Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I dont know how anyone can 'confirm' that Wenger is going to rotate from the quote provided alone in that article. Weak journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hennessy / De Gea
    Bellerin Dawson Alder Nyom Souare
    Walcott Ozil Mahrez KDB Wanyama
    Vardy Lukaku Kane

I have 2 fts so need to use one. I had planned to go De Gea to Elliott and Vardy to Aguero but that was to happen after this GW because I wanted to play De Gea home to Swansea as Hennessy plays Chelsea, plus I want Vardy vs Bournemouth which allows Kun another week to get fit.

I need to use a transfer though and need to free up 1.4 mil for Vardy to Aguero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can I ask people's opinions on my transfer?

2 FTs to use:

De Gea, McCarthy
    Bellerin, Bertrand, Nyom, Alderweireld, Dawson
    De Bruyne, Walcott, Ozil, Mahrez, Alli
    Kane, Lukaku, Ighalo

3.7m in the bank, which is enough to go Kane -> Aguero up to him being 13.2m.

Two ideas at the minute are:

McCarthy -> Hennessey
    Bertrand -> Sunderland defender.

What do people think of those two transfers? It sets up my defence for the next few weeks. Bertrand has been very disappointing. Going Bertrand to a Sunderland defender also gives me the funds to go Walcott to Sanchez when he's back fit.

The reason for McCarthy to Hennessey is that I've got the extra transfer hanging around and I might as well have two playing goalkeepers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Dempsey wrote: »
    I dont know how anyone can 'confirm' that Wenger is going to rotate from the quote provided alone in that article. Weak journalism.

on rotation…
    Certainly we will rotate again. Everybody else in the squad against Bournemouth should be available.
    Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151230/team-news-flamini-alexis-and-arteta#g2zCChwZmW45zPpu.99

I'm sticking with Bellerin and Ozil(c), Wenger is a known fibber

SantryRed wrote: »

2 FTs to use:

De Gea, McCarthy
    Kane, Lukaku, Ighalo

McCarthy -> Hennessey

What do people think of those two transfers? It sets up my defence for the next few weeks. Bertrand has been very disappointing. Going Bertrand to a Sunderland defender also gives me the funds to go Walcott to Sanchez when he's back fit.

The reason for McCarthy to Hennessey is that I've got the extra transfer hanging around and I might as well have two playing goalkeepers!

Berty has decent fixtures ahead, but your defence is a bit expensive. I'd probably rather Daniels than a Sunderland defender. I'd roll the other one over and maybe do DDG to Henny rather than McCarthy
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Hennessy / De Gea
    Bellerin Dawson Alder Nyom Souare
    Walcott Ozil Mahrez KDB Wanyama
    Vardy Lukaku Kane

I have 2 fts so need to use one. I had planned to go De Gea to Elliott and Vardy to Aguero but that was to happen after this GW because I wanted to play De Gea home to Swansea as Hennessy plays Chelsea, plus I want Vardy vs Bournemouth which allows Kun another week to get fit.

I need to use a transfer though and need to free up 1.4 mil for Vardy to Aguero.

Wanyama to Stanislas

• Advertisement

2 FTs to use:

De Gea, McCarthy
    Kane, Lukaku, Ighalo

McCarthy -> Hennessey

I'd be holding onto De Gea if you still have him. They should keep a clean sheet against Swansea. A fair chance of the same against Newcastle away.

McCarthy out for Hennessy or Myhill I reckon. Have 2 keepers playing in your squad is always good.

I was looking around to sell Kolarov and Bellerin recently as I felt I could be getting more for my money but for example but in terms of Goals, Assists, Clean Sheets and Bonus Points there is very little difference between an expensive defender and a cheap one but as the business end of the season comes along, the bigger clubs tend to tighten their defences and 'grind' the 3 points out.

Of your 5 defenders, I reckon Nyom will get you the least amount of points over the next few games. I have Nyom, he'll be my 3rd sub for a while. I have 4 other defenders players very capable of getting me points, the only defender jumping out at me is Smalling and thats only because I sold De Gea last week. LVG freaking out at a press conference made me too nervous but the performance against Chelsea restored faith in United's ability to keep clean sheets (at home at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

2 FTs to use:

De Gea, McCarthy
    Kane, Lukaku, Ighalo

McCarthy -> Hennessey

bertrand to simpson or morgan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Do you get another wildcard in new year?

No new card in the new year.

http://m.fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

Wanyama to Stanislas

Will Stanislas definitely play? He only got 45 minutes last game and I thought there was some player due back.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

F1ngers wrote: »

"The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season, once in the first half of the season (before 28 Dec 14:00) and once in the second half of the season."

• Advertisement

mcgooch wrote: »
    "The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season, once in the first half of the season (before 28 Dec 14:00) and once in the second half of the season."

I know.
    I answered the question asked and provided link so (s)he could have a look at the rules for them self.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

F1ngers wrote: »

I must have misunderstood your above post, but it reads like there is no new card in the new year, when in fact there is a new card in the new year.

Will Stanislas definitely play? He only got 45 minutes last game and I thought there was some player due back.

I believe that was due to him just coming back from a hamstring, his performances should have him ahead of Pugh now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Pugh has been back for a couple of weeks now and has been on the bench. Was interested to see him start the last game but when he was taken off at ht for Stan I'd say Stan is as close to nailed as we'll get.

I'll be getting him as 5th mid soon I think.

mcgooch wrote: »
    I must have misunderstood your above post, but it reads like there is no new card in the new year, when in fact there is a new card in the new year.

It's available now, this year.
    We're not getting another one in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Are Bournemouth not signing some winger from Italy in the new year. With the injuries they have had I can see them make a few signings in Jan which will change things.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Anyone any ideas on what to do with this team. Relatively happy with it but sliding down the rankings every week.
    Have 2 free transfers and dont mind a -4 if its for players I'll keep long term.
    5.6m in the bank

Myhill - Hennessey
    Kolorov-Bellerin-Alder-Wolly-Martin
    Ozil-De bruyne-Barkley-Mahrez-Ramsey
    Vardy-Lukaku-Ighalo

I guess the players I should be moving on are Barkley, Ramsey, Martin and probably Kolorov. Nobody really screaming out to me as replacements. Martin is my 5th def and I very rarely use him. Also only have a strong front 8 for Christmas so also don't mind downgrading Barkley or Ramsey (probably keep Ramsey for this week though).

I feel like it would be so much easier if Sanchez, Aguero and Hazard were hitting the form of last year, I could probably fit them in with a -4. And get the third in a week or two after.

Are Bournemouth not signing some winger from Italy in the new year. With the injuries they have had I can see them make a few signings in Jan which will change things.

Very good point. No cheap mid can be considered safe till February really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Just a word of caution for those considering bringing Myhill in; Foster is back training again after his cruciate knee injury last season. Now there's probably no risk to Myhills starting position in the short-term, but it's just something to be aware of.

Elliott a doubt for Arsenal Newcastle. May have to leave the armband on Theo yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Aguero to Vardy for one Gameweek to prevent further loss in OR.

Angone care to advise on this? Madness or what?

dahat wrote: »

Madness IMO. Bournemouth aren't a bad side. I don't think Vardy will fill his boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I'd be holding onto De Gea if you still have him. They should keep a clean sheet against Swansea. A fair chance of the same against Newcastle away.

McCarthy out for Hennessy or Myhill I reckon. Have 2 keepers playing in your squad is always good.

I was looking around to sell Kolarov and Bellerin recently as I felt I could be getting more for my money but for example but in terms of Goals, Assists, Clean Sheets and Bonus Points there is very little difference between an expensive defender and a cheap one but as the business end of the season comes along, the bigger clubs tend to tighten their defences and 'grind' the 3 points out.

Of your 5 defenders, I reckon Nyom will get you the least amount of points over the next few games. I have Nyom, he'll be my 3rd sub for a while. I have 4 other defenders players very capable of getting me points, the only defender jumping out at me is Smalling and thats only because I sold De Gea last week. LVG freaking out at a press conference made me too nervous but the performance against Chelsea restored faith in United's ability to keep clean sheets (at home at least)

I agree - was sold on selling De Gea (:D) last week but kept him and am glad. Darmian is back now, along with Schneiderlin who does a serious job of protecting the back four. Would be far more confident of a clean sheet now that their defence is close to resembling their best line up.

In your position I'd consider the Vardy move then be looking to use the Wildcard the following week if you felt it backfired as your team needs more than one change if you are that worried about your OR. Best to take the big plunge sooner rather than later regardless of one transfer working out or not, no?

ManC on the road have been poor enough and I imagine Bournemouth will want to frustrate the life out of Leicester aswell but on current form of players and clubs, statisically Vardy is more likely to score you points.

People are in fear of what Aguero could do because of the Newcastle match when Newcastle were absolutely appalling defensively for weeks and also ManC were at home that day. Aguero will only get ~60mins or until he gets a knock too. Watford are quite good defensively, defending from the front at all times, Ighalo and Deeney will not allow each other to get isolated as much as Vardy managed to do the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

In terms of statistics, Aguero currently wins the bookie pricing, about as close to a statistical assessment as you're gonna get. Aguero is 8/11 anytime, Vardy evens.

Obviously nobody is gonna base their FPL policy on bookies pricings, and peoples opinions will differ on the topic.

If you had neither player and we're making a transfer, there might be a case to be made for Vardy. But unless you've some great plans to use the money you'll save, an actual transfer to do this is madness.

People are in fear of what Aguero could do because of the Newcastle match

Do you really think this is the only reason?

CSF wrote: »
    In terms of statistics, Aguero currently wins the bookie pricing, about as close to a statistical assessment as you're gonna get. Aguero is 8/11 anytime, Vardy evens.

Obviously nobody is gonna base their FPL policy on bookies pricings, and peoples opinions will differ on the topic.

If you had neither player and we're making a transfer, there might be a case to be made for Vardy. But unless you've some great plans to use the money you'll save, an actual transfer to do this is madness.

I'd dont too much weight into bookie pricings when it comes to FPL.
    CSF wrote: »
    Do you really think this is the only reason?

You see, if I thought that I would have said, "People are in fear of what Aguero could do only because of the Newcastle match". I didn't so stop trying to create a strawman argument where there isnt. Its one of the biggests stings in FPL, its fresh in most peoples minds.

Madness for me too. I'm assuming you still want Aguero medium to long term. It hasnt paid off for those of us who took the calculated risk on getting him back early, but we've made our bed, swapping him out in fear.of one fixture is just a hit waiting to happen when you get the Aguero fear ahead of leakey Everton coming to the Ethiad.

As CSF said he's still the bookies fave for a goal and I'd not bet on there being a massive difference between Aguero and Vardy especially when you take a likely future -4 into it.

He's still Aguero and can score against anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

As FHFC has said i guess i and others have made our Aguero bed and we should get comfy in it!

Fear of a high score from Vardy was driving doubt in my mind, guess i needed some good old FPL reassurance...

I don't plan to wildcard early which is partly down to having Aguero now rather than panicking to get him if he explodes.

• Advertisement

I'd dont too much weight into bookie pricings when it comes to FPL.

You see, if I thought that I would have said, "People are in fear of what Aguero could do only because of the Newcastle match". I didn't so stop trying to create a strawman argument where there isnt. Its one of the biggests stings in FPL, its fresh in most peoples minds.
    Bookies pricings are an adequate measure, they're generally not that far off the mark with these things when we work off a large sample size. Of course, they are also frequently wrong, so I'll only use them as another point of reference.

It wasn't a strawman argument at all. It was the only thing you referenced in relation to Aguero as to why people naturally gravitate towards him so it seemed like you were implying that this was the primary reason. I'd argue that had Aguero come off in the 1st minute of the Newcastle game with a hamstring injury (rather than being injured over the proceeding international break) and things had followed in the exact same way from this point onwards, we'd still be seeing the same gravitation towards him now.

85 goals and 34 assists in 129 Premier League games is the stuff of dreams. When fit, you captain him more weeks than you do not. The tightrope you walk with Aguero is figuring out how long to wait until you believe him to actually be fit.

Advertisement