Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

To hedge my bets on Arnautovic or believe Lukaku can score goals in big games coming up and Barkley will grab a few assists along the way.

What time does the price changes kick in again??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Dempsey wrote: »
    To hedge my bets on Arnautovic or believe Lukaku can score goals in big games coming up and Barkley will grab a few assists along the way.

What time does the price changes kick in again??

Approx 1.15am I believe.

Looking like a boring enough week transfer wise unless I pick up some injuries, I have...

Myhill, McCarthy

Toby, Kol, Moreno, Wolly, Morgan

Ozil, Walcott, Alli, KDB, Mahrez

Kane, Lukaku, Vardy

I've 5.2 ITB & 2FT's

I'm thinking I might finally sign a GK who's getting a game just to use up one of my freebies, ye can't take em with ya unfortunately. Other than that I can't see anything that needs immediate attention, I will be looking for Aguero soon if he stays fit, so will be figuring out a way to accommodate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Bartley - > Ponytailed Stoke lad

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Bartley - > Ponytailed Stoke lad

It's a man-bun, get with the times man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Last 2 or 3 weeks have felt like a squad tidy up instead of big moves
    this week kolorav finally goes for dawson
    barkley may move next week or may just wait on payet

Pulled the trigger on Arnuatovic. I think Everton will go through a leaner goalscoring spell for 3 weeks at least, Lukaku is enough to have.

8.4m ITB now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

spock. wrote:
    Going to bank I think.
    Coutinho needs to go but will bench him this week.

Scratch that. Coutinho --> Arnie done before price rise.
    Benching Barkley instead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Have 2 FTs. Thinking Henderson to Arnie for one..maybe Wanyama to Alli? Leaves me with:

Butland/Myhill
    Bellerin/Alder/Moreno/Souare/Simpson
    KDB/Ozil/Mahrez/Arnie/Alli
    Lukaku/Kane/Vardy

Have 2 FTs. Thinking Henderson to Arnie for one..maybe Wanyama to Alli? Leaves me with:

Butland/Myhill
    Bellerin/Alder/Moreno/Souare/Simpson
    KDB/Ozil/Mahrez/Arnie/Alli
    Lukaku/Kane/Vardy

Arnie is more attack minded that Henderson will ever be so thats a good change

Allie is a good choice for a 5th mid if not a little expensive but keep him until you need the cash for something else. Most people dont have an issue with team value at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Dempsey wrote: »
    Arnie is more attack minded that Henderson will ever be so thats a good change

Allie is a good choice for a 5th mid if not a little expensive but keep him until you need the cash for something else. Most people dont have an issue with team value at the moment.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking with Arnie. Henderson was a bit of a 2-3 week punt when I got rid of Ayew. Have 4.5m itb after those 2 transfers to bring in either Aguero/Sanchez if needs be, but atm looks like a solid squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Why would you hold onto him when he was injured? assuming you did then it implies you played with 5 in midfield and probably scored well because of this which reduces the "missed out on 58 point" arguement.

If he had of bagged a hatrick yesterday I would have gained 30 points on folk who are ahead of me - which imo is worth the risk.

While we may be only halfway through a season those who are say 100 points ahead have pretty much template teams but may find it hard to fit aguero in straight away so in theory we could get 2/3 week head start.

No I've only been buying him in when he's fit (or meant to be fit)

He blanked for me from GW3-7 (with 1 assist in that time)

Sold him GW 9 after his injury.

Bought him back after Liverpool match, blanked against Southampton, missed Stoke (GW14-15)

Sold him GW 16.

Seen he played against Arsenal. bought him back and captained against Sunderland, GW 18, he didn't play so Kane VC came in luckily.

Captained him GW 19 Leicester. blanked again.

I have him purely as a differential at the minute and it just isn't working out.

At least if Sanchez was back and on form I'd have something to do with the extra funds.

but I thought it'd be mad not having Aguero when I had the funds and noone in my private league has him.

I seen this stat earlier on the thread from CSF;
    85 goals and 34 assists in 129 Premier League games,
    When you have a fit Aguero, at 13.0 you should more often than not captain him but I suppose that's less of requirement this seasons compared with previous years,

The way things are going I won't be making up points with this Aguero strategy so that's the reason why I'm thinking of jumping ship again and maybe go for MF differentials and template strikers (3 from Lukaku, Kane, Vardy, Ighalo, Giroud).

And I'm viewing GW 19 as GW1.

gained 10 points on the leader this week so if I can sustain that I should come good playing the long game.
    Or it'll all go up in flames like the GW 1 - 18 more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bar the Newcastle game, Aguero has 2 goals and 1 assist in 12 games.

That's worse than than likes of Gestede, Mitrovic, Jerome, Rooney etc.

Until he starts regularly getting 2 a game then we're better off with Lukaku/Kane/Ighalo/Giroud etc

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Cech McCarthy
    Sagna Bellerin Zouma Moreno Alder
    Alli Mahrez Ozil KdB Will.I.An
    Vardy Kane Lukaku

Ok, so 2 FTs used.

Wijnaldum -> KdB
    Barkley -> Will.I.An

Now what 11 do I field??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Coutinho out, Arnautovic in. Leaves me with enough in the bank to get Aguero in if he ever hits form. Team Value is pretty meaningless this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

did an early transfer for first time in an age last night Arnie in for Gerard D
    then Hughes says this morning arniw should be ok for weekend despite a dodgy hamstring!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Team is
    Butland Lindegard
    Bellerin nyom wollscied dann Simpson
    Walcott Ozil Mahrez Ali Henderson
    Lukaku Kane Ighalo
    I've 1 ft and 7.1 mill in the bank

Defo shipping out hendo too arnie or shaqiri. I am mindful of having 3 Arsenal and 3 stoke. Looking at Lindegard too Myhill or Hennessy so I can rotate keepers and don't plan on keeping Walcott long term either

Any advice lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

2FT but couldn't see anything I wanted to do this week so at the risk of losing a FT, I swapped my sub keepers, Rose (WBA) --> Hennessy. Just in case I ever get stuck with Myhill not starting when Foster's back.

Will still have 2FT next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Deulofeu to a cheapie I think. Flirted briefly with the strong front 8 but it's not for me. Will probably spend the extra .1 on the security of Fletcher rather than Stanislas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Anyone looking at Ryan Bennett should be aware they're in the market for a central defender: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35205674

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Shedite27 wrote: »
    2FT but couldn't see anything I wanted to do this week so at the risk of losing a FT, I swapped my sub keepers, Rose (WBA) --> Hennessy. Just in case I ever get stuck with Myhill not starting when Foster's back.

Will still have 2FT next week.

To avoid losing a FT, I would recommend adding Adam Smith (Bournemouth) as a 5th defender. May free up some spending money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Big Borg wrote: »
    To avoid losing a FT, I would recommend adding Adam Smith (Bournemouth) as a 5th defender. May free up some spending money.

Was just going to ask a question about B'mth defenders... Smith seems to have the best points scoring potential but seems least secure of the regulars. Will he keep his place?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looking at options regarding getting Sanchez back in asap and have come up with these moves to get him.

Toby W to A. Williams
    Butland to Hennessey
    Ali to Fletcher
    Walcott to Sanchez

Madness to sell Toby W?

Was just going to ask a question about B'mth defenders... Smith seems to have the best points scoring potential but seems least secure of the regulars. Will he keep his place?

Last I checked, he was a regular in the line uo

Last I checked, he was a regular in the line uo

Sorry about that. He is a regular in the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

dahat wrote: »
    Looking at options regarding getting Sanchez back in asap and have come up with these moves to get him.

Toby W to A. Williams
    Butland to Hennessey
    Ali to Fletcher
    Walcott to Sanchez

Madness to sell Toby W?

Who is Toby w? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Who is Toby w? :confused:

Alderweireld.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

spock. wrote: »
    Alderweireld.

I'm fairly sure he knew that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure he knew that.

Have been wondering that myself. Where the hell did Toby W come from??

Advertisement