Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

No worries, got a tonne of it here, I'm actually looking for excuses to use some of it atm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Thanks very much. I will avail of your offer just to see what I am missing out on. Who knows I might be converted. Address sent to you. :)

If you need any costs let me know.

Not sure if you have the other 2 concentrates mentioned but if so make this Grants Vanilla Custard clone....

Its fantastic, good to go almost immediately after mixing but in time its gets 100 times better, Im talking a 3/4 week steep.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/11224/Grants+Vanilla+Custard+my+way

That's probably really good, but not proper Grant's though. GVC is simply Capella custard V1 @15%, and Dulche de leche at 2%, some even think originally it was just Cap custard at 20%, and he changed it slightly when he began selling it. But it's definitely, mostly, Capella custard V1.

With Cap custard I find it starts to taste good after a week, and improves even more from there on. I recently made a forest fruit type custard, with Cap V1 @ 7%, and it's lush, if I do say so myself :D 2 weeks in and I cannot leave it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

That's probably really good, but not proper Grant's though. GVC is simply Capella custard V1 @15%, and Dulche de leche at 2%, some even think originally it was just Cap custard at 20%, and he changed it slightly when he began selling it. But it's definitely, mostly, Capella custard V1.

With Cap custard I find it starts to taste good after a week, and improves even more from there on. I recently made a forest fruit type custard, with Cap V1 @ 7%, and it's lush, if I do say so myself :D 2 weeks in and I cannot leave it alone.

Took me 4 attempts to let a bottle steep for 3 weeks without interfering hands!!!

I think the clone stands up v well compared to any other custards ive tasted. Ive must try the real Grants again though as Ive not had since my early vaping days.

Grant's was the first custard I ever tried. I was on tobacco juices for about a year, I thought I needed to be, or I'd go back to the fags. But couldn't ignore the hype, at the time everyone was raving on it. So I caved and joined the wait list for orders.

I polished off the first 30ml I got of GVC in no time, was ordering another before it finished. Went through a few bottles after that. Then I started discovering other sweet liquids and never went back to Grant's. The waiting list just to get a bottle was a bit much. Though, when he did send it, you got it at least 2-weeks pre-steeped [with a hand written note of thanks and a hand drawn picture :D ] If I tasted it today I could probably say what's in there, or have a good stab at it, but as soon as I smelled Cap's V1, I got that old familiar smell.

• Advertisement

When you can whip up 180ml in a few minutes, and it costs less than some 15ml 'premiums' :)

hmhVMry.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Oh man my new ADV makes me not like my previous one, and I just made 250ml of it! Anybody wanna trade for a quarter litre of mother's unicorn milk? LOL

chipfox wrote: »
    Oh man my new ADV makes me not like my previous one, and I just made 250ml of it! Anybody wanna trade for a quarter litre of mother's unicorn milk? LOL

Yeah sure, I'll trade you 250ml of my mystery dump juice :D

I dont rate anything with "Mother's" or "unicorn" or even "milk" in the title. They've been done tto death and are all the same.

It's the highest rated juices on ELR for a reason!

It's the highest rated juices on ELR for a reason!

People seem to vote for anything on there tbh, and if you check the dates on some of the top ones, they're on there since early '15 when there was very few people actually on the site. They were all voting the same stuff. All those milky strawberry ones just show lack of imagination IMO. They're the recipes you throw together when you first mix without even looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

8mm wrote:
    Lemon and puke - yep that makes sense believe it or not. FA's custard is a non diketone version so relies on butyric acid which in small amounts can give a creamy effect but butyric acid is also what gives vomit it's distinctive smell.

Ever since I read this my custardy liquids have tasted awful to me. Cheers! Haha, in the bin

When I can resist and leave my custards for a couple of weeks, I fly through them once I start vaping them. I don't care whatever is in the stuff, that Cap custard is lush once it gets a right good steep. So moreish.

Got a couple of new concentrates this morn along with top ups of butterscotch and VBIC. Got some TFA Banana nut bread, and FA Fresh cream.

The banana nut bread smells pretty much the same as their banana cream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Looking for some help here

I mixed an Apple Pie (10%) and Bavarian Cream (5%) and it's quite nice, but I reckon it's missing a little something to give it a little kick.

Has anyone any suggestions? I was thinking a little marshmallow, but I'm not sure.

This is my stash...

(TPA) Bavarian Cream
    (TPA) Cheesecake (graham Crust)
    (TPA) Marshmallow
    (TPA) Caramel
    (TPA) Vanilla Custard
    Strawberry (FA)
    Apple Pie (TPA)
    Blueberry Wild (TPA)
    Butterscotch (FA)
    Capella glazed donut
    TFA vanilla bean ice cream
    Vanilla Custard v2 (Cap)
    Raspberry (FA)

Depends on your taste. You could add 2% butterscotch, 1% caramel for a toffee apple pie, or 2-3% raspberry for a ripple effect. I would cut the Bavarian cream back to 2-3% and add in some vanilla custard maybe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Depends on your taste. You could add 2% butterscotch, 1% caramel for a toffee apple pie, or 2-3% raspberry for a ripple effect. I would cut the Bavarian cream back to 2-3% and add in some vanilla custard maybe too.

2 great ideas there - I must make a batch of each and see which works best.

I reckon if I get this right it could be a staple.

I'm working on another one with Glazed Donut, Marshmallow, Strawberry and Caramel, but it's not there yet.

Suddenly I just got sick of all my creams/custards, think it's the weather. Whipped up some old basic fruit recipes and added some INW Cactus to them, great little concentrate. Would recommend that to anybody. It's almost like a spice type concentrate that you'd always want to have around and would probably last a very long time.

It really does taste like cactus but in a nice sweet way. Fairly strong stuff though, added 3 drops to a 10ml quick mix and it's really there!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CofMixture

Suddenly I just got sick of all my creams/custards, think it's the weather. Whipped up some old basic fruit recipes and added some INW Cactus to them, great little concentrate. Would recommend that to anybody. It's almost like a spice type concentrate that you'd always want to have around and would probably last a very long time.

It really does taste like cactus but in a nice sweet way. Fairly strong stuff though, added 3 drops to a 10ml quick mix and it's really there!

Came up with this light and refreshing recipe yesterday if you're interested

Fuji apple - 3%
    Strawberry ripe - 3%
    FA strawberry 2.5%
    Cap raspberry - 2.5&
    VBIC TFA - 3%
    FA fresh cream - 2%
    Koolada - 1.5%
    EM - 1%

Been DIYing for about a month now and basically just going off the top recipes on ELR and ,though nice, they're all just fecking strawberries and cream. TBH, this is the nicest juice I've had since I started mixing.

Got the idea for this when my GF was devouring a twister ice cream and think I've got it fairly close, but open to tweaks and variations.

Missing a few but always looking for some new stuff. For some reason I started to crave fruity stuff again. Might have to try koolada out properly, but the only time I tried it was with FA Fuji and I used too much and it really turned me off it

Some flavours are really hard to work with I've found. It's impossible to mix raspberry. Maybe I'm just using way too much. FA/TFA raspberry overpower everything. I probably vaped strawberry ripe every day since I started DIY, gave it up since I "couldn't taste it" anymore and went full custard. Now when I go back it makes me feel queezy!

Missing a few but always looking for some new stuff. For some reason I started to crave fruity stuff again. Might have to try koolada out properly, but the only time I tried it was with FA Fuji and I used too much and it really turned me off it

Some flavours are really hard to work with I've found. It's impossible to mix raspberry. Maybe I'm just using way too much. FA/TFA raspberry overpower everything. I probably vaped strawberry ripe every day since I started DIY, gave it up since I "couldn't taste it" anymore and went full custard. Now when I go back it makes me feel queezy!

Aye, agreed on strawberry ripe, can never taste it no matter how much I use. For me, it's more for the background taste and sweetness it adds. That's why I got Capella raspberry (full on fruity flavour)

Re. koolada - I found it's absolutely bang on if used between 1-2% max. Adds a really nice cooling/refreshing sensation to ice cream recipes.

Great stuff it is. I've been loving it since Jno sent me some to try out, have some more on the way. It adds real juiciness to fruity mixes, and tastes pretty good by itself too. I use it in my Paradise Lost and Orchard escape recipes

• Advertisement

I haven't really nailed down a % I just added 3 drops to a 10ml mix and it was very strong. Can't imagine it would be that good with strawberry. Has a sort of citrus feel to it but I haven't messed around with it too much

Really nice with blueberry and passionfruit though. I sort of wrote of those concentrates until I added the cactus

It would easily over power strawberry I think. I've found it great as a back up to backcurrant, pear, pineapple and grape so far. The stronger fruity types, especially Inawera and FA. I've been using it at 0.5%

Can anyone recommend me a light vanilla flavour to go with my recipe above? I'd like more of a vanilla flavour coming through and the VBIC isn't doing enough for me. I have a shedload of vanilla variants here already but not looking for a heavy custardy vanilla if ya know what I mean

Bavarian cream maybe? or TFA vanilla custard, as I found that to be more of a vanilla cream than actual custard.

Bavarian cream maybe? or TFA vanilla custard, as I found that to be more of a vanilla cream than actual custard.

Those two, though nice, I find to be a bit too dominant. I'm sort of looking for something subtle to enhance the vanilla in the VBIC. I've made up two small batches with TFA French van. cream at 1%(very perfumey, will need a good steep) and another with Capella vanilla cupcake at 2%, I'll see how it turns out.

Maybe some FA marshmallow and/or meringue?

I'm loving Vienna cream these days, from FA, also just trying their Cream fresh out. If you got those? I think a 2:1 Vienna:Fresh would give a nice creamy light vanilla

FA marshmallow and Meringue are also great, I use them more as sweeteners, no real vanilla offering from them. Marshmallow will give that sweet 'stickiness' where Meringue is more like a powdered sugar. I have used 0.5 - 1% of both in some mixes and liked the effect. They will most definitely sweeten. They might just bring the sweeter side of your vanilla creams out

I'm loving Vienna cream these days, from FA, also just trying their Cream fresh out. If you got those? I think a 2:1 Vienna:Fresh would give a nice creamy light vanilla

FA marshmallow and Meringue are also great, I use them more as sweeteners, no real vanilla offering from them. Marshmallow will give that sweet 'stickiness' where Meringue is more like a powdered sugar. I have used 0.5 - 1% of both in some mixes and liked the effect. They will most definitely sweeten. They might just bring the sweeter side of your vanilla creams out

Was getting Vienna cream mixed up with one of the other creams, sorry. Seems to be highly rated alright. Shame as I've just put in an order to FA UK a couple of days ago.

It's a light cream yeah? The TFA French vanilla cream I used was VERY pungent, hoping time settles it down a bit.

Thanks for the input

Bavarian cream is a bit stronger than Vienna, flavour-wise. I think of Vienna as a nice, lighter version of Bavarian. But you still want to keep the % down with it, as with all FA flavourings, they are a little more concentrated than TFA or Capella. I know TFA have a few strong ones, I've not used French Vanilla, but generally they are lighter than most.

You know your stuff Cagey ol' chum. You got any of your own recipes on ELR or Reddit?

• Advertisement

I have some recipes on there yeah http://e-liquid-recipes.com/?filter=47116

Nothing really overly adventurous, I have more private than public, so many works in progress :D

Advertisement