Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

LeaveitOff wrote: »
    i'd take the money i made on vardy and run. I can't see the Leicester wheels keep on rolling.

Madness to sell him before Bournemouth

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Elliott->Rudd

0.1 banked ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Madness to sell him before Bournemouth

Maybe, but the point i was trying to make is that people need to start punting a bit. You have the perfect opportunity with 2FTs, with a wildcard to back you up.

The value of your team isn't going to count at the end.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I have 2 transfers and literally don't think I need/want to make a transfer!! Any thoughts on possible transfers or starting XI?

Butland
    Kolarov Bellerin Alder
    Ozil Walcott Mahrez KDB
    Vardy Lukaku Kane
    (Hennessey, Barkley, Dawson, Simpson)

Thoughts greatly appreciated :)

If you are thinking of bringing Aguero in over the next couple of games then maybe downgrade Barkely now as he is on your bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

I am thinking of a -4 as my competition in the cup has a crap team. I would like to get my defence sorted before I meet a person with a proper team. I have:
    Degea,
    Hennessey,

Bellerin,
    Toby A,
    Dawson,
    Ward,
    Moreno.

Anyone think of a good long term move?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

up against a very good player in the cup
    curennt rank 147k but last year 13k and year before 19k
    similar teams so it will most likely come down to my choice of defenders and midfielders to play!

who would ye choose
    de gea
    bellerin kolarov wolschield ( nyom dier)
    ozil Walcott mahrez arnie (kdb)
    lukaku Kane vardy
    torn between wolly and nyom and not mad on leaving kdb out with aguero to feed but their away form is just awful

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

km79 wrote: »
    up against a very good player in the cup
    curennt rank 147k but last year 13k and year before 19k
    similar teams so it will most likely come down to my choice of defenders and midfielders to play!

who would ye choose
    de gea
    bellerin kolarov wolschield ( nyom dier)
    ozil Walcott mahrez arnie (kdb)
    lukaku Kane vardy
    torn between wolly and nyom and not mad on leaving kdb out with aguero to feed but their away form is just awful

i'd bench Vardy. I could see Bournemouth turning them over. If you don't want to do that, it's perfect as is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Jaggo wrote:
    I am thinking of a -4 as my competition in the cup has a crap team. I would like to get my defence sorted before I meet a person with a proper team. I have: Degea, Hennessey,

Bellerin,
    Toby A,
    Dawson,
    Ward,
    Moreno.

Anyone think of a good long term move?

Moreno to Cresswell maybe considering West Ham's upcoming fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Why have people fallen off the Vardy love train? He's still the top goalscorer in the Premier League. Bournemouth at home so not represent the same challenge that Man City or Liverpool at Anfield do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Lads. My team currently is:

Butland Hennessy
    Sagna Simpson Alderweireld Cathcart Bellerin
    Coutinho De Bruyne Ozil Ali Mahrez
    Lukaku Aguero Vardy

2 FT, 0.5 ITB

I don't want to transfer Aguero out, as I'm expecting him to come good soon. I also don't want to transfer Sagna out, as City will be great a defending again once Kompany gets back :rolleyes: I wouldn't mind, but I persevered for far too long with Yaya last year, before getting rid of him. Can someone talk some sense into me, please?! (Notwithstanding the above, I'm considering Aguero to Kane. I've just held on to him so long now that it's killing me to get rid.)

Also, Coutinho has to go. Arnoutovic seems like an obvious choice, but I hear he may have a strain; Payet would be nice too, but he may not be match fit etc.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on the above.

And happy new year to you all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

CSF wrote: »
    Why have people fallen off the Vardy love train? He's still the top goalscorer in the Premier League. Bournemouth at home so not represent the same challenge that Man City or Liverpool at Anfield do.

Rte are quoting raneri as saying that vardy was due a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jaggo wrote: »
    Rte are quoting raneri as saying that vardy was due a rest.

He said: "Yes, when I think it's the right moment to give him a rest I'll give it to him. At the moment he doesn't need one yet. Now it's important to carry on with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Wound up doing McCarthy for Hennessy. Super boring transfer. Keeping Vardy for the home game, might get Aguero in for him next week if he looks lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Which 2 should I play from Willian, Alli and KdB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

lougal88 wrote: »
    Which 2 should I play from Willian, Alli and KdB?

KdB definitely. After that, it's a bit of a toss up between the other two. Will Alli be playing a deeper role now that Dembele is out injured? And will Willian be subbed early like last time out, or even be rotated? I'd probably go Alli, given Everton's defensive frailty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So eh yeah. I'm now the proud owner of an Angel Rangel as my cheap defender.

Oh and Ozil too but yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Start which 2 from this 4

Toby, Delaney, Dawson and Zouma?

I'm thinking Dawson and Zouma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

siblers wrote: »
    Start which 2 from this 4

Toby, Delaney, Dawson and Zouma?

I'm thinking Dawson and Zouma.

That's what the clean sheet odds would suggest.
    From William Hill:

Chelsea (11/8)
    West Brom (7/4)
    Crystal Palace (13/5)
    Spurs (13/5)

Who have you got in goal? If it's one of Myhill or Courtois, then I probably wouldn't double up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That's what the clean sheet odds would suggest.
    From William Hill:

Chelsea (11/8)
    West Brom (7/4)
    Crystal Palace (13/5)
    Spurs (13/5)

Who have you got in goal? If it's one of Myhill or Courtois, then I probably wouldn't double up.

I'm going with Cech over Butland

Also, Is Delufeou likely to start? Could bench him and start Delaney or Alderweireld instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

siblers wrote: »
    I'm going with Cech over Butland

Also, Is Delufeou likely to start? Could bench him and start Delaney or Alderweireld instead.

I'm playing Deulofeu over Arnie. I'd say he will play. Can't be definite but he has definitely impressed this season so far and I would say Martinez would prefer him over Mirallas and definitely Lennon. Kone is more liable to be dropped I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Have 2FT and no real standout long term transfers so I could do a boring 4th/5th defender switch, or take a 1 week punt.

Defender switch: Martin to Rangel
    "Safe" punt: Hazard to Walcott
    Extra punty punt: Hazard to Mané

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'd agree with ya but he's one of the best scoring defenders. Its just you cant predict when he's going to score but he does so he's the type of player you stick in and take the good with the bad.

The alternative is use FT's jumping from defender bangwagon to bandwagon but I find that the attacking lines use that alot so I'm happy to stick with defenders like him and Bellerin so that I can use the FT on something else.

The big clubs will get back to keeping clean sheets slowly but surely, its the business end of the season now.

I sold him two GWs ago and don't regret it. He has 80 points and 46 of them came in the first five GWs. Since then, City haven't looked as solid at the back. Even the other night, Vardy skied a golden chance he should have buried.

I also plan to shed Bellerin this GW. There's too much value in Stoke, Watford, Palace and even Swansea defenders to justify having expensive defenders when Aguero is on his way back. Walker at Spurs is only 5.2 so considerably less than Bellerin or Kolarov if you aren't carrying them already.

I can see my defence being Alder (or Walker if I need the cash), Dawson, Wolly, Nyom and Simpson. Spurs, WBA aka Pulis, Stoke and Watford coverage with a bottom line cheapie who plays if needed but will barely ever feature for my team.

Re the better teams starting to keep clean sheets at the end of the season, that is generally the case but I'm taking my chances as the League has been unusual this year. The better teams have deteriorated IMO whereas the middle tier have improved.

I'm going to stick with De Gea in goal (Hennessy as backup) and then will have a front line of Lukaku, Kane and Aguero so need to free up some cash from defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No transfer this week for me which is a minor miracle tbh.

2ft going into the Finn Harps CL knockout stages which gives me great options.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    I sold him two GWs ago and don't regret it. He has 80 points and 46 of them came in the first five GWs. Since then, City haven't looked as solid at the back. Even the other night, Vardy skied a golden chance he should have buried.

I also plan to shed Bellerin this GW. There's too much value in Stoke, Watford, Palace and even Swansea defenders to justify having expensive defenders when Aguero is on his way back. Walker at Spurs is only 5.2 so considerably less than Bellerin or Kolarov if you aren't carrying them already.

I can see my defence being Alder (or Walker if I need the cash), Dawson, Wolly, Nyom and Simpson. Spurs, WBA aka Pulis, Stoke and Watford coverage with a bottom line cheapie who plays if needed but will barely ever feature for my team.

Re the better teams starting to keep clean sheets at the end of the season, that is generally the case but I'm taking my chances as the League has been unusual this year. The better teams have deteriorated IMO whereas the middle tier have improved.

I'm going to stick with De Gea in goal (Hennessy as backup) and then will have a front line of Lukaku, Kane and Aguero so need to free up some cash from defence.

That's where I'm at aswell. Walker moreno dawson wolly jos is my current back 5. I'd hope to change jos to Morgan soon enough. The problem with those expensive defs is you feel obliged to always play them even though there are lads on your bench more than capable of getting c.s. The fact we pick 3 from 5 defenders means if you can get good rotating defenders I don't think there is a need for expensive defenders. Walker moreno and Def from following teams palace stoke wba Watford swansea Leicester will do the job.

Any love for Ashley Williams? Swansea seem to be solid again, could be late to the party but im nearly certain he is on my to buy list.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »
    Any love for Ashley Williams? Swansea seem to be solid again, could be late to the party but im nearly certain he is on my to buy list.

Ye I'll edit my above post to include swansea

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Angel Rangel

I've awoken with a mix of regret and excitement. Here's to Alan Curtis remaining as manager. 4.1 was too good to refuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »

Mine too. Have they confirmed yer man as caretaker to the end of the season though? Or is therea chance of a new manager less prone to clean sheets?

Rangel seems to be first choice too. Some risk but great value.

FHFC wrote: »
    Mine too. Have they confirmed yer man as caretaker to the end of the season though? Or is therea chance of a new manager less prone to clean sheets?

Rangel seems to be first choice too. Some risk but great value.

Yeah he was rested last day, Williams is a bp magnet though.

No new rumours a manager so it looks like that caretaker will hold the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Had 2 FT so done Moreno to Cresswell and starting him.

Advertisement