Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Bookies pricings are an adequate measure, they're generally not that far off the mark with these things when we work off a large sample size. Of course, they are also frequently wrong, so I'll only use them as another point of reference.

It wasn't a strawman argument at all. It was the only thing you referenced in relation to Aguero as to why people naturally gravitate towards him so it seemed like you were implying that this was the primary reason. I'd argue that had Aguero come off in the 1st minute of the Newcastle game with a hamstring injury (rather than being injured over the proceeding international break) and things had followed in the exact same way from this point onwards, we'd still be seeing the same gravitation towards him now.

85 goals and 34 assists in 129 Premier League games is the stuff of dreams. When fit, you captain him more weeks than you do not. The tightrope you walk with Aguero is figuring out how long to wait until you believe him to actually be fit.

His fitness is key and i called it wrong this time. I thought the extended break from the heel injury would have given him extra rest on the hamstring and he usually comes back firing even with restricted minutes. Reinjury is usually the worry.

Him not playing at all v Sunderland was a massive blow. I only watched the highlights last night and had he even gotten 45 mins there he'd have filled his boots on the service kdb in particular was providing. Bony missed a peno and 2 other sitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    His fitness is key and i called it wrong this time. I thought the extended break from the heel injury would have given him extra rest on the hamstring and he usually comes back firing even with restricted minutes. Reinjury is usually the worry.

Him not playing at all v Sunderland was a massive blow. I only watched the highlights last night and had he even gotten 45 mins there he'd have filled his boots on the service kdb in particular was providing. Bony missed a peno and 2 other sitters.
    Yeah, City have been a damp squib away from home too so for people who brought him in, they've gotten away games at Arsenal and Leicester from it, 1 team goal among them. Based on City's away form of late, you'd be relying on Aguero carrying that candle. Of course he is capable, but I will wait for a home game (probably Everton but possibly Palace too) to bring him in. In the meantime I'm channeling funds to be able to bring him in without sacrificing anyone I want to keep.

The points to be lost dropping say Moreno and Van Dijk (VVD has long overstayed his welcome at this stage) to maybe Simpson and Smith for example, would be alot more sensible than having to lose De Bruyne or Kane or someone I actually want. I don't think there is anywhere near as much points loss risk there unless Moreno and VVD start showing the kind of attacking returns that I signed them for in the first place.

Yeah, City have been a damp squib away from home too so for people who brought him in, they've gotten away games at Arsenal and Leicester from it, 1 team goal among them. Based on City's away form of late, you'd be relying on Aguero carrying that candle. Of course he is capable, but I will wait for a home game (probably Everton but possibly Palace too) to bring him in. In the meantime I'm channeling funds to be able to bring him in without sacrificing anyone I want to keep.

The points to be lost dropping say Moreno and Van Dijk (VVD has long overstayed his welcome at this stage) to maybe Simpson and Smith for example, would be alot more sensible than having to lose De Bruyne or Kane or someone I actually want. I don't think there is anywhere near as much points loss risk there unless Moreno and VVD start showing the kind of attacking returns that I signed them for in the first place.

Are you holding Bellerin still? And if so are ya keeping him after Newcastle?

Before the Bournemouth game clean sheets were thin on the ground while no attacking returns for ages.

That shot Theo dragged just wide woulda been a Hector assist mind.

FHFC wrote: »
    Are you holding Bellerin still? And if so are ya keeping him after Newcastle?

Before the Bournemouth game clean sheets were thin on the ground while no attacking returns for ages.

That shot Theo dragged just wide woulda been a Hector assist mind.
    I haven't had Bellerin for a long time unfortunately. Cech is my Arsenal defender and I'm keeping him for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Coutinho has to go. He's been useless tonight and has been playing far too deep most of the time. I think I might bring in Payet next week.

Kompany has been an epic fail so he'll be shipped this week. I don't know who for yet. Possibly Tottenham or Stoke coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Elliot / Butland

Kos, Toby W, Dawson, Smith, Ward

Ozil, Mahrez, Walcott, Ali, KDB

Lukaku, Kane, Aguero

1ft with 0.1 itb.

Anyone see a good move? For once kind of stumped myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Cech McCarthy
    Sagna Bellerin Zouma Moreno Alder
    Alli Mahrez Ozil Barkley KdB
    Vardy Kane Lukaku

Anybody see a transfer worth making?
    Have 1 FT left and 3m itb

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »
    Elliot / Butland

Lukaku, Kane, Aguero

1ft with 0.1 itb.

my advice would be to do nothing . You have a great team for this gw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Coutinho out for kdb,Ali or silva,if I bring in kdb I am .8 short of vardy to aguero,which I might do next week,if I bring in Ali I have 3 Spurs and would think that is too much,any one see how silva played as that would leave enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

SantryRed wrote: »
    Can I ask people's opinions on my transfer?

2 FTs to use:

De Gea, McCarthy
    Bellerin, Bertrand, Nyom, Alderweireld, Dawson
    De Bruyne, Walcott, Ozil, Mahrez, Alli
    Kane, Lukaku, Ighalo

3.7m in the bank, which is enough to go Kane -> Aguero up to him being 13.2m.

Two ideas at the minute are:

McCarthy -> Hennessey
    Bertrand -> Sunderland defender.

What do people think of those two transfers? It sets up my defence for the next few weeks. Bertrand has been very disappointing. Going Bertrand to a Sunderland defender also gives me the funds to go Walcott to Sanchez when he's back fit.

The reason for McCarthy to Hennessey is that I've got the extra transfer hanging around and I might as well have two playing goalkeepers!

Downgrade Alli and carry a transfer?
    DeGea starts the next 2 at least so the GK move, although sensible cam wait imo. This might open up other options for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Bookies pricings are an adequate measure, they're generally not that far off the mark with these things when we work off a large sample size. Of course, they are also frequently wrong, so I'll only use them as another point of reference.

It wasn't a strawman argument at all. It was the only thing you referenced in relation to Aguero as to why people naturally gravitate towards him so it seemed like you were implying that this was the primary reason. I'd argue that had Aguero come off in the 1st minute of the Newcastle game with a hamstring injury (rather than being injured over the proceeding international break) and things had followed in the exact same way from this point onwards, we'd still be seeing the same gravitation towards him now.

85 goals and 34 assists in 129 Premier League games is the stuff of dreams. When fit, you captain him more weeks than you do not. The tightrope you walk with Aguero is figuring out how long to wait until you believe him to actually be fit.

Same gravitation? For a player that would be 13m for 2 goals in 12 games, 1 Assist and 0 BPS and struggling for match sharpness. You havent much faith in the average FPL player by the sounds of it! :pac:

He's 7 goals in 12 so far but only scored points in 4 GW's, for a €13m player. I've captained him 6 times, 4 times he brought home 4 points. Those are the stats that matter to me. Too many false dawns this season to take the approach of previous years with him as many have found out, including myself.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hennessy / De Gea
    Bellerin Dawson Alder Nyom Souare
    Walcott Ozil Mahrez KDB Wanyama
    Vardy Lukaku Kane

I have 2 fts so need to use one. I had planned to go De Gea to Elliott and Vardy to Aguero but that was to happen after this GW because I wanted to play De Gea home to Swansea as Hennessy plays Chelsea, plus I want Vardy vs Bournemouth which allows Kun another week to get fit.

I need to use a transfer though and need to free up 1.4 mil for Vardy to Aguero.

Does downgrading say Nyom this week help?

Dempsey wrote: »
    Same gravitation? For a player that would be 13m for 2 goals in 12 games, 1 Assist and 0 BPS and struggling for match sharpness. You havent much faith in the average FPL player by the sounds of it! :pac:

He's 7 goals in 12 so far but only scored points in 4 GW's, for a €13m player. I've captained him 6 times, 4 times he brought home 4 points. Those are the stats that matter to me. Too many false dawns this season to take the approach of previous years with him as many have found out, including myself.
    If you're completely disregarding (and you are) the sort of stats I've posted for Aguero in his few years in the Premier League, then there isn't even a conversation to be had here. Ridiculous.

If you're completely disregarding (and you are) the sort of stats I've posted for Aguero in his few years in the Premier League, then there isn't even a conversation to be had here. Ridiculous.

Do you currently have Aguero?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Have:

kdB, Mahrez, Ozil, Del boy, Stanislas
    Giroud, Aguero, Lukaku

Want: Arnautovic

Del Boy is nice differential and is on good form, not guaranteed to start though, i can do Stanislas instead, but then have a strong 8, which i don't like, as i wouldn't have a clue who to drop and more than likely would pick the wrong option.

Have 2.4m in bank

Anyone else have any thoughts on this, lets say i do Stanilias to Arnautovic, who then do i bench for this GW (already used the AOA chip).

dahat wrote: »
    Elliot / Butland

Lukaku, Kane, Aguero

1ft with 0.1 itb.

Good move is to save the ft I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Going to bank I think.
    Coutinho needs to go but will bench him this week.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Do you currently have Aguero?

No. Not yet convinced of fitness. GW 21 barring any recurrences.

No. Not yet convinced of fitness. GW 21 barring any recurrences.

I thought you had him in and captained the way you were talking! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

A defender for 4.3 or less to replace Bertrand. Discuss:

Plan on Ayew and the Henderbus to Ozil and Arnie too with my 2FTs and need to find 1.0 by downgrading Bertrand.

Options are:
    - Adam Smith: Endless economic puns and attacking flair at a low, low price.
    - Simon Francis: Guaranteed starter.
    - Simpson: Cheap and plays.
    - Bennett: Cheap, Norwich but I expect him to be dropped and have a rational dislike of him.
    - Sunderland: Sunderland though....
    - Somebody else: Excitement that comes with something left field

I think we know who I want but with Davies already in a rotating relationship at best a likely starter would be preferable. A shame PVA is 0.3 out of my price range :pac:

• Advertisement

Plan on Ayew and the Henderbus to Ozil and Arnie too with my 2FTs and need to find 1.0 by downgrading Bertrand.

Options are:
    - Bennett: Cheap, Norwich but I expect him to be dropped and have a rational dislike of him.

I think we know who I want but with Davies already in a rotating relationship at best a likely starter would be preferable. A shame PVA is 0.3 out of my price range :pac:

I'd have 100% said Sunderland, Coates in particular. I posted somewhere a twitter stat i read that they'd the 4th best home defence before tonight (7, now 8 conceded) despite having the worst overall (37 conceded or thereabouts) At 4.2 and by all accounts playing well under Big Sam Coates would be a fine enabler and very playable in decent home fixtures.

But he went off injured tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Options are:

Id probably get morgan incase simpson loses his place.

Id probably get morgan incase simpson loses his place.

Geoff Cameron maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Anyone recommend a transfer here:

De Gea (McCarthy)

Sagna / Moreno / Dier (Souare / Evans)

KDB / Ozil / Ramsey / Mahrez (Ali)

Lukaka / Giroud / Kane

Only bought Ramsey last week, it was a toss of a coin with Arnie, picked the wrong one but not going to change that this week with the Newcastle game coming up for Arsenal. I think he will go in a couple of weeks for Payet.

Probably going to captain Giroud again this week and bench Ali, long term I would like Kun but only if he shows signs of getting back to form, been burned badly already this year by him! Had planned on Kane to Igahlo to free up the cash.

Maybe a Stoke defender but fixtures are not great. Any other teams have a decent set of fixtures and some cheap defenders? I'm not wasting a transfer on McCarthy at this stage, he can stay until I wildcard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

AdpRo wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a transfer here:

De Gea (McCarthy)

Sagna / Moreno / Dier (Souare / Evans)

KDB / Ozil / Ramsey / Mahrez (Ali)

Lukaka / Giroud / Kane

Only bought Ramsey last week, it was a toss of a coin with Arnie, picked the wrong one but not going to change that this week with the Newcastle game coming up for Arsenal. I think he will go in a couple of weeks for Payet.

Probably going to captain Giroud again this week and bench Ali, long term I would like Kun but only if he shows signs of getting back to form, been burned badly already this year by him! Had planned on Kane to Igahlo to free up the cash.

Maybe a Stoke defender but fixtures are not great. Any other teams have a decent set of fixtures and some cheap defenders? I'm not wasting a transfer on McCarthy at this stage, he can stay until I wildcard!

Your team looks grand for this week. Maybe you should bank it?

ElTel wrote: »
    Geoff Cameron maybe.

That's a good one.

Coates just a dead leg according to Big Sam btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Who plays as bournmouths no 1 striker can anyone tell me ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Gary Gurny wrote:
    Who plays as bournmouths no 1 striker can anyone tell me ?

Josh King although he is a midfielder in FPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

spock. wrote: »
    Josh King although he is a midfielder in FPL.

Yeah I was thinking that.. But I noticed he didn't play at all for two weeks in a row over the Christmas period! Any particular reason for this?

• Advertisement

Gary Gurny wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking that.. But I noticed he didn't play at all for two weeks in a row over the Christmas period! Any particular reason for this?

He was injured.

Murray was pretty poor especially against Palace.

King is nailed on unless they sign a striker (which they may well do, on loan at least). Has been playing really well, though and would probably still play maybe just not CF.

Advertisement