Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I'd recommend starting on 2 paddles and progressing onto 4. Worked for me. Also gears 4 is a great game for getting the hang of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Finally gave in and got the elite in Argos today with GoW4, looking forward to getting it going!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Got one today! I can finally become a real man!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah, I couldn't resist the deal in Argos either, had one on my wishlist for ages and seeing as I wanted GOW4 as well it was a no brainer.

Wanted a second controller anyway as my brother is calling for a few days over Christmas - sign up for EA Access and have some craic playing a few sports games. I of course will have dibs on the Elite ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone have trouble with the buttons sticking? My Y button is kind of sticking and it's only about six weeks since I bought it bought it. Lightly used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone have trouble with the buttons sticking? My Y button is kind of sticking and it's only about six weeks since I bought it bought it. Lightly used.

Mine is perfect and have it ages with a lot of hours use.

I'd say return it for a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Unboxed my one that I bought recently as part of the Argos deal. Jesus, it's a nice piece of kit, everything feels very premium about it and I guess it would want to for the price.

Getting adjusted to the paddles is a big change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Mine is perfect and have it ages with a lot of hours use.

I'd say return it for a replacement.

Cheers Emmet

I'll bring it back tomorrow. Button is fine if I press fast multiple times but hold it down and it feels slow to come back up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Where would be to best place to pick up a changing kit for the elite?

A what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

emmetkenny wrote: »
    A what?

I think he means the play and charge kit. The battery with the long USB charging cable.

I'd go with the official play and charge kit. I think its about €21 in Argos. I still have mine since day 1 November 2013 and its still got an amazing charge in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I think he means the play and charge kit. The battery with the long USB charging cable.

I'd go with the official play and charge kit. I think its about €21 in Argos. I still have mine since day 1 November 2013 and its still got an amazing charge in it.

Yup, this... not sure what a changing kit is :rolleyes:

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yhh argos I got mine too it is excellent for length of charge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I got mine packed in with an extra controller, as I needed the controller anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yup, this... not sure what a changing kit is :rolleyes:

Cheers!

I know.......

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Diaper-Changing-Pad-Hassle-free/dp/B01FOKJRTK/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1480958997&sr=8-5&keywords=baby+change+kit

I've quite literally, seen some sh*t.

Finally gave in and got the elite in Argos today with GoW4, looking forward to getting it going!

Whats a guy gotta do to get invited into the tavern for some fine ale? ;)

Whats a guy gotta do to get invited into the tavern for some fine ale? ;)

Sorry no Kenneth's allowed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I think failsafe needs to be beheaded and a new knighter type person thingy appointed haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I have been using the Elite since I got it but I cant say that I am impressed, the only thing I like about it is the alternative thumbsticks, thats about it.

I have been using the Elite since I got it but I cant say that I am impressed, the only thing I like about it is the alternative thumbsticks, thats about it.

What? Are you on drugs :confused:

The build quality is much better, swappable thumbsticks, paddles, adjustable triggers and textured grips, they all add up to a much better controller than the original and I really find it hard to use a standard one now.

• Advertisement

I dont know, I'm probably just used to the Standard one, I keep going back to it and tend to forget I have the Elite.
    I tried the button mapping for some games, I was under the impression that the paddles could be used as extra buttons for certain things and not a replacement.
    Like I had one set for throwing a grenade in a game which meant the right trigger did nothing, what if I wanted it to do something? What if I wanted the paddle to throw a grenade and RT to shoot my gun. I'm just using this as an example.

I dont know, I'm probably just used to the Standard one, I keep going back to it and tend to forget I have the Elite.
    I tried the button mapping for some games, I was under the impression that the paddles could be used as extra buttons for certain things and not a replacement.
    Like I had one set for throwing a grenade in a game which meant the right trigger did nothing, what if I wanted it to do something? What if I wanted the paddle to throw a grenade and RT to shoot my gun. I'm just using this as an example.

But how would you assign the paddles new buttons? Would the developer of the game not need to create an option in their game for additional buttons?

They......well.......I'm an idiot, I assumed that I could just add the extra buttons in the button mapping

They......well.......I'm an idiot, I assumed that I could just add the extra buttons in the button mapping

No I agree with you, it'd be nice to have a few extra buttons but I don't think it'd be possible without the developers allowing us to assign extra buttons.

The best way I've found to set my controller is have A, B, X, Y on the paddles and then I never have to take my fingers off the thumbsticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Quick Question: Technically I don't have an Elite controller yet, but I reckon I'm on the Good List 2016

Does the paddle replace the function of the original button, leaving the original button doing nothing, or do both buttons still function interchangeably? (e.g. you can use RT or paddle for accelerate)

Quick Question: Technically I don't have an Elite controller yet, but I reckon I'm on the Good List 2016

Does the paddle replace the function of the original button, leaving the original button doing nothing, or do both buttons still function interchangeably? (e.g. you can use RT or paddle for accelerate)

I've mine set so bottom right paddle is A but the face button also works.

I need to mess around with the button mapping, is it possible to assign the thumbstick button press to the paddles.
    Like in some games pressing the thumbstick down will let you look behind you, can this be assigned and still use the thumbstick to move?

I thought the exact same thing, was a little disappointed. Still struggling to find the right buttons to change, dont know how people use all 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I thought the exact same thing, was a little disappointed. Still struggling to find the right buttons to change, dont know how people use all 4!
    For every game I play I create a profile and map buttons to the 4 paddles. It gives me a great advantage in multiplayer games.

• Advertisement

For every game I play I create a profile and map buttons to the 4 paddles.  It gives me a great  advantage in multiplayer games.
    Yeah I just need to get a bit more practice, getting GOW4 for Xmas so reckon I'll make more use of them then

Advertisement