Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

I've got 14ml of it here I'll send on to you if you like, think I still have your address. I see in another thread you were asking about White lightening liquids, or the Gypsy ones? Well White lightening's 'Super Cereal' has a tonne of fruit circles in it, in fact it's all I could taste. So easy enough replicate that one I knew as soon as I smelled the concentrate that's what was in some of the cereal vapes I disliked [same with Grand vapors 'Cerealized' also full of fruit circles, and I think Looper too]

I have 20ml of it here so don't send any just yet in case it all goes pear shaped, tastes change over time and this time around I might hate it.
    Thanks for the offer though and I'll keep it in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Haha, no worries, I'll prob still have it here when you run out. I would suggest starting very low on it. Always easier to add some more than take away ;)

here's the one recipe I've used it for to date:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/590397/Forest+Grump

Mixed the Fruit Circles at 6%,shake and vape and it's just about right.
    300ml of Fruit Circles out of my 20ml bottle :eek: a years supply at least :D

If anyone has 3ml of FlavourArt Custard to spare i'll gladly take it and in return I'll send you a sample of something straight from the Garden of Eden once it's mixed.:D
    Couple of Irish vendors I've tried are out of stock and it's essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

jno547 wrote: »
    Mixed the Fruit Circles at 6%,shake and vape and it's just about right.
    300ml of Fruit Circles out of my 20ml bottle :eek: a years supply at least :D

Its a tricky concentrate. I found less is more as it can dominate everything else as the steeping time increases. Make another small batch with 4 or 5% and leave it for a month and see what you think...

Both Fruit Circles and Berry Crunch have a tendency to do this in my experience.

Nice to see such an active thread on DIY juices. I shall be getting back on board in the coming weeks. Still have a stupid amount of concentrates lying around at home.

• Advertisement

Not tried FA custard, I have enough Cap V1 to me an age though

I like Berry crunch, but really don't like fruit circles. I got both to have a stab at some cereals. Anymore I want some lemon in there I'd use some FA lemon Sicily, much nicer. But, some people love that fruit circles, different tastes and all that. I think for me it's the kind of lemon they use just doesn't remind me of cereal whatsoever. I never really ate lemon cereals as a kid maybe that's why? I prefer wheaty, oaty, biscuity types, with some banana, strawberry, raspberry and nuts. Don't remember amy lemon in the likes of Alpen!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I can't believe I forgot to order 10ml of FA Custard. I could vape any custard as a single flavour all god damn day.

My e-dym order should be here tomorrow. Finally got peanut and hazelnut and a few other bits I've been wanting forever. I've completely gone off any fruit only mixes. Needs, cream, custard, biscuit, yoghurt or something milky. I got some TFA dairy milk and dulce de lecha too, they sounded pretty good.

Is anyone else completely mad for TFA graham cracker? My 10ml lasted me a good 6 months, it's really strong stuff. I'd just call it biscuit flavour, don't really know what else to call it but it's so good

I have graham cracker too, barely used it so far though as I also have INW biscuit [similar, but stronger] and FA cookie. I also love Cheesecake Graham cracker, which like a 2-for-one.

Have a thing for Greek yogurt atm, been making loads of that. And recently made up a fruity custard that turned out way nicer than expected. Made another 100ml of it other day, because the initial 50 won't last long.

Unless I got some dodgy INW there's no way that's even half as strong as my graham cracker. The GC from picknmix is practically black. I do like the INW biscuit though but it just tastes like a weak and lacking graham cracker... I dunno. I only got it because it was in that rhodonite mix but I think people just latch onto popular mixes are swear by the concentrates they use

I think I've maybe mixed 3 other people's recipes since I started, and non of them were Rhodonite :D

I like biscuit type flavourings in general, so like I say, I have a few. The Graham cracker I have is the clear one, maybe it's not as strong? Biscuit definitely seems stronger to me, even just smelling the bottle.

• Advertisement

I take it back now. I forgot this 250ml mix I made up has both biscuit and graham cracker. They're my vape crack. If all this stuff ever gets banned f*** everything

I just got a fresh bottle of Banana cream, might do something with that, graham cracker and biscuit. Mmm, some kind of banana cream pie jobby sounds good.

Got my e-dym order there, all the bottles are lovely brown amber ones with nice stickers. The postage is slow but damn they really go all out. Highly recommended

What was in the brown amber bottles? It's a decent site yeah, only thing is the postage is fixed at €6 or whatever, so only really good if you're buying bulk, not a 5-6 random concentrate purchase site, or it's not as cheap as it seems.

Every TPA/CAP/FW concentrate. Even the INW Cactus was in it's own sealed wrap thing. Picked up a s*** load of cotton for practically nothing and got a few new batteries. That and about 12 concentrates for 40 wasn't bad

Ah you mean the plastic packaging? i thought you meant amber glass bottles or something! Yeah, every concentrate was sealed for me too.

Cactus is good stuff, just reminds me I need to order more!

No all the 10ml concentrates are amber glass bottles apart from the INW one. Really fancy looking and probably cheaper than anywhere else

Dang, you got looked after! Mine were all rubbery plastic bottles - which I don't mind - but no glass!

I'm testing a mix here btw that was inspired by posts we made last night. It's a banana, graham cracker, biscuit, joy collab and it's mighty tasty already

Does anyone just taste concentrates the odd time? It's pretty much how I get all my ideas for mixes. Just the tiniest amount possible is enough to know what you're getting into.

Here's some of what I got from e-dym.pl

http://imgur.com/vt1P6UX

Also can someone explain to me what the hell FA Joy is? Got it on a whim and added it to an Irish Cream Custard that I've been trying out. The mix was nice without Joy, but a few drops blows it out of the water! What the hell is this stuff?!

Ahaha, I posted about Joy in here before, saying I didn't know what to make of it. I have used it in a few mixes now and got a better understanding of it. Or at least, like to think I do.

At low % it can add a candy-floss-ish glaze to fruits, it can sugar them up, think like a glazed cherry. It is at it's roots a sweetener, but it has a whole character of it's own too. Go higher and you'll get yeasty-bakery notes, mixed with doughnuts it really brings out a deep fried douhjnut taste. I have also found if you carry it much beyond 1% you'll get a fresh baked bread flavour. I used it in the banana bread pud mix I mentioned yesterday. because I noted that in a mix I did recently, Joy at 2% made the mix taste like a bread and butter pudding!

Definitely one to experiment with to get the best from, just keep it low and don't be afraid :D

I initially went on HIC's notes [Thanks to 8mm for that] for Joy then just experimented based on that, and found pretty similar:

FA Joy

If you're familiar with funnel cakes, imagine sugar-sprinkled funnel cakes sent on a trip through the cotton candy machine. That's this flavor. I taste zero difference in this fresh-mixed and steeped for 4 days.

You'll immediately recognize the cotton candy flavor as part of Joy. But FA's is a big improvement over plain ethyl maltol. The more you vape it, the more impressive it gets. By adding the fried-sweet-bakery flavor (like funnel cakes) and a little super-sweet vanilla, FA has made this into a very appealing standalone vape. 3% in max-VG is sweet awesomeness; 2% is danged good; over 3% is cloying to me.

Most brands’ Cotton Candy flavors fade in sweetness at the end of an exhale or include a fake-chemical flavor right at the end. FA fixed all that in their version, so it's sweet from the moment vapor hits your tongue all the way through the end of an exhale. This cotton candy is delicious all by itself, not just made to be a sweetener. Of course, that's how I'll try it next, as a sweetener. I expect Joy will show up as in ingredient in LOTS of sweet recipes. It's sure to be in mine.

Everyone DIYer who likes sweet flavors needs this one. Vape it standalone, then add a touch of your favorite fruit (or spice - Cinnamon Ceylon is good with it), then see how it works in your recipes. Try it as a sweetener for strong fruit flavors and bakery recipes.

p.s. - I saw a description saying Joy has the flavors of apple, toffee, and popcorn. Nope! (and thank goodness) If you've had funnel cakes and had cotton candy, I think you'll agree with my description.

p.p.s - yes, it makes Cinnamon Ceylon taste sweet, and it emphasizes subtle spice flavors in a recipe

You can find all his notes on FA concentrates here: http://mamajsflavorshop.com/headinclouds-my-notes-on-flavor-descriptions/. He seems to be a very well respected mixer

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, on the tasting thing, yeah I've often done a finger test, but usually I know as soon as I smell a new concentrate how it's going to blend. I don't think there's any good sub for actually vaping flavors though. They can change dramatically at times, from how they taste solo, to blended with other ingredients. I usually do a small mix of any new flavour and drip it

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Been pondering Joy (strokes chin) and was worried it might be just some EM variant giver the candy floss connection and I've given up on using EM. Might give it a bash and get it in my next flavour order.

I sometimes add some drops of flavouring to my coffee. FA's Irish Cream and their Rum are lovely in coffee - yum!

Sure, you could use them like baking flavourings. The stronger ones at least. Pretty much same thing. I imagine a few drops of fruit concentrate would work well in smoothies, or with cream desserts, that kind of thing.

There's something so disgustingly satisfying about making 250ml of an ADV for 9 euro.

Still not really sure what FA Joy is but I could see myself adding a few drops into some mixes. It seems fairly strong and has a fairly unique taste.

Running out of PG and VG now, and I thought the litres would last me forever... Time to hit up everythingliquid and get the doomsday nic too....

Yeah I was in a vape shop other day, and browsing all the new juices they got it. And all I could think was "wonder if I could clone this one" :D I have to say, the fancy shmancy packaging is attractive, I wish I had a decent label maker to just make my bottles prettier :D But I know I can match or better a lot of those 'premium' juices once I know what's in them

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

We are so wired for pretty and shiny.

Custards + lots of sweeteners is probably 90% there for most premiums.

I reckon they put a lot more effort into the packaging than the mix for sure. Last few I did sample were loaded with sweetener, like pancake man, and Crack pie. That one was good though!

Anyone know what the darkstarvapours nic freezer packs like? Any codes going? PM me if you have one... Making a doomsday order soon.

The only code I know of atm is DARK-VMR

• Advertisement

That's giving me like 2 pounds off a 90 pound order...

Advertisement