Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Gizmo55 wrote:
    Got my replacement today and it seems fine. The woman in Argos was great.

Argos and Amazon my 2 favourite places for customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

If there's one thing that has been slightly disappointing about the Elite controller is the lack of a WIN button.
    For the cost, I half expected that this controller would sport a button which, when pressed, goes Boom! Game over! You are the winner!
    Would have been very useful in certain games, particularly online.

Joking aside, I really like the Elite. No problems with it so far, and I've been giving it the treatment with a week of Forza.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

JoyPad wrote: »
    ...For the cost, I half expected that this controller would sport a button which, when pressed, goes Boom! Game over! You are the winner!

I AM THE BUTTON :P

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

The missus got me this recently for the bday. What a piece of kit. It just feels perfect in your hand. I'm trying to only use it for fps though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The missus got me this recently for the bday. What a piece of kit. It just feels perfect in your hand. I'm trying to only use it for fps though

I thought you said "What a piece of sh*t" at first there :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I thought you said "What a piece of sh*t" at first there :eek:

So did I when I first read it, I had to read back over it to make sure lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I think I felt one of trigger buttons sticking a bit....desperately trying to justify getting one of these!!

btw, is there any talk of an upgraded elite? I guess they fix things that need fixing without calling it a new model, but any sign of an Elite 2 anytime soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone bought the replacements parts of eBay? My little one got her hands on the stubby thumb sticks and has lost one on me. Is the quality the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,819 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyone bought the replacements parts of eBay? My little one got her hands on the stubby thumb sticks and has lost one on me. Is the quality the same?

Let's be honest you should smash something that she loves.... The little **** :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

jayo26 wrote: »

which stick? the dome top or the one thats like a standard stick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and picking one of these up. Seem to vary from 120-150 but I am guessing that they are worth it of course :)

amadablam wrote: »
    I'm thinking of taking the plunge and picking one of these up. Seem to vary from 120-150 but I am guessing that they are worth it of course :)

A great purchase. If you play a decent amount of Xbox they are worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's the kind of thing that you don't really notice how much you need it til you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I'll be bringing back my second Elite controller to be replaced in 5 months. Last night during a tense game of competitive Overwatch the LB button cracked and came almost completely loose :(

I love the controller and don't want to use anything else but it seems that the manufacturing is not as high quality as advertised.

Am i just unlucky?

Never dropped it, and i don't hammer on the buttons. Never had to replace a controller prior to the Elite.

Very frustrating, but at least i have the Lunar as a back up. Would recommend that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

My mate laughed at me for paying so much for a controller said I was mad then he tried it and bought one himself. You cant appreciate how good it is until you use one.

We talked a while ago about the play and charge battery kit I can't recommend it enough I know some people here prefer swapping out rechargeable batteries but I'm getting great lengths out of mine and I just plug it in the odd night or morning when I'm not using it.

I'll be bringing back my second Elite controller to be replaced in 5 months. Last night during a tense game of competitive Overwatch the LB button cracked and came almost completely loose :(

I love the controller and don't want to use anything else but it seems that the manufacturing is not as high quality as advertised.

Am i just unlucky?

Never dropped it, and i don't hammer on the buttons. Never had to replace a controller prior to the Elite.

Very frustrating, but at least i have the Lunar as a back up. Would recommend that anyway.

Was the the game where we nearly won with the five man?

Some good games last night though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Am i just unlucky?

As Steve Jobs said when confronted with evidence of poor iPhone design resulting in poor reception, "You're holding it wrong"

It's weird with this generation of controllers, I've done my usual thing of not really caring for my controllers, dropping them, squeezing them in rage, and I've not had any issue at all, and yet other people have had major issues, to the point that they handle their controllers with kid gloves and still manage to break them.

There's obviously something wrong with the materials used, but it only crops up for people "using" it in a certain way. It's mad.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm on my second elite, one of the springs went in the paddle I had mapped the jump button to in Rocket League. I don't think it would have happened if I hadn't bought Rocket League though.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Was the the game where we nearly won with the five man?

Some good games last night though.

Hah, a later one which we almost managed to nearly win. Still, we had some fun games even if we lost the majority.

Turns out Gamestop won't replace the controller this time, gonna have to get in touch with Microsoft. Joy.

Just realized I can buy this on the Microsoft store using my half price Tesco credit :D

Sorry, no you can't :mad: Cards and paypal only

• Advertisement

qrx wrote: »
    Just realized I can buy this on the Microsoft store using my half price Tesco credit :D

Savage! Thanks for that. I have 200 in half price credit so ill do it too :D

ELITE CONTROLLERS FOR ALL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

makes me even more annoyed I missed out :(

Sorry lads, got ahead of myself. doesn't work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

It was the first thing I tried when I got my credits from Tesco, I forgot to mention on here that it wasnt accepted.
    Mia Colpa!

ELITE CONTROLLERS FOR NOBODY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

ELITE CONTROLLERS FOR NOBODY MONEY!

Fixed!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ELITE CONTROLLERS FOR NOBODY!

Put the sword away Failsafe, there'll be no knightings today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Sorry lads, got ahead of myself. doesn't work :(
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Put the sword away Failsafe, there'll be no knightings today :(

Public execution will take place in the castle Bailey at sunrise.

Let this be a lesson to all.

• Advertisement

Public execution will take place in the castle Bailey at sunrise.

Let this be a lesson to all.

Could it be pleaded that the execution include being hung, drawn and quartered as a mere execution won't satisfy the elite :)

Advertisement