Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

sweetie wrote: »
    think I got the GAME one. Might pick up an official one now so, cheers

Yeh you won't go wrong with the official one it works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Am I a minority that prefers rechargeable AA batteries to play and charge kits?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

What's the advantage of them or is it purely price? I never used rechargeable as I came from using a ds4.

jayo26 wrote:
    What's the advantage of them or is it purely price? I never used rechargeable as I came from using a ds4.

Buy a set of Eneloops and they'll take a decade to start losing power whereas the recharge packs tend to not hold their charge so much after a year of use. You're also free to pick up a few more batteries without buying a whole new set. I have 4 AAA batteries & 8 AA batteries always charged ready to go for whatever I want to use them in. Some of them since 360 days. Didn't have to worry about buying a new style play and charge kit. Same again when I got elite controller I would have had to buy a compatible play and charge kit for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Buy a set of Eneloops and they'll take a decade to start losing power whereas the recharge packs tend to not hold their charge so much after a year of use. You're also free to pick up a few more batteries without buying a whole new set. I have 4 AAA batteries & 8 AA batteries always charged ready to go for whatever I want to use them in. Some of them since 360 days. Didn't have to worry about buying a new style play and charge kit. Same again when I got elite controller I would have had to buy a compatible play and charge kit for that.

My official Xbox rechargeable battery is still kicking ass since day 1, 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

MiskyBoyy wrote:

Perfer the rechargeables myself have 4 so two always charging

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Nope, I use a set of energizers that came with a wall charger and four batteries, I rotate as needed any they can always be used in some other device if I got stuck

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

What kind of charger do you use for those?

What kind of charger do you use for those?

A regular Energizer charger.

f4701daf6b1e8a7c28e14209d1f18eb3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I have been keeping an eye on this thread. And last week playing bf4 I realised my pad was on its way out, left tumbstick. I went all out and got this pad, yea pricey but it's so bloody good. Still trying to get used to the paddles. Just a pity you have to use a pc/laptop to configure it. Great pad though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

deco nate wrote: »
    I have been keeping an eye on this thread. And last week playing bf4 I realised my pad was on its way out, left tumbstick. I went all out and got this pad, yea pricey but it's so bloody good. Still trying to get used to the paddles. Just a pity you have to use a pc/laptop to configure it. Great pad though

You don't have to use a PC. Download the Xbox Accessories App.

On? Xbox, I had a look and nothing showed up. I'm on preview

On? Xbox, I had a look and nothing showed up. I'm on preview

It should be already on your xbox. Go to My games & apps and search for Xbox Accessories.

It will be a picture of a thumbstick like this:

1fb76186-2484-4b3f-bb1e-62f67981bf12.png?n=pan-accessories-app-l.png

It should be already on your xbox. Go to My games & apps and search for Xbox Accessories.

It will be a picture of a thumbstick like this:

1fb76186-2484-4b3f-bb1e-62f67981bf12.png?n=pan-accessories-app-l.png
    Well now I feel silly, I did a search in the store an nothing showed up, yet in my apps it's there! Thanks MiskyBoyy, and all others.*runs with his tail between his legs* :)

Well now I feel silly, I did a search in the store an nothing showed up, yet in my apps it's there! Thanks MiskyBoyy, and all others.*runs with his tail between his legs* :)

Enjoy your awesome controller :D

Lol I am, cept when I panic and hit the paddles, I'm I jumping? Wait?! I'm diving? ! WTF? Lol
    With time, just need some time.
    Thanks to all, I'm gonna buy one for my little cousin. Now I know he can use the Xbox to program the buttons, really thanks. Ya cost me a 150 notes lol. (prefer b an m shops for hardware)

I don't even use the feckin paddles :pac:

I'll have to give them a bash again. Only game I remember really using them was Battlefront, 1 for jetpack, another for grenade or so.

Jump, dive, swap gun. No need to take you're thumbs off the sticks, it helps. But only if you don't panic lol

I don't even use the feckin paddles :pac:

I'll have to give them a bash again. Only game I remember really using them was Battlefront, 1 for jetpack, another for grenade or so.
    I have chronic arthritis thanks to the paddles... but its worth it to gain that extra edge. Bad news is you can't hold a knife and fork anymore :p

I have chronic arthritis thanks to the paddles... but its worth it to gain that extra edge. Bad news is you can't hold a knife and fork anymore :p
    140512849-deformed-hands-due-to-rheumatoid-arthritis-x-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=CP10Kv0TuZZx8%2FQOddEkdTv9T4E8LrSt7cuIvzO6hWoywH9Iv%2B%2BopCRYb9ycDxAC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Got mine last Thursday but only got to use it sparingly over the weekend, haven't used the paddles yet. (Thought my top ones were broken for longer than I'd care to admit because they were brushing off the bottom pair. Eventually twigged I had them on upside down!). Do people use them much outside of shooting/racing games?

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Got mine last Thursday but only got to use it sparingly over the weekend, haven't used the paddles yet. (Thought my top ones were broken for longer than I'd care to admit because they were brushing off the bottom pair. Eventually twigged I had them on upside down!). Do people use them much outside of shooting/racing games?

I know exactly what button is mapped to each pad, so I find I can use them pretty easily with any game, but I still use a standard controller for anything thats not an FPS or driving game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Has anyone had any problems with Elite controllers? I had to return one cos the right trigger was faulty and now this new one has an issue with the d-pad, it's like the metal cross isn't sitting right on the green cross.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problems with Elite controllers? I had to return one cos the right trigger was faulty and now this new one has an issue with the d-pad, it's like the metal cross isn't sitting right on the green cross.
    No probs with mine.

Who is the seller?

Argos. It's definitely that the magnetic cross doesn't sit snugly because the green part underneath is fine when I press it. Off to Argos I go tomorrow so.

Argos. It's definitely that the magnetic cross doesn't sit snugly because the green part underneath is fine when I press it. Off to Argos I go tomorrow so.

I does the magnetic circle sit over the green cross?

jayo26 wrote: »
    I does the magnetic circle sit over the green cross?

Yeah the circular one seems fine, it's just the cross one is dodgy.

Yeah the circular one seems fine, it's just the cross one is dodgy.

I know it's probably stupid but u have checked nothing is stuck in under it or anything out of place that you can fix?

jayo26 wrote: »
    I know it's probably stupid but u have checked nothing is stuck in under it or anything out of place that you can fix?

Yeah I checked everything, it just doesn't sit right is all. Hopefully they replace it again.

This guy has the exact same problem. At the bottom of the page he says the pad clicks twice, that's what mine is doing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/452sl1/techwhere_to_get_a_replacement_dpad_for_a_faulty/

• Advertisement

Got my replacement today and it seems fine. The woman in Argos was great.

Advertisement