Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

For anyone who sent back an item through UPS, I'm in Waterford and there's no drop off point. How did you go about sending off your controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

For anyone who sent back an item through UPS, I'm in Waterford and there's no drop off point. How did you go about sending off your controller?
    I called UPS and they scheduled a pick up from my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone else not have the serial number on the battery compartment?

I finally am getting mine replaced as I have two normal controllers with stick drift/stuck left analogue sticks and the right bumper popped on the elite.

My serial number is stuck on the side of the box, nothing on the battery compartment. The chat guy told me peel off the sticker and stick it on the battery section.

2 problems with that.

- Sticker is stuck fast and I will only end up tearing it
    - Looks shady

His alternative suggestion was to cut the sticker out and put it there. This sounds mental and again, very shady??

God I hate the ****ty makes of these controllers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

I just did this and was told my controller is out of warranty :( black elite with left-stick drift...

Looks like Microsoft are replacing my Elite Controller. Is it normal that upon being sent back from Microsoft they/UPS dont send a new tracking number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

joe123 wrote: »
    Looks like Microsoft are replacing my Elite Controller. Is it normal that upon being sent back from Microsoft they/UPS dont send a new tracking number?

Yep, complete guesswork when it arrives

Received a new White Elite Controller from Microsoft. Have to say their customer service is excellent. They even sent back the custom plate on the original.

Only problem...the new controller already has a drift issue. The left stick drifts to the right every couple of flicks. Can also see it in the Elite set up menu on the console.

These controllers for being so expensive are absolutely ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

joe123 wrote: »
    Received a new White Elite Controller from Microsoft. Have to say their customer service is excellent. They even sent back the custom plate on the original.

Only problem...the new controller already has a drift issue. The left stick drifts to the right every couple of flicks. Can also see it in the Elite set up menu on the console.

These controllers for being so expensive are absolutely ****e.

I returned a white one to argos yesterday under warranty as it started on the left thumbstick just randomly creeping/drifting up the screen without any input from me.

They offered me a refund as they are no longer stocking them, apparently. Probably to do with the new model in November.

I've had 4 x Elite controllers and 2 have been replaced with issues.

Hopefully the quality of the V2 will be better because at this stage, I don't think it makes sense for me to buy another gen 1 elite.

Im kinda glad they gave me a refund yesterday as I don't think I'd want another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

amadablam wrote: »

Hopefully the quality of the V2 will be better because at this stage, I don't think it makes sense for me to buy another gen 1 elite.

When can we hope for V2 and can we order certain parts for the V1 my child lost 2 of my back paddles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mrnew wrote: »
    When can we hope for V2 and can we order certain parts for the V1 my child lost 2 of my back paddles

4th November. It's on amazon here, but you can preorder from anywhere.

The paddles are available there as well. See here for an example, but there's a few available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

CatInABox wrote: »

The paddles are available there as well. See here for an example, but there's a few available.

Perfect ill order paddles just so I have a spare V1 and pre order my V2 now thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

CatInABox wrote: »

Perfect excuse for me to spend the large amount of 'crap games for free' money, credit, in gamestop that I amassed over the last few months. :D I'd say I've the price of the controller on pre orders :D I keep thinking I better spend it before they go burst! Might preorder in GS although I've a load of amazon vouchers too that I was saving for black Friday #1stworldproblems :)

Advertisement