Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I missed the knighting, going to go back to the day one controller so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What do we have here?

We have a year warranty. You need to speed to support and they will also register your box with it, make sure to specify that you bought the controller as a standalone version. I'm in the process of returning mine for a repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

My controller keeps disconnecting when I press the right thumb stick. I got it in GameStop in July using my debit card and using the GameStop rewards card. Would I still be able to get a replacement receipt. Xbox support need it to verify the time I bought it. Or even better what are the chances of GameStop exchanging the faulty one

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Carroller wrote: »
    My controller keeps disconnecting when I press the right thumb stick. I got it in GameStop in July using my debit card and using the GameStop rewards card. Would I still be able to get a replacement receipt. Xbox support need it to verify the time I bought it. Or even better what are the chances of GameStop exchanging the faulty one

Sorry to hear that.

I would imagine that GameStop may refer to MS support for the replacement, as GameStop's policy is to only take care of hardware replacements for the Elite Controller for up to 3 months after purchase. You may squeak in depending on date of purchase.

If they refer to you MS try doing the online chat support, i found it to be pretty straightforward as long as you have serial numbers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

If you paid by Debit card you'll have proof of the transaction

Bring it back to gamestop, wouldn't be dealing with MS at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sorry to hear that.

I would imagine that GameStop may refer to MS support for the replacement, as GameStop's policy is to only take care of hardware replacements for the Elite Controller for up to 3 months after purchase. You may squeak in depending on date of purchase.

If they refer to you MS try doing the online chat support, i found it to be pretty straightforward as long as you have serial numbers etc.

But the retailer should replace, repair or refund for up to 24 months.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    But the retailer should replace, repair or refund for up to 24 months.

Tried that line and the normally nice staff were adamant this was their and MS's policy.

I'm terrible at confrontation though - could always try putting your foot down and making a stand for the consumer!

Tried that line and the normally nice staff were adamant this was their and MS's policy.

I'm terrible at confrontation though - could always try putting your foot down and making a stand for the consumer!

It doesn't matter if it's their policy or not. Sales of Goods Act is what applies and the product is expected to last and be useable for a reasonable time (generally 2 years is the time frame mentioned) and who you purchased with is the person you deal with.

It doesn't matter if it's their policy or not. Sales of Goods Act is what applies and the product is expected to last and be useable for a reasonable time (generally 2 years is the time frame mentioned) and who you purchased with is the person you deal with.

I remember my leaving cert business class just fine Emmet :D

Not that it's an excuse, but i had my controller replaced within 9 days which was a pretty fast turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

As said, go in and stand firm, check that they have a replacement in stock first so they can't say no because they're out of stock or some bs.

9 day turnaround? I sent a standard controller back to MS on three occasions, 21 days was the quickest turnaround I got.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Liamalone wrote: »
    As said, go in and stand firm, check that they have a replacement in stock first so they can't say no because they're out of stock or some bs.

9 day turnaround? I sent a standard controller back to MS on three occasions, 21 days was the quickest turnaround I got.

Not controller related, but I've sent a Microsoft Band 2 off for repair twice and got it back within 5 days.

It's why I'm always perplexed at reports of poor MS service, I've always found them to be great and helpful. I've never had any experience with the web chat guys though, so maybe that's the difference.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gamestop don't care about such frivolous things as consumer rights etc :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Atomicjuicer0

I've found Microsoft are decent with returns. They posted me a box for my red ring xbox 360, collected it and then posted me a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

Got my Elite yesterday...it just feels better quality than any of my other controllers. Still have to sit down and have a proper session with it but I like it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

j14 wrote: »
    Got my Elite yesterday...it just feels better quality than any of my other controllers. Still have to sit down and have a proper session with it but I like it already.
    To get the best out of it be sure to use the Xbox accessories app. It will allow you to customise the controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

To get the best out of it be sure to use the Xbox accessories app. It will allow you to customise the controller.

Never mind with your sound advice just give the man a bloody knighthood.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Never mind with your sound advice just give the man a bloody knighthood.

I am on strong sedatives today. I could actually behead the man by accident or even fall on my own sword :D

j14 wrote: »

Arise Sir j14 of Boards.

Peasants, no more.

*You may join the other brothers at the tavern where we have some fine ale.

9WDiZEB.jpg

Arise Sir j14 of Boards.

Peasants, no more.

*You may join the other brothers at the tavern where we have some fine ale.

9WDiZEB.jpg

I just noticed the Xbox logo now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

GameStop changed my controller for me in the end. Fairly helpful too. I don't think I'd purchase one again if it died for the price it is. Feels much better but I don't think I've used the paddles once. What do people use them for

• Advertisement

GameStop changed my controller for me in the end. Fairly helpful too. I don't think I'd purchase one again if it died for the price it is. Feels much better but I don't think I've used the paddles once. What do people use them for

Killing.... *In-game

I set it up in most games so I can press any button I need without moving my thumbs from the analog sticks. Gives me a great advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

my own personal setup is as follows - viewed as if the controller was in your hands

top right is for jump
    bottom right is for crouch
    top left is for boost (halo 5) - every other game its a second jump
    bottom left is reload

If I click in the right thumbstick it switches weapon.

it takes a while to get used to, but I'd never plan an FPS without one again. Play through a single player campaign with that setup and y the time you're finished you'll be after getting all the panic button pressing out of the way.

for example in titanfall 2, you can jump to a wall, shoot, jump off, reload and into a slide, all without ever losing control of where you are looking / aiming.

my own personal setup is as follows - viewed as if the controller was in your hands

top right is for jump
    bottom right is for crouch
    top left is for boost (halo 5) - every other game its a second jump
    bottom left is reload

If I click in the right thumbstick it switches weapon.

it takes a while to get used to, but I'd never plan an FPS without one again. Play through a single player campaign with that setup and y the time you're finished you'll be after getting all the panic button pressing out of the way.

for example in titanfall 2, you can jump to a wall, shoot, jump off, reload and into a slide, all without ever losing control of where you are looking / aiming.

Mine is similar, top right is B, bottom right is A, top left is Y and bottom left is X.

Never have to take my thumbs off the sticks with that layout.

.... What do people use them for

Well its also heavy so you can hit someone with it.

WxvvFl9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

nHdjw
    This better be worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

No more day one controller peasantry for me! Finally got my elite ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Elite is currently down to £99.99 on Amazon (approx. €119)

Elite is currently down to £99.99 on Amazon (approx. €119)

Good shout but works out cheaper in Argos. €125 for the Elite and GOW4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Got it in Argos today, came with Gears of War 4.
    Looks like it comes with 4 other games of the same game?
    Have not played any of them before, so a long road ahead!!

Should i start on number 1?
    Or go stright to number 4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Might as well start with 1, I loved 3, very good story

Advertisement