Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Ordered some FlavourArt custard, I'd rather not use concentrates that have nasty chemicals, hopefully it is nice. Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Let us know how that is. I like some FA concentrates. I'm not real bothered about 'nasties' so long as I keep them to a minimum it's all good for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Bought some premixed base, extra pg and vg and some concentrates from cloudhouse and picknmix while half asleep last night. woke up this morning and didn't remember buying anything :pac:

I've never mixed before, though I know how to. Got some pre-made mixed concentrates from picknmix (milkman, key lime cheesecake and dragon's blood) for the boyfriend (he's been demanding I make juice for him for months!) and a few different capella concentrates for myself.

This better not be sh!te!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I use FA's custard and it's a really nice Italian style custard.

HIC's notes:

FA Custard is a true custard flavor, the chef version made by cooking egg yolks, sugar, milk/cream, and vanilla into a thickened cream. FA is an Italian company, so they've included lemon zest as an Italian chef would. This is a bright, sweet, lemony-vanilla cream. Use Custard with your favorite fruits to make them creamy. The vanilla accents all fruit flavors, and the lemon complements most. If you enjoy vaping fresh fruit flavors, you need FA Custard. Gelato is Italian ice cream that begins with cooked custard. Simply adding FA Custard to your favorite FA fresh fruit flavors can give you authentic Italian gelato flavor. The stronger the fruit flavor is, the higher the ratio of Custard to fruit. If a (real food) recipe begins with egg yolks, milk/cream, and sugar stirred together over heat, then the vape equivalent needs FA Custard. You'll find it's the beginning of many cooked candies, ice cream, cakes, pies/tarts, and numerous other European and American desserts. It adds bright
    sweetness that also complements deeper, bolder flavors - like chocolate, butterscotch, caramel, maple, tobaccos, rum, and nuts. Whether you're working on chocolate-rum mousse, butterscotch pudding, or even a smoother/brighter tobacco - any time you need bright-sweet-creaminess - try adding FA Custard. You can use along with Vienna Cream to minimize the lemon flavor.

I'm liking FA's Vienna cream, when combined with their Nonna's cake you get a kind of spongey-custard. They really do love their lemon though, Nonna's also has a slight lemon note to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Nonna's cake is sold out everywhere, what the hell is going on with that stuff?

Decided to give myself an ADV break and try find a new one. Would be nice to have a couple of amazing personalised juices. Tried FA Fuji and TFA Cinnamon Danish Swirl but it's not brilliant. It's okay but feels a bit harsh. Could be the TFA concentrate though, looks fairly cloudy / crystally inside the bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

This whole custard discussion triggered the realisation that I had mixed some FA vanilla custard about a month ago so went rooting in the press and BOOM!
    8mm wrote: »
    I use FA's custard and it's a really nice Italian style custard.

I'm not the most patient person when it comes to steeping and tried the custard a day after mixing and wasn't best pleased but after a month, I wacked it into a tank and yum :P

Just mixed up another 50 ml's so I'll be adding it to the shopping list!

Most custard mixes really need a few weeks steep to really shine. They only get better.
    chipfox wrote: »
    Nonna's cake is sold out everywhere, what the hell is going on with that stuff?

Decided to give myself an ADV break and try find a new one. Would be nice to have a couple of amazing personalised juices. Tried FA Fuji and TFA Cinnamon Danish Swirl but it's not brilliant. It's okay but feels a bit harsh. Could be the TFA concentrate though, looks fairly cloudy / crystally inside the bottle

Many mixers jumped to Nonna's after cake yellow let them down. I never tried that but I heard it's a royal gunker.

Fuji apple is nice, but it's very strong I find. It can take over other flavours easily. I still get an apple/pear vibe from it, which I like. But definitely some pear. 1-2% I find is plenty enough.

I also have TFA cinnamon danish, haven't fully warmed to it just yet. Also very strong, 1% seems to offer enough cinnamon for me personally.

I went 2% of each just as a tester. Seems good for the Fuji, but less than 2% cinnamon is hard to taste but at 2% it feels like it kind of burns my tonsils. Not really sure how to take that sting out of it or if it's even possible. Might need another cinnamon concentrate.

I have some Yellow Cake on the way anyway, going to try it regardless.

Where do people get their LorAnn concentrates? I see them talked about a lot but don't see them for sale on any of the sites I use

I made an apple pie mix a few weeks back, and added only 0.5% of the cinnamon danish, I thought it was just right at that, for that mix at least. But I didn't want cinnamon to be a main, it was more a background note. I've come across a recipe using cinnamon danish at 4% though, so might try it, just to see can I make good use of it.

This one here, nice and simple, knowing me I will probably tinker/tailor it more to my liking http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/497544/The+Cheesed+Crown

Fuji is definitely plenty at 2%, you will taste it at that no matter what else you mix in.

When I started mixing I looked into all the main ones I'd heard about, inc LorAnn, and it seemed people were mostly saying TFA were better, so never bothered looking for them really.

• Advertisement

My DarkStar order is now in the PO ... an improvement of one day over last time. Down to 10 in total now, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

My DarkStar order is now in the PO ... an improvement of one day over last time. Down to 10 in total now, lol.

An Post is nearly as bad as FT,why do they take so long with deliveries,especially from the UK,it's only an hour away :D:D:D
    Just to have a rant,waiting 3 weeks for a 64GB micro sd card & still not here,time for the Resolution Centre :mad::mad:

Yeah, 10-12 days from the UK is a joke. I know DS can take a few days to process, but even at that it should take no more than a week. I've complained to An Post before, and they told me it shouldn't take that long, and asked if I had the address correct ... *sigh* they would try find a way that it's your fault of course! Of course I have the address right, or it would NEVER get here!

I will be switching to PM when we move, which will be soon-ish, as I'll be closer to the drop off for that then. Atm, the post office is just way too handy, I just need to order in advance. Timed this one just about right, ran out of VG and graham crust just yesterday.

Oh, and now I can't remember why I ordered Malted milk? :D

Just been on a thread at UKV, where members were discussing storing up nic for the TPD era. Realised 1ltr of 72mg nic would see me good for 5 years.

When you look at it like that, so long as concentrates are left alone [not sure on that one] - VG should be fine ... probably no real need to be panicking on the juice side at least ;)

Just been on a thread at UKV, where members were discussing storing up nic for the TPD era. Realised 1ltr of 72mg nic would see me good for 5 years.

When you look at it like that, so long as concentrates are left alone [not sure on that one] - VG should be fine ... probably no real need to be panicking on the juice side at least ;)

I ordered 350ml of 72mg nic from DS not so long ago and was debating whether or not to just go with 1 litre :o Did you order 1l? If so, did they stick it into amber glass??

I ordered 350ml of 72mg nic from DS not so long ago and was debating whether or not to just go with 1 litre :o Did you order 1l? If so, did they stick it into amber glass??

I only got 250ml last time, that was in an amber bottle. I had problems with the cap though, as in, it refused to open :D I informed them of it and they said they'd check caps more thoroughly. I'll probably buy 250mls here and there over time

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

I only got 250ml last time, that was in an amber bottle. I had problems with the cap though, as in, it refused to open :D I informed them of it and they said they'd check caps more thoroughly. I'll probably buy 250mls here and there over time

I ordered a litre a couple of weeks ago. Came in a 1l plastic bottle

Shinobollo wrote: »
    I ordered a litre a couple of weeks ago. Came in a 1l plastic bottle

I had a feeling it would all right! No problems either way. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Let us know how that is. I like some FA concentrates. I'm not real bothered about 'nasties' so long as I keep them to a minimum it's all good for me.

Have it steeping currently. I guess I'll let you know in a few weeks. :)

Should we be worrying about nic? I somehow doubt the juices will disappear. TFA can just trade under TPA and sell the same stuff. It's just for perfume lads, not for consumption. Just like how the headshops got away with selling drugs for years

• Advertisement

Should we be worrying about nic?

The way I'm looking at it is, I'll be saving myself from paying ridiculous amounts of money for a 10ml bottle of juice. Although, the nicotine that I do have will obviously run out in time.

There will come a time when you'll have some boyos 'mixing' nicotine in a shed to sell on the black market.

It's wealth over health from what I can see...

Should we be worrying about nic? I somehow doubt the juices will disappear. TFA can just trade under TPA and sell the same stuff. It's just for perfume lads, not for consumption. Just like how the headshops got away with selling drugs for years

Maybe not right now, but come end of this year, yes. DarkStar have already issued a statement saying they are only dealing with nic until November, after that it's whatever is left over until May, then they're out.

Companies wanting to sell nic will be restricted to 10ml bottles, and 20mg max strength. So you will definitely want to think ahead the closer that time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Maybe not right now, but come end of this year, yes. DarkStar have already issued a statement saying they are only dealing with nic until November, after that it's whatever is left over until May, then they're out.

hmmm thats interesting, i wonder are other vendors going along the same lines?

Apparently a huge amount of non vapers are buying up nicotine in the US with the intent of selling it on the black market when the FDA regs kick in later this year.

Yup, the FDA are creating a black market, whether they like it or not. The problem is, like any other dodgy market, you won't know what you're buying. It'll be cut with all sorts of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Anyone recommend a per centage of Flavor Apprentice Fruit Circles concentrate, I know some of the FA can be quite strong so I don't want to overdo it and this particular one is quite sweet. Its being added to 50/50 base, 3mg nic.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

jno547 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a per centage of Flavor Apprentice Fruit Circles concentrate, I know some of the FA can be quite strong so I don't want to overdo it and this particular one is quite sweet. Its being added to 50/50 base, 3mg nic.

Quick tip on finding and testing % to use:

Take 3ml of base and fill a small bottle then add some drips of flavour. Each drip will add approx .5 % of flavour - so to try 5% add 10 drips etc.

ELR's page for this flavour has average use at 6%:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/13024

8mm wrote:
    Quick tip on finding and testing % to use:

Cheers for that, I mixed this before but never noted ratios, your tip is good and will give that a go for sure.

I would suggest 0% .... not even kidding! It's terrible stuff. I could have sent you an almost full bottle, still will if you like it?

I used it at 1% in a cereal mix that was ... ok ... could still taste the detergent lemon from it, but it does fade after a couple of weeks.

FA are the strong ones, TFA [The flavour apprentice] are normally pretty weak. But fruit circles is fairly strong yeah.

I kinda liked it the last time I had it, but it is so sweet that I don't want to overdo it with the concentrate as I'd say there is a fine line between being good and muck.

• Advertisement

I kinda liked it the last time I had it, but it is so sweet that I don't want to overdo it with the concentrate as I'd say there is a fine line between being good and muck.

I've got 14ml of it here I'll send on to you if you like, think I still have your address. I see in another thread you were asking about White lightening liquids, or the Gypsy ones? Well White lightening's 'Super Cereal' has a tonne of fruit circles in it, in fact it's all I could taste. So easy enough replicate that one :D I knew as soon as I smelled the concentrate that's what was in some of the cereal vapes I disliked [same with Grand vapors 'Cerealized' also full of fruit circles, and I think Looper too]

Advertisement