by their first stance. Hypocritical at least

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement