Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    Have been wondering that myself. Where the hell did Toby W come from??

Dunno tbh, likely a phone typo and too lazy to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Speaking of Toby, er, W. :)

Which one of these to start?

Toby (eve)
    Moreno (whu)
    Souaré (CHE)

Have Toby in atm, but close call between him and Moreno. Just know whichever one I bench will score a goal.

I'm playing Evans (STO) despite also played Arnie and obviously Bellerin (NEW) hoping he's not rested.

Toby (eve)
    Moreno (whu)
    Souaré (CHE)

Have Toby in atm, but close call between him and Moreno. Just know whichever one I bench will score a goal.

I'm playing Evans (STO) despite also played Arnie and obviously Bellerin (NEW) hoping he's not rested.

I'm tempted to play my Palace defender v Chelsea instead of that Toby fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking at:

De Gea (McCarthy)
    Bellerin, Dawson, Moreno or Kolorov (Francis)
    Ozil, KDB, Mahrez, Barkley (Westwood)
    Lukaku, Kane, Ighalo

Have 1FT and a boat load of cash.

Could upgrade McCarthy or Westwood but tempted to save as wouldn't be playing their replacement. Correct move?

Also any views on Moreno or Kolorov? Contrary to most I think Kolorov is 1st choice at City.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »
    Looking at:

De Gea (McCarthy)
    Lukaku, Kane, Ighalo

Could upgrade McCarthy or Westwood but tempted to save as wouldn't be playing their replacement. Correct move?

Also any views on Moreno or Kolorov? Contrary to most I think Kolorov is 1st choice at City.

I'd do barkley to an arsenal mid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Benimar wrote: »
    Looking at:

De Gea (McCarthy)
    Lukaku, Kane, Ighalo

Upgrading McCarthy to an active keeper would be a good move if you dont have a better move available. Maybe upgrade Westwood to a better 5th. I think having a good 15 is important, you never know when you'll have a sub forced in.

You have a load of cash so you dont need a 2nd FT to create funds for a move.

I'd sit on them for a while and see what happens, there is no other outstanding defensive player to have. You have De Gea so you dont need Smalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'd do barkley to an arsenal mid

I thought about it but don't want 3 Arsenal for liv, sto, CHE.

Fairly sure i'm going to get Wiiliams in but i'm unsure who to sell.

I have Toby A. of Spurs and Kos but in my cash league Toby is highly owned and alot have one if not two Arsenal defenders. I could sell Dawson but i like being a part of the weekly Pullisball drama so he looks very unlikely to be sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

With 1 FT and team:

DDG (Myhill)

Bellerin Ward Simpson (berty) (vert)

Ozil Rambo Barks KDB (Junior)

Ighalo Luksku Kane

I have 3 options:

1. Vert to a WBA defender and play ahead of Ward or Simpson

2. Rambo to Walcott

3. Bank

Any advice on best option. Most likely Walcott will be out in few GW's for Alexis. Not confident Bellerin will play so really weary of some good defensive options

I'd be looking to get Ramsay out of there myself because I think 1 Arsenal midfielder is all you need and having 3 Arsenal players is an unnecessary risk. Ramsay could score, not likely given his current role in the team and Walcott always needs several chances to score one, i think there are other good options for that berth.

I think Debuchy has asked to leave so unless they are lacking suitors (i doubt that) and need to put him in the shop window, Bellerin will start. I'll be starting Bellerin anyways.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'd be looking to get Ramsay out of there myself because I think 1 Arsenal midfielder is all you need and having 3 Arsenal players is an unnecessary risk. Ramsay could score, not likely given his current role in the team and Walcott always needs several chances to score one, i think there are other good options for that berth.

I think Debuchy has asked to leave so unless they are lacking suitors (i doubt that) and need to put him in the shop window, Bellerin will start. I'll be starting Bellerin anyways.

Newcastle conceding 2.2 goals away from home this season. Arsenal tend to score a good few in Enirates against Newcastle. Think there will be plenty of Arsenal goals. I know Rambo playing that role now he is less likely to contribute with a goal.

Will start Bellerin but should he not play, my defence don't look great for a cleanie.

Defensive change or Rambo to Walcott?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Newcastle conceding 2.2 goals away from home this season. Arsenal tend to score a good few in Enirates against Newcastle. Think there will be plenty of Arsenal goals. I know Rambo playing that role now he is less likely to contribute with a goal.

Will start Bellerin but should he not play, my defence don't look great for a cleanie.

Thing is, are you gonna want Theo after this week? Or 2 Arsenal mids?

If not no point in making that move for one game. Be as well chancing it with Rambo for one more week and then seeing who you fancy for that spot medium term.

I always think making a transfer with just one week in mind is just a future points hit.

Would consider banking in your shoes. If Aguero wakes up or Sanchez reemerges 2 fts could be valuable.

Newcastle have tightened up alot in the last few games. Only conceded 4 goals in 4 games. I wouldnt be considering their earlier season form when talking about them now. I think Arsenal will win but it will be tight enough.

I think Bertrand will do fine against Norwich but long term maybe Sagna or Kolarov in for him in if you believe Bellerin will get benched and Newcastle will be gutted like a fish.

I just took Kolarov out (last GW)

Not getting back in anytime soon.

I just took Kolarov out (last GW)

Not getting back in anytime soon.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Schmeichel Butland
    Bellerin Dier Dawson Moreno Souaré
    KDB Ozil Mahrez Alli Surman
    Lukaku Kane Ighalo

1 FT, 8m itb

Thinking of bringing Walcott in for Surman and playing AOA. I think Theo will gain attacking returns against Newcastle. He could've bagged at least a brace against Bournemouth and I don't see how Newcastle's defenders will handle all of the Gunners' attacking flair.

Would appreciate any feedback on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Madness to consider taking a 4 point hit to get giroud in for Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,049 ✭✭✭✭CSF

mectavba wrote: »
    Madness to consider taking a 4 point hit to get giroud in for Kane?

Yeah pretty much. You'd wanna do the reverse like a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Schmeichel Butland
    Bellerin Dier Dawson Moreno Souaré
    KDB Ozil Mahrez Alli Surman
    Lukaku Kane Ighalo

1 FT, 8m itb

Thinking of bringing Walcott in for Surman and playing AOA. I think Theo will gain attacking returns against Newcastle. He could've bagged at least a brace against Bournemouth and I don't see how Newcastle's defenders will handle all of the Gunners' attacking flair.

Would appreciate any feedback on this.

I have 9 of the same players and will prob play AOA this gw

If that helps :P

manual_man wrote: »
    I have 9 of the same players and will prob play AOA this gw

If that helps :P

Slightly haha. I think I'll go through with it as I have been waiting to get that chip out of the way as it's probably the worst of the 3 available.

• Advertisement

Slightly haha. I think I'll go through with it as I have been waiting to get that chip out of the way as it's probably the worst of the 3 available.

My bad, I confused AOA with bench boost! I'll probably play bench boost this week! And quite possibly AOA for gw21 :o

My bad, I confused AOA with bench boost! I'll probably play bench boost this week! And quite possibly AOA for gw21 :o

I'm doing my bench boost for a DGW all going well.

I'm doing my bench boost for a DGW all going well.

I'd been kind of keeping mine with that in mind. This gw has me severely tempted to use it though

Hennessey Rudd
    Kolarov Dawson Bellerin Wollscheid Moreno
    Ramsey Ozil KDB Coutinho Mahrez
    Ighalo Lukaku Kane

is my squad. Haven't used any of the 3 chips as stands

I'd been kind of keeping mine with that in mind. This gw has me severely tempted to use it though

Hennessey Rudd
    Kolarov Dawson Bellerin Wollscheid Moreno
    Ramsey Ozil KDB Coutinho Mahrez
    Ighalo Lukaku Kane

is my squad. Haven't used any of the 3 chips as stands

Very strong front 8 it could pay off. Your defence has some good fixtures as well. I'm not sure how much of a difference a double game week will make wrt this chip but if you feel you want to use it this week then go ahead I say.

Toby (eve)
    Moreno (whu)
    Souaré (CHE)

Anyone any more suggestions on this?

Very strong front 8 it could pay off. Your defence has some good fixtures as well. I'm not sure how much of a difference a double game week will make wrt this chip but if you feel you want to use it this week then go ahead I say.

Could work for a dgw but could also pose problems! I'd say with a wildcard still available when a dgw rolls around, one could use it right after the dgw to re-calibrate your squad. But even then you may have the problem of budget if you've ditched players for the dgw that you bought at a much lower price, then needing extra £ to get them back in after.. Its not exactly straightforward. But as ever with dgws, things become clearer as to your options and the risk/reward scenario as they come closer

Moreno for me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Souare just to confuse the situation further :) I'm starting Moreno and then must choose between Souare and whatever cheap defender I bring in.

Another vote for Moreno.

• Advertisement

Souare just to confuse the situation further :) I'm starting Moreno and then must choose between Souare and whatever cheap defender I bring in.

*crosses out Souare*

;)

Advertisement