Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Elite controller arrived today, just in time for Gears 4 :-D

It's going to take a bit of getting used to but feels quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

qrx wrote: »
    Elite controller arrived today, just in time for Gears 4 :-D

It's going to take a bit of getting used to but feels quality.

Arise Sir qrx of Boards.

Peasant, no more.

M400464.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Today, I have ascended into the pantheon of the God's!

As eloquently as I can describe a controller of such revere........ It is very nice, very nice indeed :cool:

amadablam wrote: »
    Today, I have ascended into the pantheon of the God's!

As eloquently as I can describe a controller of such revere........ It is very nice, very nice indeed :cool:

Arise Sir Amadablam of Boards.

Peasant, no more.

M400464.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Thanks I believe to Emmetkenny who pointed out the Argos deal to me, I am now the proud owner of an elite controller :D

• Advertisement

Thanks I believe to Emmetkenny who pointed out the Argos deal to me, I am now the proud owner of an elite controller :D

Ah yes, Sir Emmet of Boards. One our first warriors to take the leap of faith.

Arise Sir DaveNoCheese of Boards.

Peasant, no more.

M400464.jpg

Don't they make a lovely couple! :D

20161022_145614_zpshgudwvoy.jpg

iLoveHeartStudio.com-Ls30-Love-Heart-Xb-Elite-4evr_zpsnjxwq6bx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Is there an app to verify that the Elite works as it should?

Playing Forza, I have felt less and less vibration from the controller, and I wonder if it's broken or the game has stopped sending the right signals.

Thanks.

JoyPad wrote: »

Playing Forza, I have felt less and less vibration from the controller, and I wonder if it's broken or the game has stopped sending the right signals.

Thanks.

I think you can buzz it in the Xbox accessories app on the Xbone, haven't tried but I am sure that I saw it at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Do ye use the paddles much? I've had my elite for like 3-4 months but I don't use the paddles at all. When I put them in at the start it just felt a bit weird, not being able to rest my fingers where I normally would. I vowed to myself I'd give them a chance at some stage but still haven't got round to it. To be fair, in my head they'd be most useful for shooters and driving games and I haven't played much of either in a while.

Am I missing out on one of the controllers main selling points or are there otheres like me?!?

• Advertisement

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Do ye use the paddles much? I've had my elite for like 3-4 months but I don't use the paddles at all. When I put them in at the start it just felt a bit weird, not being able to rest my fingers where I normally would. I vowed to myself I'd give them a chance at some stage but still haven't got round to it. To be fair, in my head they'd be most useful for shooters and driving games and I haven't played much of either in a while.

Am I missing out on one of the controllers main selling points or are there otheres like me?!?

Definitely missing out.

At first I thought I'd remove them due to miss hitting them however I stuck with them and built muscle memory and now I never hit them accidentally. They are incredibility useful and I curse when I go somewhere else and try to use a regular Xbox One controller without the paddles. They give you a great edge and are really convenient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I have used mine for battlefield for added action keys on pc and changing weapons. I use them on driving games also. I used to mess about with euro truck simulator I could see them been big advantage there but majority of games there is no need for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I only use 2. I'd have to relearn how I hold the controller to use 4. I use index fingers on the triggers and to use 4 paddles I'd need index fingers on the bumpers and ring fingers on the triggers. Tried it for a bit and it requires a light grip otherwise I end up squeezing a paddle or pressing a button in error.

qrx wrote: »
    I only use 2. I'd have to relearn how I hold the controller to use 4. I use index fingers on the triggers and to use 4 paddles I'd need index fingers on the bumpers and ring fingers on the triggers. Tried it for a bit and it requires a light grip otherwise I end up squeezing a paddle or pressing a button in error.

Pretty much what I did. The idea being I never have to take my thumbs off the left and right analog to press buttons for other functions. It gives you a great tactical advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

JoyPad wrote: »

Thanks.

download the xbox accessories app, you can alter the strenght of the rumble feedback in there iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

amadablam wrote: »
    Don't they make a lovely couple! :D

20161022_145614_zpshgudwvoy.jpg

iLoveHeartStudio.com-Ls30-Love-Heart-Xb-Elite-4evr_zpsnjxwq6bx.png
    that headset looks nice. whats the quality like??

bought an elite controller just have it setup i am now looking forward to bf1 tonight :)

that headset looks nice. whats the quality like??

bought an elite controller just have it setup i am now looking forward to bf1 tonight :)

Quality is top class altogether , it oozes high end feel. Sound is very good too and although its stereo, its very well produced. Grahamer666 also has one and I think a few others here might comment.

You will love the XB Elite controller, I am delighted with mine.

As for the LS30's its akin to wearing an Elite controller on your head :D

Might see you on BF1 so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just picked up my Elite, oh it feels glorious!

Traded in BF1 for €40, now to sell my old controller and also got a €10 voucher from Argos - not too shabby

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

maximoose wrote: »

Traded in BF1 for €40, now to sell my old controller and also got a €10 voucher from Argos - not too shabby

Welcome to the club!

Bored of BF1 already? Was thinking of picking it up but i may just wait for the first price drop instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Oh no it's a special offer on in Argos for the Elite at the minute, buy the Elite and get BF1 for €7 - making a bit of a bargain for the controller!

Ends tomorrow I think

BF1 is absolutely amazing. I wasn't really a fan of previous Battlefields, but I'm loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Oh no it's a special offer on in Argos for the Elite at the minute, buy the Elite and get BF1 for €7 - making a bit of a bargain for the controller!

Ends tomorrow I think

BF1 is absolutely amazing. I wasn't really a fan of previous Battlefields, but I'm loving it.

Ah grand.

Your drivatar is sitll consistently wrecking my buzz in Forza by the way. Always shows up on the third lap to nick 1st place.

Sir Maximoose........... I can foresee a knighting on the horizon...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Picked up the Argos deal with Battlefield 1. Sold Battlefield already as I have a copy, used a 10 euro voucher and had a spare controller that I picked up on the Groupon deal. All in all it cost me about 70 euro, couldn't say no to that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone know if Xbox will do replacements or warranties on busted elite pads? The bumpers are both gone on mine now :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anyone know if Xbox will do replacements or warranties on busted elite pads? The bumpers are both gone on mine now :(

Yeah phone don't use the online chat thing, they think we have the same bs 90 day guarantee the US have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Yeah phone don't use the online chat thing, they think we have the same bs 90 day guarantee the US have.

Must try that, my left stick is a bit.....lifty.....

What do we have here?

Just picked up my Elite, oh it feels glorious
    Bought an elite controller just have it setup i am now looking forward to bf1 tonight :)

Arise Sir Maximoose & Sir Dark-Knight of Boards.

Peasants, no more.

*You may join the other brothers at the tavern where we have some fine ale.

xY1HUyv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Aha back to back with the xbox logo!

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Aha back to back with the xbox logo!

Mirror flip those two pics and we would have a new Xbox Knights logo :D

Advertisement